• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

So how many of SF GAF are getting that new SFxTekken in March? It looks like a faster, more wacky, more Paul Phoenix-including version of SF4, that doesn't require me doing 1-frame links/plinking/FADC to do combos. I think I might move on that permanently if its as good as I think it is.

Wiseblade

So how many of SF GAF are getting that new SFxTekken in March? It looks like a faster, more wacky, more Paul Phoenix-including version of SF4, that doesn't require me doing 1-frame links/plinking/FADC to do combos. I think I might move on that permanently if its as good as I think it is.

With that roster, Capcom would have to pay me to play that game.

jbug617

Banned

I think the game looks ugly but I will buy it.

jlai

Hey Saty. I'll give you $50 if you say something within the hour.

jO9v1BmGZq3D0.PNG

jbsyQFWd5RZgaZ.PNG

Good Guy Saty?

Imm0rt4l

I don't know, man. I find Zhi's awkwardness way too funny. The video titles/descriptions plus his interview with Jayce de Ace are some of the funniest stuff I've seen in the FGC.

I would agree, but Zhi is one charismatic guy, Mike and Gootecks are two and have really good synergy.

Hex

Banned
ok folks, I am honestly a little confused when reading the srk thread about monitors.

I am choosing between the Evo monitor ASUS VH236H and the Dell S2330MX for Street Fighter and KoF.

Help!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks

SFXT is so fucking good. I love that game so much. lol.

Horseress

People here are really not hype about Sf X Tk...no topics, no OT's

I don't think it will be better than SF IV, or even Marvel and KOF, but it's like no one gives a shit about it! I'll play that for sure, seems really nice to me

>>My Ft5 vs. Mr. SNK on the Pandagon<<

Check the ending for the most fraudulent time scam ever lol
That's hilarious. I wonder what he was thinking to himself when that happened.

I don't think it will be better than SF IV, or even Marvel and KOF, but it's like no one gives a shit about it! I'll play that for sure, seems really nice to me
There are already a couple threads about SFxT on Gaming, but OTs can't be made until a couple weeks prior to the release.

Nyoro SF

I'm really antsy about SFxT. No chains into regular special moves any longer means the game is focused on links once more. Same terrible walkspeed, same extremely high-hitstun jumpins and same awful dashes from SF4.

One thing that bothers me is that when they took out chain cancels to regular special moves is that they're now encouraging you to chain into hard knockdowns, which means.... vortexes. It's the same engine, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's a lot easier to set up things like unblockables.

You can tech roll forward on knockdowns now, so I think it'll be easier to escape say, Ibuki vortexes. I think a lot of the real mix-ups are going to happen with both players standing up, instead of wake-up game shenanigans 24/7.

Nyoro SF

You can tech roll forward on knockdowns now, so I think it'll be easier to escape say, Ibuki vortexes. I think a lot of the real mix-ups are going to happen with both players standing up, instead of wake-up game shenanigans 24/7.

It's possible to do that on hard knockdowns yes? Even so, I am a bit worried about Guile or Dhalsim having the ability to roll away from the corner, one of their very few weaknesses...

Check the gaming forum instead of community. Plenty of SFxTK threads there.

Horseress

Check the gaming forum instead of community. Plenty of SFxTK threads there.

There are a few, I know, but I was expectin more hype from the GAFers, like there was one giantic topic about Ultimate Marvel 3 months before it's release (not an OT, but news about it).

Imm0rt4l

I'm really antsy about SFxT. No chains into regular special moves any longer means the game is focused on links once more. Same terrible walkspeed, same extremely high-hitstun jumpins and same awful dashes from SF4.

One thing that bothers me is that when they took out chain cancels to regular special moves is that they're now encouraging you to chain into hard knockdowns, which means.... vortexes. It's the same engine, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's a lot easier to set up things like unblockables.

I think tech roll destroys vortex. I rember Alioune saying pressure on wakeup with cammy is pretty much gone.

zlatko

Banned
There are a few, I know, but I was expectin more hype from the GAFers, like there was one giantic topic about Ultimate Marvel 3 months before it's release (not an OT, but news about it).

I'd say the negativity came, and still is floating around, due to gems. Even though now we know(and even I felt before they let the cat out of the bag) that gems wouldn't be a big deal at all, there's still people who are pissed about DLC gems, pre order gems, and just pissy over Capcom shenanigans in general. Which to be fair they have the right I feel to be pissy over the pre order exclusive retail ones, but to each his own.

As for SFxT it's my most anticipated fighter after Tekken Tag 2. Rolentooooooo. :D Gonna Mission COMPRETE some fools online.

Its a little harder for the community as a whole to get SUPER HYPE for the game compared to MvC3, because that was a highly requested sequel for 10 years with everyone's favorite Marvel characters and insane visually interesting gameplay. I think its the combination of gems plus the SF4 aesthetic that throws people off. I feel the game will gather more hype once we get closer to release and more previews come out. I'm looking forward to a 0ShinAkuma0 like channel for good players, and 2v2 Mike Ross and Gootecks Excellent Adventures.

Got beat probably 8-10 times by mashed ultras after i dropped combos today. Feels bad man

Also, i agree with Viewtiful above. I'm not sold on SFxT yet, but i do think it looks promising

Horseress

I'm looking forward to a 0ShinAkuma0 like channel for good players, and 2v2 Mike Ross and Gootecks Excellent Adventures.

Yeah, that will be nice. In fact, I will wait for that kind of stuff (pr0 gameplay footage) before actually buy the game! This exchanges overdose in the gameplays so far is not convincing me.

jbug617

Banned
Mr.Pavy youtube channel has been taken down. Jebailey found the 2 guys who reported it (Eightraz and Gene Miller) and Eightraz channel has some CEO stuff on there with ads on it.

Mr.Pavy youtube channel has been taken down. Jebailey found the 2 guys who reported it (Eightraz and Gene Miller) and Eightraz channel has some CEO stuff on there with ads on it.

Jebailey to take down Eightraz for uploading CEO content

Capcom to take down Jebailey for uploading Street Fighter content?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Couldn't handle my footsies could you Corky?

Bison's roundhouse to the face mate.

Roundhouse-tier mate...

Since there is no OT yet, Finger Cramp is going to stream SF X T this weekend. It's a 16 man tournament: Here is the list of people

Chris Hu
Aqua Silk
Henry Cen
Chris G
RayRay
IFC Yipes
Arturo
Min
Nerdjosh
Fighting GM
Blood Hawk
NYC FAB