• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Video showing balrogs buffs.

Pretty solid buffs overall. Headbutt damage back to super, more options after overhead and now an even better frametrap with close fierce.

cpcYY.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Should've buffered it guys :D

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Blockstring of: cr.lk, cr.lp, cr.lp, cr.mk

Then jump forward hk hurricane kick should be a decent mixup. There's split second timing where depending on when you press the button it'll cross up or won't.

Hitbox underneath his heel during air tatsu seems like it's bigger.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That was one of the most intense and hilarious Excellent Adventures in a while XD

Rocwell

Is it just me, or does hp hayate ---- hk karakusa work now?

Or has it always worked?

It has always been character specific. Try it on a fat character like Hakan and T hawk and see if it still works.

I'm liking Makoto's new dash. The fact that they don't get pushed back so far means just walking back doesn't make your dash karakusa whiff as much. Also you get more hits in combos / blockstrings after a dash in which is also nice. The new charged hayate is actually pretty good too, it basically behaves like an ex hayate, only it's safe against most reversals.

The nerfs to her health and fukiage damage haven't been hurting too much. They needed to tone down the damage after improving the fukiage so much in AE.

Siaynoqq

Is it just me or is it not possible (or at least significantly more difficult) to follow up a shoryuken fadc with a HP shoryuken for Ryu? Is this intentional, given the changes in its properties?

Loving the extra damage on the HP shoryuken though.

Is it just me or is it not possible (or at least significantly more difficult) to follow up a shoryuken fadc with a HP shoryuken for Ryu? Is this intentional, given the changes in its properties?

Loving the extra damage on the HP shoryuken though.

It's not possible since it's a 1 hit move now. Use MP SRK to juggle in the corner now.

rCIZZLE

I'm finding Blanka's new overhead to be VERY useful. It sucks against people with decent reactions or those who can tell the difference between the charged vs uncharged but a 2 frame link to U1 on a slowass move is fun to play with.

On the other hand, I haven't found much use for the EX ball juggle... using 3 bars to get a mid screen hard kd on a very limited number of characters doesn't seem worth it to me.

holdbrillanj

Neo Member
Damn it, so far i have had Chun, Blanka, Thawk, Deejay, Cammy, Fei, Rufus, Makoto and a pocket Ryu as mains. I decided i was gonna stick with Cody in 2012 but i am having so much fun with Oni. Why can i never stay faithful :(

I hope Oni stays under the radar for my part. The smash and crossup slashes are so easy to get predictable with, and if he starts to get exposure he is gonna struggle

I'm finding Blanka's new overhead to be VERY useful. It sucks against people with decent reactions or those who can tell the difference between the charged vs uncharged but a 2 frame link to U1 on a slowass move is fun to play with.

On the other hand, I haven't found much use for the EX ball juggle... using 3 bars to get a mid screen hard kd on a very limited number of characters doesn't seem worth it to me.

Have you landed overhead -> UC1 in a match yet?

As a cody fan since super, im happy about his buffs but im really not understanding why people are going crazy over him all of a sudden. His biggest glaring weakness is still prominent (wakeup/defense)

BadWolf

Looking forward to seeing some more of Momochi's Cody in tournaments.

Any word on international players attending SCR this weekend?

Robot Pants

Man 2012 is so much better than AE.
Although Balrog's EX headbutt does a RIDICULOUS amount of damage, but I guess that's how it was in Super I just don't remember.

I can't believe there are no international players. Especially after last year's SCR (Sakonoko's coming out party).

I guess December 17th everyone will be lining up for Vitas

Top Bottom