• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Edgeward

My Pavy blow ups from Art's twitter

https://twitter.com/#!/nycfurby

@mrpavysrk also someone linked me to this too: http://www.google.vu/support/forum/p/youtube/thread?tid=6d677d093232d952&hl=en all the way at the bottom of the thread

@mrpavysrk it's not really cool to make money off other peoples content even though u edited stuff urself, it's still our source material

@mrpavysrk its not like u were ever giving us a cut of ur ads man.

@nycpavy you were making money off youtube videos you were editing from known streams. are we getting a cut?

EXPOSED

Time to just keep tabs on BasedMonster for FGC blowup vids and team Rush Hour.

Edgeward

Pavy actually banned me from commenting on his vids because I called him out for that one time, haha.

Yea, I've actually seen comments like that on BasedMonster vids where people would have their comments deleted when even just suggesting Pavy put up links to Spooky and his donation links in Pavy's vids description.

USD

Not my image, excuse the language.

ZCRJ8.png

Edgeward

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=285812014819308&id=161227350611109

Pavy:to the People Saying i was making money off of Spookys videos and others,I wasnt i was only getting ads on the Capcom Game hype videos and the LOL triforce video.people Claiming that i was making money from Content that wasnt mine is lying.The Purpose of my Youtube Account was to Highlight moments in the Fighting game community.If anything i might've helped spooky gain followers and CEOGaming,OffCast,Optionselect,EG_Floe etc.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The main demographic of people watching his videos were already people that had awareness of ♚ S℗00ky, Level↑Up and the FGC in general. His videos did jack shit to garner new yet alone a dramatic increase in viewership for them. People who watch them usually do it as a replay because they wanted to relive the moment again or they just couldn't watch the stream Live.

Never played anything past Super because I got tired of Capcom trying to extract money from me and continuing to chop the online player base into smaller chunks, but mine is 3rd Strike fwiw.

You don't like when Capcom makes a 3rd revision to a game but your favorite SF is a 3rd revision to a game?

You don't like when Capcom makes a 3rd revision to a game but your favorite SF is a 3rd revision to a game?

eh, I played 3S way after it came out and since there was no online I didn't care, I just don't think capcom's strategy of trying to amulet the good ole'90s can fly these days in the age of online player base (at least for my dollars).

notworksafe

I just don't think capcom's strategy of trying to amulet the good ole'90s can fly these days in the age of online player base (at least for my dollars).

kL8uc.jpg

?

Also, the playerbase isn't really split. Anyone that wants to remain competitive bought AE. The only group that split off were the super casuals...and no one who was properly competitive played against those people online anyway.

So SSFIVAEVer.2012 players, what's your favorite SF game?

ST. Then Hyper.

After Super, Capcom became gimmick/system happy.

Alpha = chain combos, air blocking and alpha counters

Alpha 2 = Custom Combos

Alpha 3 = ISM system, retarded juggles, guard meter, etc (CVS2 much better game and no stupid juggles)

III = Super Jumps, Super Cancels, Parries, Super Arts, dash, etc

IV = ultras and focus attacks.

I started with SF2: Turbo for the snes when I was a little guy, buy really branched off into the GG series, more my style. But from what I've played, I like SSF4 the best. Seemd pretty balanced to me and its when I first started playing Rose, my original princess....

Horseress

Spend my childhood playing ST, my adolescence playing Alpha 3, and now I play AE2012, and I have to say, there's nothing compared to AE2012 in my opinion. Mix all I loved from the old games and it's just....beautiful ^^

kL8uc.jpg

?

Also, the playerbase isn't really split. Anyone that wants to remain competitive bought AE. The only group that split off were the super casuals...and no one who was properly competitive played against those people online anyway.

Goddamn FF spell checker, should've double checked with google before posting.

Also, I'm a casual fighting game player, I have no intentions of ever going into a tournament just like I have none for Quake 3, Starcraft 2... etc, but each single time the online player base gets smaller and smaller and that just undeniable since each iteration sells less than the one before. If you are one of those guys who can play the wolfkrones and Fchamps on a regular bases online and is one of the "properly competitive" pool of people than good for you, but for me Super is a ghost town online, and I don't want to pay $15 to A. have the privilege to playing online again B. They couldn't pick a least interesting set of new characters for AE even if they tried.

To be honest I thought a proper way to fix that issue was to patch everyone to the current balanced version, but let the guys who don't want to pay for more characters still be able to play against them, that way you wouldn't continue to split the player base further and further with these mini expansion packs.

MIMIC

Banned
They should have had a first to 10 to decide if he could keep his account.

lol

So SSFIVAEVer.2012 players, what's your favorite SF game?

1. Super Street Fighter 4 (my first competitive SF game other than SF4, plus my main's Ultra was deliciously broken ^_^)
2. Street Fighter Alpha 3 (I logged so many hours playing this game, mostly against my brother).
3. Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha (blocky fun =p)

notworksafe

Also, I'm a casual fighting game player, I have no intentions of ever going into a tournament just like I have none for Quake 3, Starcraft 2... etc, but each single time the online player base gets smaller and smaller and that just undeniable since each iteration sells less than the one before. If you are one of those guys who can play the wolfkrones and Fchamps on a regular bases online and is one of the "properly competitive" pool of people than good for you, but for me Super is a ghost town online, and I don't want to pay $15 to A. have the privilege to playing online again B. They couldn't pick a least interesting set of new characters for AE even if they tried.

