• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Man 2012 is so much better than AE.
Although Balrog's EX headbutt does a RIDICULOUS amount of damage, but I guess that's how it was in Super I just don't remember.

It was buffed by 50%:
http://shoryuken.com/2011/11/29/final-super-street-fighter-iv-ae-ver-2012-change-log-all-characters/
Buffalo Head
Increased damage from 100 to 120 for medium, 100 to 140 for heavy, and 100 to 150 for EX version.

Edit - so now there's a reason to use more than just the lp version. Although I never realized the damage was the same for all versions.

Haven't seem much talk of 'Rog, but seems like all buffs for an already strong character. I love this:

Dash Swing Blow
Shortened hitback distance when hitting opponents on the ground, and eased linking with crouching medium punch, etc.

Can't wait to get into some Street Fighter this weekend.

Threi

notag
It was probably discussed, but lol @ Deejay's super xx U1.

j.HK, st.HK xx SUPER xx U1 does just under 700 dmg.

DeeJay is broke as fuck now.

you get touched its nearly 700dmg. Viper and Makoto got nothing on that. Capcom responded to deejay's "low damage output" problem in spades.

rCIZZLE

How many levels of rock crusher is there? I mean with regards to follow up link functionality.

Only charged and uncharted. Charged is built in hit confirm since it's so slow and allows for a relatively easy 2 frame link into U1. It's a lot easier to land now than when 2012 settles down but just the threat means they can't just db on Blanka on wakeup all day.

rCIZZLE

ugh, just how do I get better with Abel?

Like seriously, is there any technical description anyone could give to explain how to pull off Step Kick into nonsense bread and butter?

Also, how tight is the link from dash cancelling COD into crHP? Because way too often it just gets blocked.

I think I just have way too little experience with fighting games in general, so my execution is simply horrible...

Wiseblade

Like seriously, is there any technical description anyone could give to explain how to pull off Step Kick into nonsense bread and butter?

Also, how tight is the link from dash cancelling COD into crHP? Because way too often it just gets blocked.

I think I just have way too little experience with fighting games in general, so my execution is simply horrible...

Here's what you should do:

Use El Fuerte.

Joekage

That's actually a pretty tough combo. What you want to do is learn how to plink. That's going to be your first line of work in mastering that combo. You could pull it off without plinking but this way, you'll gain more of a understanding of the combo itself.

What you want to do is step kick, immediately dash forward, plink ST HP, into COD. That is a one frame link which is why I recommend plinking for the sake of less frustration and more consistently hitting the combo.

The FADC into crHP from COD shouldn't be that tough. If they are blocking, it's because you're inputting the commands too slowly. Try to work in training mode and work on your speed at FADC'ing the COD. That's usually the case when that combo fails.

Hope I was of assistance!

def sim

Will the real Cody Travers please stand up?...challenge me sir if you want to use Cody....I'll send you back to your current main.

2012 baby!

I still hope for Charlie to be included sometime.

Eh just using him for fun. Though I'm pretty sure a mirror match doesn't prove much!

El Sloth

Banned
Really cool interview with the man who created Street Fighter and developed the six button layout, Takashi Nishiyama.

Just a quick excerpt:
1UP: What about the fireball and dragon punch? Were those your ideas?

TN: Yeah, those were mine. I was inspired by anime and manga from the time, so for example the Hadouken was inspired by a Japanese anime called Space Battleship Yamato. In that, the battleship has a laser missile called Hadouho -- it collects energy and then blasts it into space, destroying the enemy. That that's where I got the idea for the Hadouken. The Shoryuken and Tatsumaki Senpuukyaku were original ideas -- I took martial arts moves and exaggerated them so they looked like special attacks.​

Top Bottom