• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

eissan

Hate to say it, but I just had some problems myself this past weekend at a local tournament I went to. I'm using a Qanba Q4 RAF. Different name from eightarc, but it's practically the same stick. While at the tournament, my stick paused and lost connection 3 times(once against Hitokage in a tournament match lol). And it happened on a Xbox and 2 different PS3's.

The weird thing is that this also happened on another PS3 with 2 other guys playing there tournament match beside us. I was confused because I've never had these issues before. When I got home and used my stick I didn't have any problems as usual. But I just noticed before I went to the tourney that my turbo button doesn't work anymore. Not a big deal but I liked playing around with that sometimes.

I've been calling this my favorite stick, and I also have a VLX and a TE-S. But this really has hurt some of the faith I have in this stick and the makers. It's still fine on my Xbox, but I don't know what will happen the next time I go to a local tournament or maybe even a major.

my qanba has lasted so far and I've punched it a good 5+ times! lol I need ssf4 anger management!
or a class to stop hitting dat dp so I dont get punished afterwards...

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Hate to say it, but I just had some problems myself this past weekend at a local tournament I went to. I'm using a Qanba Q4 RAF. Different name from eightarc, but it's practically the same stick. While at the tournament, my stick paused and lost connection 3 times(once against Hitokage in a tournament match lol). And it happened on a Xbox and 2 different PS3's.
Do you remember which port you were using? I think the first usb port is dying on my system.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
QPWam.gif

It's connection prejudice, not racism :p

But no, that's not the main reason I did that. I've never shipped anything out of the country. I just don't know if it's suppose to be expensive, difficult, or whatever. If it's simple and won't be too expensive then I'm down with including the rest of the Americas.

jlai

Well sorry I can't point you out to a good one, but I'll fill in that place until you do. Are you mainly on PC nowadays? I stopped playing on that one because it AE 2K12 isn't out on that version yet plus my PC crashed and I don't even have it installed. But I'm good on Xbox 360. BTW, what the GAF chat channel again? I don't have the link anymore, I'm guessing it'll be easier to find you on there right?

http://wbe01.mibbit.com/?server=irc.globalgamers.net&channel=#gafranbats

I'm mainly playing on 360 since it has ver.2012. Sometimes I'm too lazy to use the stick so I fire up AE PC and play on the keyboard. Add my GT: jlai. Good stuff with the SFxT giveaway tourney!

Axis

Time to announce my GAF give away. If any of you guys participated in my tourney to give away my PC code for SSF4 AE then you'll have a idea of how I'm doing this again. I'm giving away one copy of Street Fighter x Tekken on either Xbox 360 or PS3 and here are my rules

1. I'll be using the SSF4 AE 2012 Tourney mode. I will set it to 4/7 rounds
2. It will be random select
3. Coaching will be allowed
4. The system will be determined by whichever system gets 8 names first, which is what I did last time.
5. USA only

Q: How do I enter?
A: Just say you want to enter and list which system you're participating in(no you can't enter both)

Q: When is it taking place?
A: I think I'll hold it this Saturday. If that isn't a good time then I'll let the winning group try to decide which date best fits them

Q: What if both systems are short on people?
A: Then the one with the most entrances wins. If they tie, then the one that had more before the tie wins.

Q: Will there be a stream?
A: My only method of streaming is using my web cam, but I'm sure my method will lead to a ass stream. Hopefully Kadey won't mind doing it if she has the time. She has experience and both systems so she could do it if she doesn't mind. If that doesn't work out then the only ones who can watch will be me and up to 8 of the participants.

Q: Why is it random select
A: I want to give everybody a chance at winning. Under normal conditions, I'll almost never beat Saty, Jlai or eva. But this way maybe I could beat those guys because they ended up with someone they don't know while I have my main.

Q: Why is coaching allowed?
A: I want the audience(if there is one) and other players to play a part in the match. Don't know how to do Seth's Ultra, ask and maybe someone will help you. Nobody wants to help you, well maybe they want you out and the other guy to win. Maybe 2 or 3 guys will team up to support each other until they face each other. I don't know, I just like this element to be in there if the players choose to use it.