To be honest I though a proper way to fix that issue was to patch everyone to the current balanced version, but let the guys who don't want to pay for more characters still be able to play against them, that way you wouldn't continue to split the player base further and further with these mini expansion packs.

I see your point, but obviously Capcom is going to cater to the people they can get to buy more content. I've never understood why games like Starcraft or FPSs get the pass on expansion packs but fighting games are lambasted.

Do you consider HotS a bad thing for SC2? It will split the player base and make WoL a ghost town online. Same question asked for the Q3TA expansion.

Also "properly competitive" doesn't mean "pro level" so don't pull that card. Properly competitive means someone who wants to keep playing with the current class of players (either online or offline).

Also it's kinda interesting that 50% of the new characters in AE are from your favorite game, yet you call them all boring.

I see your point, but obviously Capcom is going to cater to the people they can get to buy more content. I've never understood why games like Starcraft or FPSs get the pass on expansion packs but fighting games are lambasted.

Do you consider HotS a bad thing for SC2? It will split the player base and make WoL a ghost town online. Same question asked for the Q3TA expansion.

Also "properly competitive" doesn't mean "pro level" so don't pull that card. Properly competitive means someone who wants to keep playing with the current class of players (either online or offline).

Also it's kinda interesting that 50% of the new characters in AE are from your favorite game, yet you call them all boring.

I wasn't pulling any "card" all I said is that if you still find a pool of players to play with then good for you, I wasn't getting any, and yes 3S is my favorite SF game but I don't exactly go crazy for the twins is there something wrong here ? just because it's my favorite doesn't mean that I have to like every character featured in it.

As for HoTS, yes I do feel that in general it's a bad thing to split a large pool of players like that, but I wasn't planing on buying that since I never play much SC2 anyway these days but that's another matter.

Any other players on PS3?

Since this weeks firmware update everytime I plug in my stick (Madcatz SE) the turbo buttons are all lit up. It's happened both times I've used it - taking it out and back in had no effect, I just mashed the buttons whilst pressing the turbo button and eventually they all went off. :-?

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.

To be honest I thought a proper way to fix that issue was to patch everyone to the current balanced version, but let the guys who don't want to pay for more characters still be able to play against them, that way you wouldn't continue to split the player base further and further with these mini expansion packs.

If you have a problem spending $15 over the course of two years to receive two balance patches and four new characters, I think your expectations are completely unrealistic. The post-SSFIV iterations have been by far the cheapest and most consumer-friendly in the history of the series.

notworksafe

If you have a problem spending $15 over the course of two years to receive two balance patches and four new characters, I think your expectations are completely unrealistic. The post-SSFIV iterations have been by far the cheapest and most consumer-friendly in the history of the series.

B-b-but, It's easier to bitch at how it's Capcom's fault that I'm a cheapass!

rivals

Alpha 2 and it's not even close. I'd probably put CvS2 up there too if I'd ever actually played it, looks like a lot of fun and the kind of game I really want to play.

Balance patches cost money now ? and I'm the one with unrealistic expectations, alrighty then...

and comparing SF4 current model with their 93 model is not valid since the perception of value in videogames as a whole has completely changed, everyone is offering triple the content or more for your dollar than what you got back in those days, unless you can show me a 2d fighter that can be released these days for $50/60 with only 8 characters and 8 stages.

ok let me say this once and for all since I've been hearing this same argument go around for 2 years now and I'm not interested in continuing to go around in a circle. I bought SF4, very happy with it had some good times, bought SSF4 , same story, wasn't too thrilled that they pulled this stunt but whatever I guess I'll let this pass, but then instead of adding the new paid DLC characters to the existing game they go out and separate the AE guys from the SSF4 effectively killing online for Super and I wasn't interested in paying another $15 for a balance patch and 4 characters that I don't care about just to be able to play online again.

If that makes me an unrealistic cheapass capcom hater in the eyes of some so be it I really don't give a shit, all I know is after I saw what happened with SF4 and Marvel 3(a game I'm not interested in playing) I know how&when to buy the next capcom fighter accordingly.

Kioshen

I don't think I have a favourite anymore. I'm just playing 2012 right now.

Same thing for me. I'll play any of the old ones for fun if one of my friends ask me. They all have something to offer that's interesting. I used to have favorites but now I just go with the flow.

jbug617

Banned
My fav game in the series is probably Super SF 4. I felt that game was some what balanced and was not dominated by one character.

My fav fighting game is probably X-Men: COTA. I remember that game so vividly.

nHDR

Banned
So Mr. Pavy is a thief? Hopefully he gets shutdown permanently without a return. Anyway, my favorite fighter ever is definitely ST/HDR. I plan to setup GGPO soon to finally play the Alpha's online!

Top Bottom