• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Find me a good picture and I'll make it happen.

image.jpg

Vice

I think I may start going to majors. I've been doing somewhat well in weeklies lately, to the point where I want to try my skills against a more varied pool of players.

Also, I've really felt like grinding out long sessions against certain characters lately. I get online most nights from Midnight to 3 pst. Watching streams has really made me want to participate more in the FGC.

Dartastic

Battled Sherry's Viper tonight. Laggy. Lost really badly the first round, but the second round I could have won. Had her sorta figured out. Didn't win though, because of the lag. So sad. =(

Why? This ain't Marvel. lol.

How long have you been posting in the SF4 thread? If only you knew some of the stories posted here. I don't know which game brings out the salt more, but there are plenty of factors in SF4 that makes people rage. I would know, I've broke a table and put a hole in the wall. And that's nothing compared to other stories I've know of from other GAF'ers and players I know personally.

Jenga

Banned
How long have you been posting in the SF4 thread? If only you knew some of the stories posted here. I don't know which game brings out the salt more, but there are plenty of factors in SF4 that makes people rage. I would know, I've broke a table and put a hole in the wall. And that's nothing compared to other stories I've know of from other GAF'ers and players I know personally.
I thought I knew bullshit before mvc3. I was wrong.

entremet

Long time lurker since Vanilla days. Don't really post much though.

It was just a lighthearted dig at the ''rival'' game series.

MIMIC

Banned
So I was messing around with this scrub and decided to get 10 wins after the 1st 7 were absolute routs.

I pick my main for the 10th win and almost lose. FAIL. >_< lol Barely won.

Bizazedo

SF gets to me far more than Marvel. Probably because it's much easier to blame "Oh he just used character X / X-factor" in Marvel.

In SF, you generally lost because....you lost.

I still respect it more than Marvel, though.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.

I got chest pains from SF4 online and went to the emergency room :I, turned out to be some other non-related shit but I'm sure the rage set it off.

I have slowly, reluctantly, staved myself off of online. Last game against somebody random was probably more than six months ago. Now I just play offline with friends.

eissan

I got chest pains from SF4 online and went to the emergency room :I, turned out to be some other non-related shit but I'm sure the rage set it off.

I have slowly, reluctantly, staved myself off of online. Last game against somebody random was probably more than six months ago. Now I just play offline with friends.

I've got migraine's cause of SSF4...and cut up knuckles cause I punch my stick HARD when I lose because of lag/mash dp(my own or theirs)...I think if I were to take the cover off my original TE it would be warped cause of me punching it soo many times!

I really should stop playing this game...
NO FUCKING WAY! too much fun :)

When I first picked up mvc3, the sodium levels were high, but tapered off as I learned the game. There's so much bullshit in that game, but losing doesn't make me rage like losing at SF does.

Kinda hard to explain. I try not to yell at night time, but I will grind my fist into my other hand in pure angsty rage.

Fuck you, Sim x Abel matchup

Kioshen

I used to rage so hard at sf4 too but then I guess the edge wore off and just accepted the bullshit the engine brings to the table and work with it.

It took a while to get there however ...

I threw my controller once. Not at a wall or anything, but it was one of those "half throws" like if you were throwing garbage over your shoulder. I then regretted it when the controller hit something besides the floor and I heard a huge "THUMP" noise. Luckily everything was ok, and i stopped being mad after that.

Still, nothing beats destroying keyboards or snapping discs in half.
KuGsj.gif

Hey Street Fighter Gaf, I'm new here but have been lurking for years some of you have probably played me on Sf or marvel.

I main DeeJay and Balrog? My character identity has been messed up ever since Arcade edition hit :p.

Anyway I went to an amateur tournament for this game in Toronto and got 13th with my DeeJay, wish I could have done better but I ran into my two most hated matchups.. Sagat and Dhalsim haha. I lost to a Sagat in Winners, then a Dhalsim in losers.

But anyway my cousin Scruffs (if you've played him online you'll know he's pretty good) Got first place at this tournament, in one of the most hype last round, grand finals, no health tournament point matches that i've seen. Could have went either way really.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1L5Lsa0qG0&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Go to 9:30 for the hype. I honestly thought he was going to lose after the second focus attack but damn.. I won't spoil the ending but him winning felt so sweet haha

Top Bottom