• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
My favorite match was Art blowing up Gamerbee to take second place. Not often Art unleashes the salt bath and plays at the level he really is.

Assuming PR Rog is going, he should be on the team over Floe. In fact, I think he's the best U.S player to go against international players.

Lobby tonight! I'm feeling good so I can play better.

Greggy finally coming out of the closet to play against Jlai.
http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/298690690

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
_dementia, why the avatar change?

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
pirateben said:
Not sure but after the EGL final when F-word interviewed Louffy he did mention the real reason why Poongko is not on the Korean team...

It's around 33 minutes in: http://t.co/eQApM3Ry

Infiltration isn't the captain though, and Poongko and Laugh AFAIK are cool with each other. Poongko isn't going for other reasons, because even if he wasn't on the team chances are Lap Chi would still have flown him out for the regular tournament.

zlatko

Banned
Yoshichan said:
_dementia, why the avatar change?

It's a stealth troll. He got banned for calling Jade Raymond beautiful(that's who is in his avatar), and so now he's sticking it to the man with her being his avatar.

zlatko said:
It's a stealth troll. He got banned for calling Jade Raymond beautiful(that's who is in his avatar), and so now he's sticking it to the man with her being his avatar.
Oh, is that who that is? I thought that was Jennifer Garner.

Yoshichan said:
Was he sarcastic with the comment? Because I don't seem to understand how calling her positive things would warrant a ban...? ._.
The thread in question got derailed with "would" in regards to her.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
zlatko said:
Was he sarcastic with the comment? Because I don't seem to understand how calling her positive things would warrant a ban...? ._.

zlatko

Banned
Yoshichan said:

It was a thread about something she said, and people derailed it into "omg i'd smang her," and so his comment got put into the basket of horny internet creepers.

notworksafe

Yoshichan said:
It must have been a troll because she isn't anything but average in both looks and game making departments.

Yoshichan

zlatko said:
It was a thread about something she said, and people derailed it into "omg i'd smang her," and so his comment got put into the basket of horny internet creepers.
Ahhh, then it makes perfect sense! Thanks for clarifying :)!

vulva

XenoRaven said:
Chi Rithy plays Yang now?

Dammit.
yeah chi rithy switched to Yang. Killacam switched from Cammy to Yang. Yang Yang Yang. If you played a female character in Super, play Yang ;(

Anth0ny said:
Canada Cup is going to be so hype for SF4. And usually I'm all about Mahvel.

But I thought Daigo was coming to this? What's up wit dat?

Backed out at the last moment. He probably doesn't want to play in tourneys until AE2012 comes out.

Conceited said:
Infiltration isn't the captain though, and Poongko and Laugh AFAIK are cool with each other. Poongko isn't going for other reasons, because even if he wasn't on the team chances are Lap Chi would still have flown him out for the regular tournament.

Sometimes I do wonder if there is some animosity between Poongko and Laugh/Infiltration. When I was at EVO, I never saw Poongko with the other Korean players. Infiltration, Laugh, Shinji, and Weido Neo were always hanging out together, but from what I saw, Poongko was never even around them even for a moment. It was always him and his translator or him and Weirdo Neo riding his nuts during top 8.

vulva said:
any rationale behind this, or more just being a dumbass?

It seems like once he makes up his mind from it he won't change it. Now he didn't come out and say that he's focusing on preparation for AE 2K12, but you could use that argument. Before AE came out, he could have been flown down for many of the US majors that took place before Revelations. There were plenty like WCW2, Winter Brawl, Final Round and so on. But he decided not to because his concentration was on AE while the US was still using Super because AE wasn't out on console yet.

So that's my guess, he's not focusing as much on Yun like he was before and I guess that's his way of saying he doesn't want to come over here if he's not at full power. If you've been reading his latest interviews, I bet you would get that same vibe to :p

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
PR Balrog will not be at Canada Cup, he (along with the rest of DMG) will be at Youma Con in Detroit! Also, this will be PR Balrog's last event as a member of DMG.

