• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

ughh. played in some fuerte's lobby last night and he beat me 13-6 before i just couldnt take it anymore. i dont know anything about that matchup.

"Some characters you get beat by in SF4 and you're like 'Wow I wanna learn that character now', and other characters just make you go, "...fuck this game"

42148_orig.jpg

"Some characters you get beat by in SF4 and you're like 'Wow I wanna learn that character now', and other characters just make you go, "...fuck this game"

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/ve3d/images/04/21/42148_orig.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I played Fuerte in a lobby yesterday and got kicked after 1 game and sent a message telling me to play a real character lol

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/ve3d/images/04/21/42148_orig.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

I still don't get how people can have a hard time against blanka. I'm serious... if they're dumb and do one of the following

1) Have their slide blocked
2) Random balls that get blocked
3) Keep jumping all over the place

I fail to see how anyone with a good grasp of the game can't beat Blanka. You knocked him down and he has ultra? Count on him doing wake up ultra. No ultra? He'll de ex up-ball.

So SSFIVAEVer.2012 players, what's your favorite SF game?

sf 2 hyper
sf2 CE
OG SF 2-handcuffs,invisible throw
TIE: ALPHA/EX Series
TIE 3rd strike/SSF 4.

Why 3rd strike and SSF4 so low? Based on my experience alot of players rely on the throw rather than trying other strategies. Spider nailed it right on of one of my reasons
sf2 series so high on my list because it take no bailouts ala meters, etc...

sf 2 hyper
sf2 CE
OG SF 2-handcuffs,invisible throw
TIE: ALPHA/EX Series
TIE 3rd strike/SSF 4.

Why 3rd strike and SSF4 so low? Based on my experience alot of players rely on the throw rather than trying other strategies. Spider nailed it right on of one of my reasons
sf2 series so high on my list because it take no bailouts ala meters, etc...

Isn't throw just an option select in SF2? Sounds like less strategy.

According to fchamp and mike "7th place" ross even in AE alot of top japanese players thought he was top tier.
Anyone have that close match between the American Blanka player and Daigo from Super?

Anyone have that close match between the American Blanka player and Daigo from Super?

Well in SF2 the 3 hit combos did a killing on a opponent and gave gameplan options as far as attacking or staying back and wait for the counter. I personally try to defeat my opponents without having to using the throw unless my opponent throws first. Like I said before I'm getting back into the game and the players now than the past are so different IMO and just adjusting...
I'm using E Honda lately and kinda like his matchups. Except when against Juri,Li, Rog and Dudley..

Well in SF2 the 3 hit combos did a killing on a opponent and gave gameplan options as far as attacking or staying back and wait for the counter. I personally try to defeat my opponents without having to using the throw unless my opponent throws first. Like I said before I'm getting back into the game and the players now than the past are so different IMO and just adjusting...
I'm using E Honda lately and kinda like his matchups. Except when against Juri,Li, Rog and Dudley..

oh okay

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.

The focus in SFII is on the neutral battle, not on a point-blank guessfest. Throws in SFII have a bigger reward because it's much more difficult to be in a position to use them compared to SFIV. To put it another way: Mike Rossian jump-ins were the dumbest thing you could do in those games.

The focus in SFII is on the neutral battle, not on a point-blank guessfest. Throws in SFII have a bigger reward because it's much more difficult to be in a position to use them compared to SFIV. To put it another way: Mike Rossian jump-ins were the dumbest thing you could do in those games.
Not when you're chun lol. Walk forward and mash st. Mp ftw

Top Bottom