• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Satyamdas

Banned
Lost Fragment said:
You kids and your octo-gates. Back in MY day, I wouldn't eat lunch at school so I could go to the arcade and pay 50 cents a game to learn how to play on stick. And I liked it goddammit.

So I'm curious all of a sudden: what kind of sticks did SF2 machines have, anyway?
They had Happ 360 sticks. Perfectly round circle gate. But the stick itself was thick so getting diagonals was never a problem. Putting an octo-gate in a japanese stick is supposed to recreate that feeling but it sucks because the thinner stick has to travel so much farther to hit those diagonals.

US-Jap.jpg

Also, Poongko is easily the SF4 version of Kuroda. Dude is like grandmaster level with no less than half the cast, and probably more. I've seen his Fuerte, Dudley, Viper, Oni, Evil Ryu, and more just look unbelievably crisp. Dude really is a fucking machine, yo.

LProtag

Did Poongko do most of his training for Evo by just leveling up online? I remember someone saying he was streaming marathon sessions.

InsertNameHere said:
Did Poongko do most of his training for Evo by just leveling up online? I remember someone saying he was streaming marathon sessions.
Yeah he was doing randoms for almost a week straight prior. I caught one were he apparently fell asleep in his chair haha.

Lost Fragment said:
You kids and your octo-gates. Back in MY day, I wouldn't eat lunch at school so I could go to the arcade and pay 50 cents a game to learn how to play on stick. And I liked it goddammit.

So I'm curious all of a sudden: what kind of sticks did SF2 machines have, anyway?
probably old-school Happ parts.

LProtag

macuser1of5 said:
Yeah he was doing randoms for almost a week straight prior. I caught one were he apparently fell asleep in his chair haha.

Makes me feel a little bit better that I'll primarily be an online warrior! I am one state away from the NYC scene, but heading out to NYC to just play some games is... a lot of money/time.

I do kinda want to stop by Next Level Arcade on a weekend sometime when I get a decent idea of how to play the game though. I think that would be a fun experience and I might get to play some decent people. Also maybe I could meet Chris Hu, haha.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
toasty_T said:
What in the... Poongko could win a tournament on random. He was linking shit with Ryu that I haven't seen before.

Oh shit he just picked Hakan

He actually played Ryu prior to Seth.

notworksafe

Rocwell said:
How about this?
6em07b.jpg

izn975.jpg
Take out the GAF logo on the buttons and I'd buy in seconds!

Really, I'd buy either way

Number45 said:
Still not sure you'll get away with the SF font though.
It's not technically "the" SF4 font. It's a free, original font in a similar style.

LProtag

I'm pretty sure this Sagat player's ranking went up by around 300 places just by beating Poongko playing Yang a few times.

AZ Greg

As mentioned Rocwell, just remove the logo from the last two buttons and you've got something.

Would buy!

USD

Kita.

2nw4A.jpg

Better shot now, lol what is resolution.

Haven't (attempted to) read it yet, just flip through to see the pics. She's definitely something special. Lots of photos, including multiple from her childhood.

Despite years of study, my Japanese is still pretty mediocre, and slacking off certainly hasn't helped. I'll manage to grind through it though.

USD

Edgeward said:
How much did that end up running you in total, USD?
45 USD. 1-4 day shipping + horrible exchange rate (1 USD = ~75 JPY) made it somewhat expensive. The book itself was about $18.

USD said:
Kita.

2nw4A.jpg

Better shot now, lol what is resolution.

Haven't (attempted to) read it yet, just flip through to see the pics. She's definitely something special. Lots of photos, including multiple from her childhood.

Despite years of study, my Japanese is still pretty mediocre, and slacking off certainly hasn't helped. I'll manage to grind through it though.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is this suppose to be exactly? Some sort of magazine?

Triple Oceans said:
Pardon my ignorance, but what is this suppose to be exactly? Some sort of magazine?

Kayo Police's book. Kayo Police is a street fighter player who looks EXACTLY like a girl but was in fact born a man.

USD

Triple Oceans said:
It's Kayo Satoh's (aka Kayo Police) photo/essay book. Model, TV personality, and fighting game player who last year revealed she was born male. She talks about life experiences, etc.

Reading the first couple of pages, it's pretty easy to read, I guess I should give myself a bit more credit.

USD

After watching Alpha 2 during $killionaire Fighting last week, I've had Ken's Alpha theme stuck in my head. I like to use Street Fighter EX Plus α/EX2 Plus as an alternate soundtrack (though I swear I lose more frequently when I do), I'll try out Alpha/Alpha 2 next.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kayo is a nice person. I'm glad she remembered me, even with my haircut.