I'll be heading out to Canada Cup in a bit, see you guys on stream.

I guess I'll say it here cuz I love NeoGAF. Team Mad Catz is making moves again. ;)

BTW, anyone going to Northwest Majors 3 in Seattle next week? I'll be there as well.

I'm starting my world tour this weekend and won't have a weekend home til' 2012 !

MarkMan said:
PR Balrog will not be at Canada Cup, he (along with the rest of DMG) will be at Youma Con in Detroit! Also, this will be PR Balrog's last event as a member of DMG.

I guess I'll say it here cuz I love NeoGAF. Team Mad Catz is making moves again. ;)

BTW, anyone going to Northwest Majors 3 in Seattle next week? I'll be there as well.

I'm starting my world tour this weekend and won't have a weekend home til' 2012 !

Really?

Is he fully out or will be repping the MCZ alone (kinda like what happened to Murderface).

eissan

MarkMan said:

see you there Markman! gonna represent gaf with some W's! :D

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
USD said:
Canada Cup starts tomorrow.

Oooohh shii....

fake edit : god damn I just remembered, it's in candada... fuck timezones why can't we all just get along?

USD

On Kao TV! today, KSK talked a bit about his personal life. I don't know the full story, but apparently Nuki was talking about KSK's past, so KSK himself decided to speak on the issue. I didn't know much about his personal life, so most of this was news to me.

-(Was) married, KSK met his wife when he was 19, married when he was 24, were together for 14 years.
-She's 8 years his senior
-Recently divorced, she left after Gamer's Vision (KSK's arcade) shut down
-They have a one kid, 1 year, 5 months, boy, named Ryusei
-KSK promised to pay 30 million yen (~$400K) to Ryusei by the time he's 20 year old.

sephi22

Man, watching the CrossCounter SB:V Exhibition Matches on Audio Stream 1 (player audio) and Yipes it making it really hard to watch. If you thought the 'Welcome to USA N*gga' Yipes was gone then you have another thing coming. This dude is just drunk on hype. Some of his comments during the Uryo set were either hilarious or super offensive (or both).

"Chuck those fucking booms. You american n*gga"
"Send that bitch back to school. Finish your homework bitch"
"Yo Ricky, don't respect this bitch. Put a dick in her head"
"Yo I hate these n*ggas"
"Yo Krone, you got bigger tits. Show that bitch. You got kids, krone. Squirt some milk in her face" (Viper vs Sakura)
"Fuck that bitch" X 100

He said the last line about a dozen times each minute. Filipino champ started joining him which made it worse. The best part of the player audio stream is Mike Ross' running commentary with the other players. He breaks down the gameplay of the others and most of his predictions are point. I doubt the commentators were giving information that was more useful. But man Yipes, yeah. I love the dude but this makes me happy that the 'World' won, but that also makes me sad for Krone, and Dieminion, the professionals.

eissan

Axis said:
W and L are on opposite sides of the keyboard

hey remember when we went to evo and I got 3-2 record...OH THAT'S RIGHT! you never showed up :p.

haha I figure I'll do similar to evo, win a couple matches against scrubs and then get exposed by some pro :D.

eissan said:
hey remember when we went to evo and I got 3-2 record...OH THAT'S RIGHT! you never showed up :p.

haha I figure I'll do similar to evo, win a couple matches against scrubs and then get exposed by some pro :D.
No way. You're gonna expose some "pro" instead!

Satyamdas

Banned
sephi22 said:
Man, watching the CrossCounter SB:V Exhibition Matches on Audio Stream 1 (player audio) and Yipes it making it really hard to watch. If you thought the 'Welcome to USA N*gga' Yipes was gone then you have another thing coming. This dude is just drunk on hype. Some of his comments during the Uryo set were either hilarious or super offensive (or both).

