• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

What happened?

I've started to like him due to these Excellent Adventures videos.

And, yeah, he looks really good :p

He just really lost passion for the game during the end of Super, going into AE. Spent most of his time just focusing on the FGC and events as opposed to practicing and playing. Went through sort of a character identity crisis and probably spent more time on 3rd Strike: OE.

He just seems to get it now, and is really going in. Never seen his Rose look so good, even during his Super days

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
To the Texas people. How far is Houston from Austin?

And I hope everybody's fire is relit with this game. Whenever I try to get someone to play it's like nobody is ever doing it. Once in a while I get into matches with Jeron and it gets boring beating up on people like KS.

And I hope everybody's fire is relit with this game. Whenever I try to get someone to play it's like nobody is ever doing it. Once in a while I get into matches with Jeron and it gets boring beating up on people like KS.

It all depends on if I can go to NCR or not. I like Marvel, but I'm infinitely more confident in SF4.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Came here to post this as well.

But I'm really disappointed - matches were lost not because of being outplayed, but because of just plain sloppiness - couldn't believe what I saw, especially when they should have been easy wins.

Daigo dick riders.

YouTube comment said:
Sorry, guys, no disrespect but I doubt this is Daigo the Beast playing. He is making silly mistakes and can't finish his combos Very, no, extremely uncharacteristic of him...

BadWolf

To be fair if I didn't know about the tourney I may have been skeptical as well, those matches were way too sloppy for Daigo.

It wasn't like his Godsgarden online matches against Mago's Fei where he got outplayed completely, he just played really poorly against Fuudo here.

brian

It's not about people riding Daigo's dick. Daigo is supposed to be one of the very best players in the world, and he's dropping basic combos constantly in these matches.

And Daigo has dropped that solar plexus combo a lot of times, it's not uncommon. It doesn't help that Fuudo can make him pay hard and Fei is a really shit matchup.

• eLive|Kindevu (Cammy) beat Uryo (Sakura) 3-1.
• Haitani (Makoto) beat Tokido (Akuma) 3-2.
• Sako (Ibuki) beat Momochi (Cody) 3-0.
• Fuudo (Fei Long) beat Mago (Fei Long) 3-1.
• Sako (Ibuki) beat tokido (Akuma) 3-2.
• Kazunoko (Seth) beat Momochi (Cody) 3-2.
• Kazunoko (Seth) beat MCZ|Mago (Fei Long) 3-0.
• tokido (Akuma) beat Kindevu (Cammy) 3-2.
• Fuudo (Fei Long) beat MCZ|Daigo (Ryu) 3-0.

Someone posted this in the videos comments. Don't know how accurate these reults are, because I didn't bother to look it up. But Momochi getting bodied by Sako 3-0? Jesus, is Ibuki a tough match up for Cody? I really want to see these matches now lol

Joekage

Dudes, one frame links aren't easy especially online and especially the solar plexus into cr fierce link. All one frame links aren't the same, ya feel me....

Daigo played well, but Fuudo played better. It's an tough matchup for Ryu regardless. Daigo did play sloppy but who doesn't sometimes. Human error is human error no matter if you're the beast or not. I'm sure he'll come back stronger.

Momochi losing to Sako doesn't strike me as odd at all either. I have always believed that Sako was a Japanese player that just doesn't get enough respect. Dude is my favorite player from there honestly haha.That said, Ibuki x Cody is a semi-tough match but I'd wager at most it'd be 5.5 in Ibuki's favor MAYBE. I'm more surprised that Momochi did so well against Kazunoko's Seth. That matchup is hilariously difficult, and since I've been training super hard with one of the best Seth's in America, I can justly say that going 3-2 with Cody is a grand feat!

Top Bottom