• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

nm45788.jpg

Bonchan, Mago, and Kokujin.

Without the caption I assumed the dude on the right was Poongko.

jlai

Well my experience at SCR was shorter than I would have liked. Impatience got the best of me and lost to a Bison and Guile. Beat IPeru and eliminated F.Champ, who used Seth right off the bat, along the way so I guess there's always keeping my head up cause of that. I didn't realize there was so much waiting around at big majors like these.

ProfBeef linked my match above

Well my experience at SCR was shorter than I would have liked. Impatience got the best of me and lost to a Bison and Guile. Beat IPeru and eliminated F.Champ, who used Seth right off the bat, along the way so I guess there's always keeping my head up cause of that. I didn't realize there was so much waiting around at big majors like these.

Beat iperu and champ? Good shit jlai.

holdbrillanj

Neo Member
Hey i just got a bit puzzled about the card trick at the end of the stream. Does anyone know it? The things i observed was:

At the first trick, potatohead is given a card from behind the camera and puts it upside down with the card he picked out. This is probably the same card he picked out just from another pile. Its the other way so it will appear the "wrong" way.

When potatohead is placing the card back, he rob decides where it goes, about half way. You can see the two of clubs. So at this point the card is placed exactly where it needs to be

When he is shuffling, afterwards, he is doing it perfect every other card. So its not random. He could actual be sorting the cards instead of randomizing them

When he puts them on the table, he picks them up again in the same sequence as he puts them down, so the card stays the same.

Lastly he rearranges some cards and flip them

I have never seen a card trick before, nor have i tried to solve it. I'm just so curious now :p

http://ja.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/302932527 at part 9, 00:45:30 it starts

Haven't looked much into the last trick, but i saw rob looking at all the cards while the viewers looked at potatoheads card. He is probably checking what card is missing or something.

I hope this is not considered off topic lol

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Is this the same guy who was doing magic tricks for Mike Ross and Combofiend and blowing their minds at the SoCal Ranbats? I've tried searching for that footage because I wanted to see it again, but it's probably lost somewhere in Youtube.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I'm sorry onlinetony, sorry you were matched up against a derp-character. I think LPN really shows what makes cammy a wonderful character.

1) Shit hurt/hitbox or w/e prevents normal combos working on her
2) Missed specials that either a) are hard to punish or b) make her travel far away to the either side of the screen
3) Everything else
4) That fucking diabetic legs cat outfit

eissan

way to go man! was champ salty after you got him? haha were the guile and bison players really good??

BadWolf

Japanese AE rankings:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8pHHANNS6c

2011/12/16
1位/BP 321307 G.WARRIOR かずのこ(Kazunoko)/ユン(Yun)
2位/BP 319736 WARRIOR うめはら(Daigo)/ユン(Yun)
3位/BP 260021 WARRIOR マゴ(Mago2DGOD)/フェイロン(Fei Long)
4位/BP 228180 WARRIOR ネ○(Nemo)/ヤン(Yang)
5位/BP 221658 WARRIOR マイケルたん(Michaeltan)/ケン(Ken)
6位BP 205006 WARRIOR はちがしらさん(Yaz)/ユン(Yun)
7位/BP 195403 WARRIOR 伊予(Iyo)/いぶき(Ibuki)
8/BP 185694 WARRIOR ふ~(Fuudo)/フェイロン(Fei Long)
9位BP 170658 WARRIOR バンババン(Banbaban)/ユン(Yun)
10位BP 169211 WARRIOR -6(Akuma)
11位BP 168693 WARRIOR 猫舌(Nekojita)/アベル(Abel)
12位BP 167758 WARRIOR ШおじさんШ(Ojisanboy)/ヤン(Yan)
13位BP /150197 WARRIOR Unknown/サガット(Sagat)
14位BP /146128 WARRIOR 飛翔(Hisyou)/サガット(Sagat)
15位BP 144633 WARRIOR たく@レシオ4(Taku)/ブランカ(Blanka)
16位BP 141335 WARRIOR キャベツ(Kyabetsu)/C.ヴァイパー(C.Viper)
17位BP 139672 WARRIOR Danjiru(Sakura)
18位BP /138616 WARRIOR 赤眼龍(Sekiganryu)/リュウ(Ryu)
19位/BP 135022 WARRIOR Baiza-sanma/ヤン(Yang)
20位BP /134414 WARRIOR まぁクン(Maakun)/ユン(Yun)