"Chuck those fucking booms. You american n*gga"
"Send that bitch back to school. Finish your homework bitch"
"Yo Ricky, don't respect this bitch. Put a dick in her head"
"Yo I hate these n*ggas"
"Yo Krone, you got bigger tits. Show that bitch. You got kids, krone. Squirt some milk in her face" (Viper vs Sakura)
"Fuck that bitch" X 100

He said the last line about a dozen times each minute. Filipino champ started joining him which made it worse. The best part of the player audio stream is Mike Ross' running commentary with the other players. He breaks down the gameplay of the others and most of his predictions are point. I doubt the commentators were giving information that was more useful. But man Yipes, yeah. I love the dude but this makes me happy that the 'World' won, but that also makes me sad for Krone, and Dieminion, the professionals.
All I can say is I hope that people with your mentality don't get your way any time soon. There is plenty of "professional" commentary during streams already. I don't need uptight humorless people like you sucking the fun out of every single minute of every stream. Offended by vulgar language? Don't find Yipes' shit talk funny at all? That's cool. Turn the volume down or mute it. It's obvious that a lot of these guys go to tourneys to revel in juvenile camaraderie and to talk loud, talk shit, pop off, and have fun. And here comes the No-Fun brigade trying to squash that shit because their particular sensibilities are being offended. Well in my humble opinion, until you are sponsoring these events or running them, your complaints about being offended amount to piss all.

On a technical level I'm curious: is it possible to have a secondary audio feed during a stream that the viewer can switch to? One where you just hear the game sounds if the commentary on the main audio feed is so offensive? I'd rather have the crybabies and whiners be given another option to avoid the horrible vulgarities of Yipes/Champ/Art than have them sanitize everything to the point where we get nothing but dry buttoned-down (boring) commentary. I <3 James Chen, but I want him in small-medium sized doses. I don't need to have an option select or buffering explained to me every fucking time I watch a stream. Sometimes (most times) I want to hear trolling, shit talk, jokes, Art memes, ignorant Yipes, etc. I want to hear guys having fun, and talking how they normally talk. I don't want one option of forced professionalism and dry and boring commentary, and nowhere to hear dudes popping off and getting hype.

Satyamdas said:
All I can say is I hope that people with your mentality don't get your way any time soon. There is plenty of "professional" commentary during streams already. I don't need uptight humorless people like you sucking the fun out of every single minute of every stream. Offended by vulgar language? Don't find Yipes' shit talk funny at all? That's cool. Turn the volume down or mute it. It's obvious that a lot of these guys go to tourneys to revel in juvenile camaraderie and to talk loud, talk shit, pop off, and have fun. And here comes the No-Fun brigade trying to squash that shit because their particular sensibilities are being offended. Well in my humble opinion, until you are sponsoring these events or running them, your complaints about being offended amount to piss all.

On a technical level I'm curious: is it possible to have a secondary audio feed during a stream that the viewer can switch to? One where you just hear the game sounds if the commentary on the main audio feed is so offensive? I'd rather have the crybabies and whiners be given another option to avoid the horrible vulgarities of Yipes/Champ/Art than have them sanitize everything to the point where we get nothing but dry buttoned-down (boring) commentary. I <3 James Chen, but I want him in small-medium sized doses. I don't need to have an option select or buffering explained to me every fucking time I watch a stream. Sometimes (most times) I want to hear trolling, shit talk, jokes, Art memes, ignorant Yipes, etc. I want to hear guys having fun, and talking how they normally talk. I don't want one option of forced professionalism and dry and boring commentary, and nowhere to hear dudes popping off and getting hype.

I'd take insightful commentary over "LOL VIPAR TITAYS SPRAY HER WIT SUM MILK". That kind of stuff, in my opinion, is better suited for a youtube parody video or something.

You can be insightful and fun at the same time. Team Rush Hour is perfect. It's funny without "titty milk" and "fuck that bitch" type of comments. It's not supposed to be narrative. I can see that guile chucks fucking booms and is american, don't need to tell me.

Top Bottom