• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Cigarbob blowing everybody up on Art's stream. Wow. So much history behind the scenes.

Holy, people new to the scene missing out on all this OG talk. Floe jerking off on someones pillow. What?

USD

The second round of Topanga League is starting up right now. 2/3 sets of FT6, all offline matches. Winner advances to fight the next ranked player.

12th RF
11th Tokido
10th Kindevu
9th Bon-chan
8th Momochi
7th Mago
6th Umehara
5th Fuudo
4th Kazunoko
3rd Uryo
2nd sako
1st Haitani

The first match is RF vs. Tokido, then the winner of that match vs. Kindevu. There's still the free viewing period (I'm assuming about an hour), so even if you haven't paid, you can still watch part of the matches.

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv78045228

Is there any sorts of schedule around for upcoming majors ? I know winter brawl and final round are the next big events but what comes afterwards and when do they start ?

USD

Tokido vs. RF
6-3, 6-3

RF takes 12th place, 5 yen (~ 0.06 USD) prize.

Tokido vs. Kindevu
6-3, 8-6

Kindevu takes 11th place, 100 yen (~1.25 USD) prize.

7th is the lowest position to take more than 100 USD, so before then, you're pretty much playing for pocket change, haha.

Tomorrow's matches are Tokido vs. Bonchan, and the winner of that match vs. Momochi.

XenoRaven

I really want to pick this game up but not if the netcode is terribad =/

I live in CA and played my friend in OH. It was pretty bad. The latency was some of the worst I've experienced in any online game. I need to try and play some people closer to me to see if that helps. But I'm disappointed it runs so poorly with my friend since Street Fighter and Soul Calibur work just fine.

Tizoc

Just read about Mago's tier list for SSF4 '12, and has mentioned that he considers Cammy and Adon among the best characters in the game. Just how good have these 2 characters gotten? (Sorry I don't play much SSF4 these days ^_^; )

Imm0rt4l

Just read about Mago's tier list for SSF4 '12, and has mentioned that he considers Cammy and Adon among the best characters in the game. Just how good have these 2 characters gotten? (Sorry I don't play much SSF4 these days ^_^; )

Where is this list, all I've seen on srk was this work in progress.

index.php

lol @ gouken vs adon/bison being 5-5. the fuck?

Westlo

Tomorrow's matches are Tokido vs. Bonchan, and the winner of that match vs. Momochi.

Tokido's got a good chance to get to Daigo in this comp, he has a great run....

RF - Matchup advantage
Kindevu - Tokido brought this match from 4-6 to 5-5 in Super's lifetime, has way too many setups for Kindevu to handle.
Bonchan - Matchup adv
Momochi - Weak wake up game of Cody is prime for Tokido
Mago - I've seen Tokido beat Mago quite a bit, don't think Mago's Fei can handle the murderface.
Daigo - The dream run stops here... and if he somehow wins...
Fuudo - Akuma > Fei and Fuudo doesn't have as much exp against Tokido as Mago.

He aint getting past Kazunoko, Uyro, Sako or Haitani though.... but more than likely Daigo stops him. Of course after typing all this Bonchan will own him.

MIMIC

Banned
Just got done with a Fuerte mirror match AKA "There's at least going to be 1 perfect every match" lol

I love how annoying Fuerte is. Having my own shenanigans used against me was fun :)

Haven't played in 2 weeks (and before that, it was even longer). Dat rust. But if I can RSF, I'm good.

Westlo

Oh yeah.. next weekend is.... [February 17-19 2012, Cannes - France] World Game Cup 2012

Copying and pasting from the post on the ozhadou forums...

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition v.2012 (Solo & 3vs3)
-SOLO TOURNAMENT WITH A $5000 CASH-PRIZE!
-The Top 8 of the Solo Tourney get Seeding points, and the Winner a Round Ticket & Lodging for the Shadowloo Showdown 2012

World Game Cup 2012 V.I.P.'s:

The V.I.P.'s (Very Important Players) will join in droves for the 2012 edition of the World Game Cup. They're among the best players in the world on their respective games.
Here is a list that will be completed on the official website with each new VIP entrant:

Fuudo (JP)
MCZ.TTC|Tokido (JP)
MCZ.TOPANGA|Mago (JP)
eLivepro|BAS (JP)
eLivepro|RF (JP)
eLivepro|MOV (JP)
Oosuka (JP)
Sousuhi (JP)
Mochi-a (JP)
eLivepro|Alioune (FR)
eLivepro|Kayane (FR)
MCZ.Western Wolves|Prodigal Son (UK)
MCZ.Western Wolves|F-Word (UK)
MCZ.WDM|Cuongster (FR)
MCZ.WDM|V-Ryu (CH)
MCZ.WDM|Evans (FR)
MCZ.WDM|Luffy (FR)
MCZ.WDM|Renegad (FR)
MCZ.WDM|Will2Pac (FR)
CDV|WhiteBl4ck (FR)
eLivepro|Mr KOF (US)
The Answer (US)

And more...

Please win Alioune.... I'm pretty sure Tokido and Mago are going to get invites anyway, knowing the Shadowloo boys they'll invite the original 3 guests back again regardless. (So that's Mago, Tokido and Gamerbee the original champion). I think Alioune competing with as many Japanese players as last SS as well as some big names from the USA would be pretty interesting...