I got her to sign my book too, lol. I'll snap some shots of it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
_dementia said:
Who is working on the 3S:OE |OT|?
Shit needs to be SOOOO epic. SOOOOOOOOOOOOO EPIC.

Rocwell

notworksafe said:
The E and O connecting make the logo look odd imo.
Yeah it kinda does now that you mention it. They don't flatten the "O" here the way I did.
capcom_logo_bluebackground.jpg

I'll fiddle with it some more later, in the meantime:

kbq3qd.jpg

8x91g7.jpg

notworksafe

Rocwell said:
I'll fiddle with it some more later, in the meantime:

kbq3qd.jpg

8x91g7.jpg
So good! My final tiny nitpick is maybe have the stick a bit higher on the shirt and it's good to send to EL for printing.

Thanks for turning my bad PS work into something that looks much better! :p

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
LakeEarth said:
After dropping from 4th place to 72nd, Poongko goes back to Seth.

Poongko doesn't care about points, he's been in the top 10 on both systems multiple times and on multiple accounts, then he just gets bored and/or drunk and starts fucking around.

Also, this isn't even his personal account, but rather one shared by the all the Totalheads members. His personal PSN account is Lorellai.

Rocwell

Here's the revised NEOCAP logotype

35jle1h.jpg

So good! My final tiny nitpick is maybe have the stick a bit higher on the shirt and it's good to send to EL for printing.

Thanks for turning my bad PS work into something that looks much better! :p
Can you be a little more specific? Is there something in particular you want it to line up with?

I gotta head out soon but I'll finish off these projects tonight.

notworksafe

Well most of the designs on the store here http://neogaf.spreadshirt.com/ start above the armpit and yours starts below it. I know it sounds extra nitpicky but the stick/buttons just look odd in the middle of the shirt.

The designs themselves are badass though. The gafcomlogo looks great too! And thanks for sending me that joystick design. Got it on my stick art and it's off to the printer for me later this week. :)

LProtag

Conceited said:
Poongko doesn't care about points, he's been in the top 10 on both systems multiple times and on multiple accounts, then he just gets bored and/or drunk and starts fucking around.

Also, this isn't even his personal account, but rather one shared by the all the Totalheads members. His personal PSN account is Lorellai.

Yeah a lot of it seemed to be he'd run into a player that he couldn't beat using a certain character and he'd keep playing them until he could beat them with the character he was using.

Their scores went up pretty high, haha, but he'd usually beat them in the end and seem to be satisfied.

Rocwell

notworksafe said:
Well most of the designs on the store here http://neogaf.spreadshirt.com/ start above the armpit and yours starts below it. I know it sounds extra nitpicky but the stick just looks odd in the exact middle of the shirt.

The designs themselves are badass though. The Capcom-style logo looks great too!
Ahh ok, I thought you wanted to change the relation of the joystick to the buttons which seemed like kind of an odd request. This way can be much more easily fixed though.

Imm0rt4l

its amazing how I still lose to blanka so badly, its like I haven't learned anything about the matchup since vanilla, I just don't know what to do in that matchup when I'm gouken. When I play dudley it's not so bad though. Maybe I should learn to play blanka. Ever since I started maining Dudley I have like an >80% win rate against this character. Blanka is annoying as fuck.

Corky

Imm0rt4l said:
its amazing how I still lose to blanka so badly, its like I haven't learned anything about the matchup since vanilla, I just don't know what to do in that matchup when I'm gouken. When I play dudley it's not so bad though. Maybe I should learn to play blanka. Ever since I started maining Dudley I have like an >80% win rate against this character. Blanka is annoying as fuck.

1) Wait until he does a ball and block
2) Dash, cl.hp xx ex srk etc etc, grab some coffee come back and laugh at dead blanka

:(

LProtag

Well, I guess having to wait around to get a stick isn't that big of a deal. I've almost filled out enough surveys on a website for Amazon credit to the point where I can get the game for free, haha.

Still... wish I could play it now.

Corky

Imm0rt4l said:
I play gouken.

I...I know, you want to kill blanka? Then do as I command.

edit : no but seriously, if you block a ball, you can atleast dash forward and connect a c.hp can't you?

I lose to El Fuerte everytime.I don't know how to fight him properly.

I played AE for a couple hours today. The matchmaking gods put me with alot of Fei's and Fuerte's today. Only 1 Yun I fought. No Ken's. It was a weird day.

Top Bottom