• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Airan

I think Greg got warnings or something - the videos are now removed. Better watch the new set while you can (if he uploads them)

Izuna

Banned
New to 2012

[SSFIVAE:2012] Ibuki Kazegiri FADC st.Roundhouse HJC Yoroitoshi (Ultra 1)

Spreadsheet: https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=b50572e008f310ec&resid=B50572E00...

Write-up: This combo is only useful if you want the extra damage from the Energy Blast, yet still want an [Untechable Knockdown]. The Energy Blast does no Stun so it is a good choice if you want your next Mix-up to Stun without much damage-scaling. In the spreadsheet you'll see that some characters it does 1-3 hits on them. It is simply not worth going for on those characters, you waste meter for less damage than a simple Neckbreaker.

Ryan Hart and Kayane looking goofy

lE4o0.jpg

vulva

So I guess I have AE on 360 now. I guess I'm open to playing anyone right now, atleast for the next month (I have one month of gold, can't justify actually buying it though).

The Latest Topanga results, courtesy of Tokido way of SRK:

Overall Standings

1. Kazunoko – 5W – 1L
2. Daigo – 4W – 2L
3. Mago – 4W – 3L
4. Fuudo – 3W – 1L
5. Sako – 3W – 2L
6. Haitani – 3W – 2L
7. Tokido – 3W – 7L
8. Kindevu – 2W – 2L
9. Bonchan – 2W – 4L
10. Uryo – 2W – 4L
11. RF – 1W – 2L
12. Momochi – 1W – 3L
Round 3 Results

Kazunoko (Seth) 3 – 2 Bonchan (Sagat)
Uryo (Sakura) 2 – 3 Haitani (Makoto)
Tokido (Akuma) 0 – 3 Uryo (Sakura)
Sako (Ibuki) 1 – 3 Mago (Fei Long)
Bonchan (Sagat) 3 – 1 Haitani (Makoto)
Uryo (Sakura) 2 – 3 Fuudo (Fei Long)
Tokido (Akuma) 2 – 3 Mago (Fei Long)
Daigo Umehara (Ryu) 1 – 3 Kindevu (Cammy)
Bonchan (Sagat) 2 – 3 Mago (Fei Long)
Tokido (Akuma) 3 – 0 Fuudo (Fei Long)
Daigo Umehara (Ryu) 3 – 1 Bonchan (Sagat)

Looks like Daigo and Kazunoko are the front runners right now. I'm more impressed by Kazunoko considering his main changed from the last version and he's managing to dominate still.

The Latest Topanga results, courtesy of Tokido way of SRK:

Overall Standings

1. Kazunoko – 5W – 1L
2. Daigo – 4W – 2L
3. Mago – 4W – 3L
4. Fuudo – 3W – 1L
5. Sako – 3W – 2L
6. Haitani – 3W – 2L
7. Tokido – 3W – 7L
8. Kindevu – 2W – 2L
9. Bonchan – 2W – 4L
10. Uryo – 2W – 4L
11. RF – 1W – 2L
12. Momochi – 1W – 3L
Round 3 Results

Kazunoko (Seth) 3 – 2 Bonchan (Sagat)
Uryo (Sakura) 2 – 3 Haitani (Makoto)
Tokido (Akuma) 0 – 3 Uryo (Sakura)
Sako (Ibuki) 1 – 3 Mago (Fei Long)
Bonchan (Sagat) 3 – 1 Haitani (Makoto)
Uryo (Sakura) 2 – 3 Fuudo (Fei Long)
Tokido (Akuma) 2 – 3 Mago (Fei Long)
Daigo Umehara (Ryu) 1 – 3 Kindevu (Cammy)
Bonchan (Sagat) 2 – 3 Mago (Fei Long)
Tokido (Akuma) 3 – 0 Fuudo (Fei Long)
Daigo Umehara (Ryu) 3 – 1 Bonchan (Sagat)

Looks like Daigo and Kazunoko are the front runners right now. I'm more impressed by Kazunoko considering his main changed from the last version and he's managing to dominate still.

Daigo is back to Ryu now?

V_Arnold

I just realized that the LG SFIVHD prize "fiasco" can only be likened to a situation where GSL announces that they are doing a StarCraft 64 tournament paralell to the SCII CODE S, with twice the money.

...whoa.

Vice

Huh ? What fiasco ?

The LG tournament has two events. AE2012 and the phone version.

The phone version has a payout of $10,000 for first place while AE has a payout of $5,800 for first place. It's the first time I've seen it called a fiasco. It makes sense for the payout seeing as how the thing is one big promotion for some LG phone and their exclusive version of Street Fighter IV.

Kioshen

The LG tournament has two events. AE2012 and the phone version.

The phone version has a payout of $10,000 for first place while AE has a payout of $5,800 for first place. It's the first time I've seen it called a fiasco. It makes sense for the payout seeing as how the thing is one big promotion for some LG phone and their exclusive version of Street Fighter IV.

Yeah that's understandable since it was an LG sponsored event ...

It switched to single elimination while the tournament was already in progress.

... but if that's true now that's some mismanagement blunder.

Regarding pool:
Wasn't it only for 1 pool as well during pools? I remember hearing someone complain that his pool was switched to single elim and the other pools remained double elim.

Pool 1 remained double elimination while Pool 2 turned to single elimination. Because they poorly managed time and stick by TST (Tournament Standard Time) and had to be out of there by 6:00 PST.

Anyone in Pool 2 only had one chance to go to Korea while Pool 1 had two chances.

Top Bottom