• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Can you guys think of anything else I'd need to put into the guide?

Code:
1. Character Basics 
	a. story
	b. stamina/stun
	c. frame data chart
	d. Ryu's playstyle 
	e. Ryu's weaknesses
2. Technical Shit That Will Up Your Game
	a. reading and applying frame data
	b. plinking
	c. hitboxes
3. Normals Breakdown 
	- hitbox pics
	- when to use each move
	- rating for each move
4. Specials/Super/Ultra breakdown
	- hitbox pics
	- setups
	- rating for each move
5. Combos
	a. cancels
	b. links
	c. the only 7 Ryu combos you need to know
	d. situational stuff you must know
	e. blockstrings
6. Effective Training Mode Practice
	a. execution
	b. blocking
	c. combos/blockstrings
	d.  hit confirms
	e. strings/rushdown
	f. character specific training
7. Ground Game
	a. spacing
	b. zoning
	c. footsies
	d. meter management
8. Tricks are for Kids
	a. frame traps
	b. shenanigans
	c. unblockables
9. Playstyle
	a. rushdown - the power to destroy worlds
	b. defense - when to stay your sword
        c. mindgames
               I. how to beat your opponent using only throws
               II. how to beat your opponent using only sweeps
10. Reading/Coercing Your Opponent
	a. the first match
	b. the all-important end of the round
	c. meterless warrior
11. Mitigating Ryu's Weaknesses
12. Character matchups (alphebetized)
13. Outro

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I bring a gift from JPN. <3

6518903949_03f41474e2_z.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sdtekken/sets/72157628437532535/

Joekage

I didn't think it was possible to hate a character more than Blanka, but Honda's new headbutt did the trick. :|

Guy and Gouken are my hated duo. I seriously can't beat these characters online. Guys that repeatedly do unsafe blockstrings that I can't punish somehow and Gouken's with their ex demon flip into grabs that I swear are untechable and the mighty sweepxsweep blockstring haha.

Dat XBL salt. :)

Satyamdas

Banned
Guy and Gouken are my hated duo. I seriously can't beat these characters online. Guys that repeatedly do unsafe blockstrings that I can't punish somehow and Gouken's with their ex demon flip into grabs that I swear are untechable and the mighty sweepxsweep blockstring haha.

LOL you are a fool for that one, Joe. <#

Fraeon

85% of the roster is just irritating shit.

super fucking setup fighter 4. yaaaaaaay.

capgod patch of the forever blablabla

What aspect is it that you like about this game, then?

I'm sure I wouldn't play this game if the game only had one playstyle.

Kimosabae

Banned
So I stumbled across a peculiar Viper phenomenon that I assume is a bug, last night. Evil Ryu can actually dash through the start up frames of Viper's cl. st. short. Just set up an E. Ryu dummy to dash forward and mash cl. st. short right next to him. Easier to setup in the corner, but also works midscreen. E. Ryu will dash through and end up on the other side of Viper. Trippy.

I haven't tested everyone, but so far this only seems to be peculiar to E. Ryu, so it's something concerning his forward dash. A friend of mine should be uploading a vid today.

Venfayth

So I stumbled across a peculiar Viper phenomenon that I assume is a bug, last night. Evil Ryu can actually dash through the start up frames of Viper's cl. st. short. Just set up an E. Ryu dummy to dash forward and mash cl. st. short right next to him. Easier to setup in the corner, but also works midscreen. E. Ryu will dash through and end up on the other side of Viper. Trippy.

I haven't tested everyone, but so far this only seems to be peculiar to E. Ryu, so it's something concerning his forward dash. A friend of mine should be uploading a vid today.

Weird. Juri kind of has something similar, her cl mp can cause her to teleport thru people:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z16T-sbp45c&feature=player_embedded

There are some FSE setups that allow you to plan it. You can use it as a reset, but if you act too soon juri will use her followup attack in the wrong direction.

Imm0rt4l

Sounds like you've been playing takinflights gouken

Airan

Got schooled by Izuna. So much pressure, dropped dashes all over the place (seriously, I hardly drop dashes in other fights, was really demoralizing). Feels bad man.

Also that kunai mixup, is it not focus-able? I've read that Ibuki has an unblockable but that doesn't mean it's un-focusable surely, not that I could pull that off either.

Top Bottom