• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

COtt5.jpg

The guy on the right looks mortified. PM sent

vangief's been dominating tournaments lately?

No, but my point was the tournament domination since 2009 (besides Krone and maybe Die or PR) has been West Coast. I just listed some well known players from 2009 to now.

We need to get back to poppin off and get better nationally than get off when Japan comes and beats our players (except Krone.)

vulva

No, but my point was the tournament domination since 2009 (besides Krone and maybe Die or PR) has been West Coast. I just listed some well known players from 2009 to now.

We need to get back to poppin off and get better nationally than get off when Japan comes and beats our players (except Krone.)

you listed WC players, then mostly mentioned non-WC players as ones who give Japan a run for their money?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
RIP SF4

Long live one of the greatest fighting games ever

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
gonna throw another TE in the trash?
Do I look like someone who can spend money on accessories and then just throw it away?!

Yoshichan

Hah!

:(
Nah son, nah... get ready for some christmas fucking 48h street fighter sessions
I AM READY.
Two of my best SF-buddies just quit this game though, it makes me so sad :( But they're returning to 3s so more 3s-buddies for me I guess...

Gonna wait till the holidays to start playing this and UMvC3 with my bro in law. This will be the 3rd time we are going to be doing this. Hope it becomes a tradition.

I love Sim but can't wait to play some Bison and Gief again.

Yoshichan

LAWL I don't even remember if I have the SSFIV disc anymore...

Corky, any idea? :lol

edit: Wait, do I even have VANILLA SFIV anymore?

Yoshichan

You do :D, it's in the fighting game column :3, not vanilla tho
Wow, I have no clue why that game even exists in my game column anymore... I be getting back mah 360 with dat NON-PATCHED AE when you get yo ass over here

Yoshichan

1000 HP makoto is waiting for ya...
I'm scared... hold me ;_;

Wait, what the heck are you doing?! I said HOLD me, not karakusa me!

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
With every fighting game patch comes a bevy of nerfs and buffs to individual characters, and sometimes changes in game mechanics. Lots of people usually seem upset about this - even if they wanted some of the changes before the patch. I don't understand why this seems to ruins the game for some people... I know you get used to certain things, but why can't you just change your play style a little bit to accommodate the new rules? I have a friend that won't even play SF with me anymore because he refuses to play AE since it's "garbage" to him (I know you can turn it off, but I don't really want to). What's the deal with this... Some people are already upset about the 2012 changes - and if that's the final version of the game then why can't you just learn to deal with it instead of putting the game away for years and years. Do things like this really make or break the game for some people? I wouldn't let relatively small changes like that keep me from enjoying what is otherwise still an excellent game - especially if we're talking about developer changes, changes that were meant (or at least intended) to better the game experience on the whole.

It's the weirdest thing. People should just get used to the bs in fighting games. Dark Wesker, Phoenix, Twins, DHC glitch, VISM, Valle Custom combos, X-Factor, etc. It's inherent in these types of games.

Isn't the MK scene going crazy about the patches in 9?

Yoshichan

I think it's just for Fierce Shoryu. I think you can still dash cancel L and M.
Wow. This is gonna be hard getting used to.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah. You can still with jab and strong dragon punch but that means a lot of his combos are now gone. He seems to hit harder and his moves for me at least seems slower.

Hawk's MP srk being throw-invincible has actually saved me a couple of times today. Haven't fought a Sagat yet, so I don't know how thankful I should be for the cr. HK tweaks yet.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So far the netcode seems to be worse. Like totally. Even Green bars are laggy and can be unplayable.

Jeron and Troof in the lobby now. Oh boy.

Yea I forgot who said it but they said it feels like fireballs are slightly faster and more easily distinguishable between the versions of them. Also yea the lag is horrendous. More than usual.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Might be imagining things, but Ryu's forward walk speed seems buffed, and backwards walk speed and backdash distance seem nerfed very, very slightly.

Counterhit EX FB is awesome in the corner. Good luck fishing for counter hit though...

Fast fireball seems to travel slightly faster.

Top Bottom