• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
To the Texas people. How far is Houston from Austin?

And I hope everybody's fire is relit with this game. Whenever I try to get someone to play it's like nobody is ever doing it. Once in a while I get into matches with Jeron and it gets boring beating up on people like KS.

I'm pretty tired of this game unfortunately.

Joekage

To the Texas people. How far is Houston from Austin?

And I hope everybody's fire is relit with this game. Whenever I try to get someone to play it's like nobody is ever doing it. Once in a while I get into matches with Jeron and it gets boring beating up on people like KS.

Just now saw this but usually about 2-3 hours.

Also yes, the combo Daigo is going for is solar plexus, cr. HP xx Shoryuken. One frame link that is difficult to land even offline. The way Daigo has been consistent with it before is nothing short of amazing, even with plinking. So if he misses it a couple of times due to lag, it's not much to exclaim about..

Since I'm at work, what is this? :p

not really nsfw. UltraDavid and James Chen at commentary. James Chen is flipping the table over.

Another section is Maddy the Mad Cat spanking someone with a TE stick while Gootecks and Mike Ross is watching.

oh oh oh ^ didn't realize which way the stick was facing. ^^more accurate description.

Threi

notag
And I hope everybody's fire is relit with this game.

The stream monster in me is thriving, still love it. Not as hype as during the vanilla days but still almost as fun.

The player in me is pretty much dead. Still play every so often though when I forget about how i've fared in the game :)

Toge

UD

Can you give us any interesting insight on the commentary as Shiro seems to have tonnes to say between matches. -R- is hype :lol:

zlatko

Banned
The stream monster in me is thriving, still love it. Not as hype as during the vanilla days but still almost as fun.

The player in me is pretty much dead. Still play every so often though when I forget about how i've fared in the game :)

Ditto. I'm ready for SFxT, and switched my focus to UMvC3 until then, but I'm still mad hyped to watch the game at tournament level.

+1
I haven't touched the game since last November but still love watching the streams. My backlog of games is obnoxiously long.

holdbrillanj

Neo Member
solar plexus , c.fp xx srk is a 1frame link that requires more visual help than muscle memory. links like jab to sweep with balrog are easy with rythm.

But you can tripple plink that ryu combo

I still stream monster and play but I see that people around here aren't playing much so that's why I'm not joining Kadey's lobby's even when I'm around. It'll get kind of lonely with just a couple of people in there. I feel like I should start throwing some small GAF tourney's with a prize to entice people once in a while. Nothing on the level of what Kadey did when we did GAFbats a few years go, but something like I did before when I gave away my PC AE code. Just keep a eye out guys, I'll try to do something like that every once in a while.

I'm reading the summary of the first night of the Topanga League but I have no idea how many paid viewers they had. They said they estimated 5300, but then threw numbers like 14k "attendees" before the show started and 68k by the time it ended. I don't know what "attendees" mean since it doesn't really sound like they all paid. But if they hit there goal of 5300 then that's 260k yen assuming everybody only paid 500 yen for the first night, which is $3377 in US money. Which is pretty damn good for just the first night. If they can do these numbers regularly then I don't see any reason to stop. The only thing left to do is expand to the rest of the world. They just need to do there homework when it comes to how to pricing it for the international audience.

Edgeward

I just have too many games to finish to put in the work to play this, on top of learning KOF and somewhat marvel because a friend gifted it to me that SF just got lost in it all. Once the PC patch is out I'll have some more time for it as I'm more likely to play games in my room on PC than in the living room with the PS3.

I'm reading the summary of the first night of the Topanga League but I have no idea how many paid viewers they had. They said they estimated 5300, but then threw numbers like 14k "attendees" before the show started and 68k by the time it ended. I know know what "attendees" mean since it doesn't really sound like they all paid. But if they hit there goal of 5300 then that's 260k yen assuming everybody only paid 500 yen for the first night, which is $3377 in US money. Which is pretty damn good for just the first night. If they can do these numbers regularly then I don't see any reason to stop. The only thing left to do is expand to the rest of the world. They just need to do there homework when it comes to how to pricing it for the international audience.

14k attendees before it started is true. The people who didn't pay got to watch a portion of yesterday's matches. The Momochi vs Kazunoko match was the first match where only paying members got to watch.

I just massacred 2 semi high PP Cammy in ranked consecutively. One was around 2200 while the other was around 3600. I'll just imagine they were Kak and Vex and call it a night.

Topanga is starting right now. Seems like it's free again for the first few matches. Well, at least I think since I haven't gotten kicked out yet.

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv78041992?ref=nicotop

Today's matches:
Momochi vs RF
Tokido vs Bonchan
Sako vs RF
Mago vs Kindevu
Tokido vs Momochi
Mago vs Haitani
Kazunoko vs Uryo
Tokido vs Kazunoko
Umehara vs Uryo
Kazunoko vs Sako