• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

jbug617

Banned
Capcom is embracing esports.

SF X T will be at IPL SXSW event and Jedi Robb said they have more news concerning Capcom games later on.

I guess Capcom just doesn't want to mess with MLG.

OverheadBV is your new replay god now

XnoYS.gif

Here's a link to mah page Airan:

http://www.youtube.com/XblackvegetaX

SF X T will be at IPL SXSW event and Jedi Robb said they have more news concerning Capcom games later on.

So the whole time, Capcom's "doesn't want to mess with the grassroots" stance was bullshit and it was just anti-mlg?

Edit: Either way, it's another major to spectate. I'm happy at least.

jbug617

Banned
So the whole time, Capcom's "doesn't want to mess with the grassroots" stance was bullshit and it was just anti-mlg?

IPL will have less events than MLG and my guess, not all of Capcom games will be there at one time. One event will be Marvel and another will have AE2012. MLG has a couple of events right now that fall on the same dates as other tourneys (NCR, ECT and Summer Jam). IPL has IGN (heavily visited gaming site) and Jedi Robb (who does run a fighting game tournament).

nHDR

Banned
Since we're linking Youtube:

www.youtube.com/NorieagaHDR

Please check me out, 'been posting my M. Bison matches. I think I got some solid play going on! Also check me out if you want some high level HDR matches (features my matches against top players).

carlos

Updated list: Remember, only the first 8 sign ups for Xbox 360 and PS3 will qualify. Anybody after the first 8 won't be able to enter unless someone within the top 8 withdraws

PS3
1. Professor Beef
2. Immortal
3. Narcosis19
4. Morro
5. kevo_huevo
7. cloudious
8. ?

Xbox 360
1. Vexco
2. Jlai
3. GunbladeV
4. Eissan
5. black vegeta
6. bizazedo(although he did offer to drop out, you're in for now but I'll await your final answer)
7. kyored
8. goldlion054

Xbox 360 side if full. Only room for 1 more person on the PS3 side.

BTW, I played jlai in casuals yesterday. After 4 or 5 games of Makoto, he used random select and still bodied my secondary characters. Yeah I know my secondaries are ass, but I just wanted to put that out there for you 360 guys.

crud, I'm going to have to withdraw, just realized that my main PS3 has the AE dlc, but the one I use on the weekends doesn't have it installed (and I have no extra activations).

good luck to everyone

IPL run a fantastic show so I'm looking forward to it, still not sold on SFxTK.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Like I said. This weekend has two major tournaments going on so the best time to do this would be late tonight. Otherwise, it would be next week.

Like I said. This weekend has two major tournaments going on so the best time to do this would be late tonight. Otherwise, it would be next week.

Yeah that's true, it was just a tentative date that I threw out there.

As for the PS3 side. Carlos is out, log ride and Rickenslayer is in. Final list is this

PS3
1. Professor Beef
2. Immortal
3. Narcosis19
4. Morro
5. kevo_huevo
6. cloudious
7. log ride
8. Rickenslayer

Xbox 360
1. Vexco
2. Jlai
3. GunbladeV
4. Eissan
5. black vegeta
6. bizazedo(Vice gets this spot if bizazedo drops out)
7. kyored
8. goldlion054

Apologies to Vice, K. Sabot and anyone else who signed up the first time around. If you didn't see it, I restarted the sign up to include North Americans outside of mainland USA. Again, sorry that had to happen.

Now I only have 2 questions left? Will Kadey be willing to stream this and what day is good for everybody? I work 4 days a week and am off on Monday, Tuesday, and Saturday. As the guy who set this up and is giving away the prizes, naturally I would like to be there to witness it live. So hopefully you guys can work with me and settle on one of my days off. SFxT won't be out for another 19 days so there is no need to rush but try to settle on a date within the next 2 weeks at least guys. And Kadey, I think everybody would love it if you could stream it. Not only would be it fun for the 360 and PS3 guys to be able to watch each others tournament. But since it's a random select tourney and allows for coaching, the audience can actually play a role in the games and try to help out the players if they're very unfamiliar with the character they end up with. So I really hope you can be apart of this as well.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Only time I can do it is late tonight this week.

You should have all rules ready, name of tourney and maybe even a thread on the gaming side to get more of gaf to watch.

I'm going to run a 6 hours Marvel tourney for each system later on and I plan on doing the same.

I wasn't planning on doing it this week, because a few guys have problems with it. I was wanting the group to try and decide on a day first, hopefully taking place some day in the coming week.

Rules, I think that's taken care of. Name, I don't have one but I guess it could be fun to come up with something. Thread in the Gaming side, I didn't think they would care for a small GAF tourney but I could that as well and hopefully some people will watch it. Thanks for the suggestions. Hopefully you will be available some time in the coming week(or possibly the week after) which is when it should happen.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
I played a very long endless battle with this random beginner on SSF4 PC. He accidentally had a mic on and was so funny talking to himself so I started recording.

He falls victim to the Balrog "infinite". Also, Rog's turnaround punch instant KO might as well be alien tech to him. Very good sport though, kept rematching and trying his best

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvzLw1jv6Ko

cackhyena

Jesus, dude. I would have tried to help the guy a little after...I dunno, maybe 20 wins? Kinda shocked he takes a bruisin for that long. Pretty funny, though.

I played a very long endless battle with this random beginner on SSF4 PC. He accidentally had a mic on and was so funny talking to himself so I started recording.

He falls victim to the Balrog "infinite". Also, Rog's turnaround punch instant KO might as well be alien tech to him. Very good sport though, kept rematching and trying his best

His voice reminds me of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

lol, getting DSP flashbacks

oooh myyyy gaaaawwdd

Top Bottom