全國月間 (Monthly nationwide?)
1位/BP 54026 G.MASTERR うめはら(Daigo)/(Ryu)
3位BP 37060 MASTER Machabo(Feilong)
4位BP 36413 MASTER バンババン(Banbaban)/(Cammy)
12位/BP 34788 MASTER (Amiyu)/DJ)
13位/BP 34788 G.MASTERR かずのこ(Kazunoko)/Seth)

Looks like Daigo is leading the monthly rankings with his Ryu, Kazunoko way behind with his Seth.

Joekage

Awesome stuff jlai! GAF players are tearing up top players nowadays! I beat Mike Ross at Final Round (although team tournament, still won haha) and now you're beasting on F Champ and iPeru. I'm proud of SF GAF!

hnnnnnnnnnnnng
I'm sorry onlinetony, sorry you were matched up against a derp-character. I think LPN really shows what makes cammy a wonderful character.

2) Missed specials that either a) are hard to punish or b) make her travel far away to the either side of the screen
3) Everything else

Cammy is a derp character now?

Solune

3) Everything else

1. Character Specific.
2. All of her special are punishable unless spaced correctly on whiff or block.
3. Not valid for derp.
4. Not valid for derp.

So you haven't listed anything that's derp. sorry.

alstein

So Xiao Hai (Little Boy) won the Chinese tourney? Damn.

1. Xiao Hai
2. Poongko
3. Sako

I believe he's a famous KOF player, kinda a rival to Dakao, unless it's a different Xiaohai.
He's not a no-name. Would like to see the Chinese hit Evo, they're the one country I'd bet on against Mexico in that game.

And wow at Kayo.

Robot Pants

One day I'll reach 8000 BP with my Seth and retire. For now I get stuck at 5-6000 range and lose to Ryu scrubs. Seth online is soul crushing.

I believe he's a famous KOF player, kinda a rival to Dakao, unless it's a different Xiaohai.
He's not a no-name. Would like to see the Chinese hit Evo, they're the one country I'd bet on against Mexico in that game.

And wow at Kayo.

Yeah, he won SBO for KOF 98 I think.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Seth online is soul crushing.

*Iknowthatfeel*

No other character loses 33% of their health bar from a counter ex shoryu or a mashed out heavy mehican typhoon/russian spd

I'm not saying seths bnb links are tough, if anything I think they're your average 2f hitconfirms or w/e but missing one of them against someone online... it's like you say, bloody soulcrushing.

Which is why blanka is so fun to play online, you don't need combos and heck you don't even need specials.

j.hk
cross up mk
c.mk
c.mp
neutral jump mp
close hp
c.hp

Just use those and you can win without even caring about latency...

eissan

One day I'll reach 8000 BP with my Seth and retire. For now I get stuck at 5-6000 range and lose to Ryu scrubs. Seth online is soul crushing.

I dunno dude, 2012 seems to me lets the scrubs really have it :) I have been fluctuating around 3600-3700PP(360) now that Ryu is back to being "normal" again in AE I couldnt get over 3200PP, died to fucken garbage cause my d.f was nerfed :p.

*Iknowthatfeel*

No other character loses 33% of their health bar from a counter ex shoryu or a mashed out heavy mehican typhoon/russian spd

I'm not saying seths bnb links are tough, if anything I think they're your average 2f hitconfirms or w/e but missing one of them against someone online... it's like you say, bloody soulcrushing.

