• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

USD

Haha, Dhalsim spoon.

52r3m0vqml.png

eissan

eventually I'd like to run it back with you after my awful performance against you in the scrub tournament ;(

Definitely! just hit me up whenever you want to play!

also, I played against a guy named Road2TopTier last night...MAN! this guy mashed more than I did haha...must've been frustrating for him that I just held back and let him mash and then punished him :D
I feel his pain

USD

Yet to be officially announced, but TOPANGA is going to be running an AE Ver.2012 league featuring some of the best of Japan:

Umehara
Mago
Tokido
Fuudo
Sako
Momochi
Kazunoko
Kindevu
RF
Haitani
Bon-chan
Uryo

There will be both offline and online rounds of play. Offline matches are round robin, FT3. Online matches are 2 sets of FT6, but with "deuce" rules (if tied 5-5, one player must claim a 2-game advantage to take the set). At the absolute minimum, there will be 330 games play, so there will be a lot of Street Fighter to watch.

Offline: January 20-22, January 27-29
Online: February 10-12, February 24-26

The catch is that it will all be on Nico Nico PPV. And it cost 3500 yen (~$45) to watch the whole thing.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
Yet to be officially announced, but TOPANGA is going to be running an AE Ver.2012 league featuring some of the best of Japan:

Umehara
Mago
Tokido
Fuudo
Sako
Momochi
Kazunoko
Kindevu
RF
Haitani
Bon-chan
Uryo

There will be both offline and online rounds of play. Offline matches are round robin, FT3. Online matches are 2 sets of FT6, but with "deuce" rules (if tied 5-5, one player must claim a 2-game advantage to take the set). At the absolute minimum, there will be 330 games play, so there will be a lot of Street Fighter to watch.

The catch is that it will all be on Nico Nico PPV. And it cost 3500 yen (~$45) to watch the whole thing.

Awesome. I'd love to see more stuff like this. I hope they make this easier for US viewers to access than SBO.

Umehara
Mago
Tokido
Fuudo
Sako
Momochi
Kazunoko
Kindevu
RF
Haitani
Bon-chan
Uryo

$45? God damnit.

;_;

Us GAF folks need to stick together. If we hear something, we pm links.

I'd happily donate so that we can get a GAF stream going. If nobody else can help me then I have no problems doing it myself as I also want to see all the action. I just have no idea how to make a account so I'd prefer to just send the money to someone who can.

Muahahaha, my video was show cased on Eventhubs. This is the beginning of my legend. First a fighting game website, next is EVO, then the world. Eat your heart out Izunadrop :p

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/jan/17/ssf4ae-round-ttc-noah-vs-tomo-ohira-eryu-unblockable/

BTW, who if anybody is up to the task of making a Nico account? Conceited and I have both offered to fork up the cash or split it, so we just need someone to do the rest unless he can figure it out himself.

Topanga SSFIV: AE Ver. 2012 League Details ( Daigo, Mago, Tokido, Fuudo, Sako, Momochi, Kazunoko, Kindevu, RF, Haitani, Bonchan, and Uryo participating.)

The league will stream every Wednesday night, all time below is based on JST/Japan Standard Time (+9 GMT), convert to PST/Pacific Standard Time (GMT -8) will be -17 hours from the time below. The league schedule dated as:

Online matches (R1-R6)
- Jan 20 – Round 1 (10:00 PM)
- Jan 21 – Round 2 (10:00 PM)
- Jan 22 – Round 3 (09:00 PM)
- Jan 27 – Round 4 (10:00 PM)
- Jan 28 – Round 5 (10:00 PM)
- Jan 29 – Round 6 (09:00 PM)

Offline matches (R1-R6)
- Feb 10 – Round 7 (10:00 PM)
- Feb 11 – Round 8 (10:00 PM)
- Feb 12 – Round 9 (09:00 PM)
- Feb 24 – Round 10 (10:00 PM)
- Feb 25 – Round 11 (10:00 PM)
- Feb 26 – FINAL (09:00 PM)

Winning rules:
From Round 1 to Round 6 online matches
- 2/3 rounds to win a match
- 3/5 matches to win a set
- 2/3 sets to win a game
- If players won the same amount of game, player who played lesser sets will place on top. If the amount of the sets are same, player who played lesser rounds will place on top.

From Round 7 to FINAL offline matches
- 2/3 rounds to win a match
- First to 6 matches to win a set (duece when 5-5)
- 2/3 sets to win a game

Nico Nico Live is pay per view video website, you may purchase the ticket with 500 yen per episode/Round or 3,500 yen for all 12 episodes/Rounds. More details about the league can be found HERE
Also check out tonight (Jan 18) Topanga TV for more announcement.

Satyamdas

Banned
Why is Tomo hanging out with Noah at his birthday party? Like, why did this happen. And the legend Tomo getting beat like that? Yea....

The whole thing was a publicity stunt put on by Noah's dad and some higher ups at Toyota to bring some pub to a local dealership. According to Mike Watson, Tomo didn't want to do it but was pressured by his bosses at Toyota. He doesn't play SF4, so losing to some scrubby nonsense is not surprising. Supposedly Noah's dad talked some shit about Tomo losing and Watson was gonna go nuts on him, but I don't think anything ever came of it.

The whole thing was a publicity stunt put on by Noah's dad and some higher ups at Toyota to bring some pub to a local dealership. According to Mike Watson, Tomo didn't want to do it but was pressured by his bosses at Toyota. He doesn't play SF4, so losing to some scrubby nonsense is not surprising. Supposedly Noah's dad talked some shit about Tomo losing and Watson was gonna go nuts on him, but I don't think anything ever came of it.

:lol Watson... it's just a game.

jlai

Haven't gotten around to posting it yet so here it is.

My stream match with floe at the LG Cup US Qualifier: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Szho52X_xxQ

And some casuals there with Mike Ross Blanka that someone happened to be recording: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqse0pfiQZw

Another tourney, another disappointing loss. I had the momentum each match with floe but just couldn't close it out. I guess its a case of him adjusting whereas I didn't. Ross ended up finding me later to play more casuals where he brought out Deejay. Wish someone had recorded those matches because it was the most effective usage of Deejay's footsies/pokes I've seen.

Top Bottom