Edit - Tokido's opened a lobby for Cody players right now lol, he aint even worried about Bonchan.

USD

Tokido vs. Bon-chan
6-3, 4-6, 6-3

Bon-chan takes 10th place, 500 (~6.44 USD) yen prize.

Momochi vs. Tokido
6-3, 6-1

Tokido takes 9th place, 1000 (~12.89 USD) yen prize.

The next round of matches is the 21st, Momochi vs. Mago then the winner vs. Umehara.

Oh yeah.. next weekend is.... [February 17-19 2012, Cannes - France] World Game Cup 2012

Copying and pasting from the post on the ozhadou forums...

Please win Alioune.... I'm pretty sure Tokido and Mago are going to get invites anyway, knowing the Shadowloo boys they'll invite the original 3 guests back again regardless. (So that's Mago, Tokido and Gamerbee the original champion). I think Alioune competing with as many Japanese players as last SS as well as some big names from the USA would be pretty interesting...

Edit - Tokido's opened a lobby for Cody players right now lol, he aint even worried about Bonchan.

Is there a stream for this and when is it going down?

Went to my first tournament since September of last year. It's the Rock'em Sock'em series in Charlotte, NC. So what did I learn, I still suck at this game, oh wellz. This tournament was a little extra special because we had special guest Dieminion, Flash Metroid, and Noel showing up. Of course this brought out more people, even some that normally wouldn't make the trip to Charlotte. I got to play Flash in some casuals, but unfortunately didn't get the chance to play Dieminion. He asked why I didn't try to tick throw, I said I thought he would be prepared to tech my throws. He says, he's not going to tech a throw that isn't going to happen, which is a trademark of a bad player. I didn't say anything but was like "yeah, that's true" in my mind. Honestly he's a cool guy, but if you play him he won't hold back on his criticisms which I've heard about and didn't have a problem with. He was right, I should have attempted tick throws and not respected him so much.

I spent most of my time watching and playing casuals. I also had a pretty long session with Hitokage. As for the actual tournament, they held SF4 last and it didn't start until 8:30 PM. I had no idea it would take so long to start. Out of the 42 people who entered, 3 had already dropped out, I was close to being #4, but finally they started it and my first opponent was Hitokage. I won but I'm not even sure if it counted because the organizers were talking about rearranging things since players dropped out. Then I played a Guile player and lost. In losers I played a pad Ryu player named Joel. He's from Atlanta maybe DBJ knows him. Before he played me I saw him play Dieminion and was really impressed. In there first match it ended in a double KO. Later he landed a Ultra on Dieminion as he launched a sonic boom. He lost but was really imperssive. During our match I did land some gimmicks on him and took a round, but eventually he won.

After that I took off. The thing is I only slept 2 hours that morning and the drive home from Charlotte(about an hour) was pretty damn scary. Half way through the trip I started getting really sleepy and was swerving quite a bit. Good thing it was late at night and there was no traffic around. I just remember getting home and turning on the stream to see the Grand Finals between Druseph(ATL Honda player) and Dieminion who was playing as Sagat instead. Then I remember waking up in my jeans and hoody. Well that was kind of fun, may go back next month, hopefully with more sleep.

Tokido vs. Bon-chan
6-3, 4-6, 6-3

Bon-chan takes 10th place, 500 (~6.44 USD) yen prize.

Momochi vs. Tokido
6-3, 6-1

Tokido takes 9th place, 1000 (~12.89 USD) yen prize.

The next round of matches is the 21st, Momochi vs. Mago then the winner vs. Umehara.

lunch money winnings. I dig it.

Did the LG global tournament pass already without any streams? I don't see any results anywhere, and the date for the finals was 2/12.

Mike ross said something about it being recorded for tv or something like that, which is strange given that Twitch is a partner or a promoter for this thing.

K.Sabot

Jump hk/hp ---- grab is impossible to tech online. Fuck psn. Fuck capcom for holding back the pc.

Edit: Don't buy eightarc sticks guys, the build quality doesn't seem to hold up over time. I'm on month 2 and my start button is starting to fail as well as my down back.

Robot Pants

Edit: Don't buy eightarc sticks guys, the build quality doesn't seem to hold up over time. I'm on month 2 and my start button is starting to fail as well as my down back.

TE 4 Life.
I wasted my life with 2 different Modded SEs, and I'm kicking myself for not getting a TE right off the bat.

K.Sabot

TE 4 Life.
I wasted my life with 2 different Modded SEs, and I'm kicking myself for not getting a TE right off the bat.

Well I fixed my problem just now, but I'm still disappointed with the fact that they have 3 different types of screws keeping the top panel bolted down, and I'm gonna have to get a new joystick for it.
Also all the labeling rubs off within the first week.
Also the fact that the inside of this thing is caked with sawdust.
Also one of the panels of wood is ruptured in the middle because someone put a screw in the wrong angle.
Also everything was loosely screwed in so when I shook the thing I heard a rattle.

K.Sabot

Lol I can hold my stick in down forward, hit jab, and super will come out. Sucks, I'm gonna have to take a break from this game. : (

Top Bottom