Which is why blanka is so fun to play online, you don't need combos and heck you don't even need specials.

j.hk
cross up mk
c.mk
c.mp
neutral jump mp
close hp
c.hp

Just use those and you can win without even caring about latency...

Ryu's dont need to mash EX DP :p we got F. DP going on! that shit is boss!

I haven't went online since the first two days of AE 2012 online. Something strange I noticed, almost every Ryu/Ken player that I played with similar PP to me(around 2500 give or take) were doing a lot of DP's after getting knocked down or were doing it during block strings. Besides that they spent the entire match just turtling me when we were both neutral. I don't remember it being this bad before, but man it was fucking horrible that I haven't touched AE 2012 since then. Is it because of my character, Evil Ryu? I assumed it's because I want to set up dive kicks after throws and stuff. But man they refused to block on wake up and my problem is I kept thinking they would stop it when they never did. It really frustrated me to the point that I switched over to Ken and Seth so I could force my way in and make it harder for them to DP every jump in.

I really wish I could step up my zoning and footsies, but I'm so bad at both that I feel like I have no chance at winning if I don't get in and that's why I lost so often against these guys.

eissan

I haven't went online since the first two days of AE 2012 online. Something strange I noticed, almost every Ryu/Ken player that I played with similar PP to me(around 2500 give or take) were doing a lot of DP's after getting knocked down or were doing it during block strings. Besides that they spent the entire match just turtling me when we were both neutral. I don't remember it being this bad before, but man it was fucking horrible that I haven't touched AE 2012 since then. Is it because of my character, Evil Ryu? I assumed it's because I want to set up dive kicks after throws and stuff. But man they refused to block on wake up and my problem is I kept thinking they would stop it when they never did. It really frustrated me to the point that I switched over to Ken and Seth so I could force my way in and make it harder for them to DP every jump in.

I really wish I could step up my zoning and footsies, but I'm so bad at both that I feel like I have no chance at winning if I don't get in and that's why I lost so often against these guys.

MAN! I know exactly what you mean! it's not just ryu/ken players, ITS EVERYONE! they turtle the entire match and barely push forward!! really big piss off because most matches that should take 30-45 seconds now take either the full round or close to it!

I guess the up side is it will teach patience and force you to slow down and analyze more...or get pissed off and taunt the entire match :p.

I find that I just can't read people worth a damn. I get DP'd when I try to go in, and I don't get DPs when I try to bait.

LOL, that's exactly what kept happening to me during my losing streaks. I would do a cross up and block, nothing happens. I do a cross up and throw, I get DP'd, WTF man? I do a dive kick on wake up that's meant to hit, I get DP'd. I do a delayed dive kick that's meant to whiff, they do nothing, WTF MAN?

gutabo

*tries niconico link at work*
*it's not blocked!*
*puts headphones on, simulates keyboard action and mouse clicks*
Does Michael-tan have mago's number? Seems like it!
*goes back to stream monstering for "one more match" *

EDIT: Unbelievable, Mago found out mid match that Ken's c.MK was beating his s.LK(and mumbles something about ryu), he then stops the matches against "Maikeru", enters training mode, records Ken neutral jumping and doing c.MK upon landing and tests it against Sagat's s.LK. Seems like he's used to beat it with s.LK but something has changed(or at least that's what I think happened). Lab testing FTW!!!

Satyamdas

Banned
Eissan and Rice-Eater complaining about random DP'ing shoto scrubs is rich, RICH I TELLS YA! The amount of irony in that could potentially break the universe in half. :p

Axis

MAN! I know exactly what you mean! it's not just ryu/ken players, ITS EVERYONE! they turtle the entire match and barely push forward!! really big piss off because most matches that should take 30-45 seconds now take either the full round or close to it!

I guess the up side is it will teach patience and force you to slow down and analyze more...or get pissed off and taunt the entire match :p.

you have to work to open them up instead of just dp'ing!

Top Bottom