Q: Can I just have money instead?
A: No, the point is to give away a free copy of SFxT to someone who wants the game. Not money so you can take your girl to a movie and dinner or for any other reason for that matter. But if you go behind my back and sell it, that's cool. At least your putting in some work to get that fight money.

Q: These rules are stupid, your online tournament is ass
A: It's free to enter, I'm giving something away. There is nothing to lose. Not your money and certainly not your reputation. Don't like it, don't enter. Don't like it and enter anyways, well you could win a free copy of SFxT and still think this tournament was ass.

I'm doing this as a way to give the little guy a shot, or else why bother and just say it's between the top tier GAF only, tough luck low tier GAF. Besides that the 4/7 is suppose to give people time to adapt to a character they're not familiar with. And coaching is suppose to help as well because you can't just pause the game to see if Cody's HP tornado is unsafe on block. Good luck to whoever enters.

first post in months just to say...you da man

also, i'm down for 360

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
It's connection prejudice, not racism :p

But no, that's not the main reason I did that. I've never shipped anything out of the country. I just don't know if it's suppose to be expensive, difficult, or whatever. If it's simple and won't be too expensive then I'm down with including the rest of the Americas.
It's actually not too difficult if you get it set up at a post office or a UPS store or something.

Never ship to Australia, though.

I checked some rates at UPS using the calculate time and cost feature, and the results for outside of the US cost more than the game itself. Sorry non-USA GAF, it's just not feasible. And that goes for Hawaii GAF as well. Sorry but unless I'm mistaken, for the cost of shipping to one member of GAF outside of mainland USA, I could buy 2 copies and send it to 2 different winners within mainland USA for less money. Unless you guys can show me a much cheaper method, I have to keep it US only for now.

I checked some rates at UPS using the calculate time and cost feature, and the results for outside of the US cost more than the game itself. Sorry non-USA GAF, it's just not feasible. And that goes for Hawaii GAF as well. Sorry but unless I'm mistaken, for the cost of shipping to one member of GAF outside of mainland USA, I could buy 2 copies and send it to 2 different winners within mainland USA for less money. Unless you guys can show me a much cheaper method, I have to keep it US only for now.

I was afraid of that. USPS is definitely cheaper but not sure if you used their services before.

I would probably stay out regardless. Haven't played Ae on Ps3 that much.

jlai

What about just ordering it on Amazon and shipping it directly to the winner from there? Free shipping or 99 cent release date delivery (For US of course).

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Down with 360, why not. If shipping to PR is more expensive (shouldn't be with USPS... UPS/Fedex is vastly more expensive) ill pay for it. I am just down for the fun and competition. Now watch Saty get Sim

Wiseblade

Fuerte's backdash has the shortest range (Excluding dry Hakan) and least invincibility of all. The only saving grave is that it's the fastest.

Ok, after doing a bit more research I've found that shipping through UPSP or maybe even directly shipping to the address from Amazon would not break the bank so I'm ok with including all of North and South America, including our brethren in Hawaii. But since I said no before and other replied wanting to join but couldn't, I'm going to restart the sign up.

SO FROM THIS POST FORWARD. If you want to join, just say so and mention which system you're in for. Sorry for those who already entered earlier, but you'll have to do it again. Oh and why the hell not, I'll do a give away for both systems. So I'm throwing away the one system give away, I'll give away 1 copy each to the PS3 and 360 winner. My only condition is that both must reach 8 participants. That shouldn't be hard, but if it somehow is, just notify other GAF SF4 players and get them to sign up. So good luck again to all who enter.

Ok, after doing a bit more research I've found that shipping through UPSP or maybe even directly shipping to the address from Amazon would not break the bank so I'm ok with including all of North and South America, including our brethren in Hawaii. But since I said no before and other replied wanting to join but couldn't, I'm going to restart the sign up.

SO FROM THIS POST FORWARD. If you want to join, just say so and mention which system you're in for. Sorry for those who already entered earlier, but you'll have to do it again. Oh and why the hell not, I'll do a give away for both systems. So I'm throwing away the one system give away, I'll give away 1 copy each to the PS3 and 360 winner. My only condition is that both must reach 8 participants. That shouldn't be hard, but if it somehow is, just notify other GAF SF4 players and get them to sign up. So good luck again to all who enter.

Again, I'm announcing myself for Team Chad Warden, Dat Triple.

Top Bottom