• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Why do you people play in Ranked?

No matter how much you tell yourself numbers don't mean shit, they do matter somewhere deep inside your mind. Ditch Ranked and get on dat Endless!

Well I wanted to play Ranked with Yun mainly so I could face a multitude of characters instead of someones pocket Abel or Chun all the time. I really wanted to get decent with him so I needed to learn match ups. It hasn't been as great as I wanted it to be.

My record with Yun so far, 359 total fights, 167 wins and 182 losses for a win percentage of 46.52 ;_;. My main Evil Ryu has a 64.9 win percentage so that's telling you how big of a difference the experience is when I play him.

I'm always down for endless when you guys are around though.

I must admit this thread has picked up a lot of steam over the past week. I don't know how long we can keep it up, but lets keep it going as long as possible. I'm going to Final Round so I'm trying to stay sharp. I'll be competing with Evil Ryu, but will mainly play Yun during our casuals because it's really refreshing playing a completely different character and has made me start playing a lot more altogether. So I look forward to more casuals guys.

But it makes me wonder just how good AE Yun was because I'm struggling so much with 2012 Yun. Would I still be ass or would I be getting easy wins because I'm one of those cheap asses who ran to a top tier if this was still AE? I always planned on buying a copy of AE at retail and just never update it. It'd be funny if someone came over to play and didn't realize the changes so I could take advantage of the situation.

Onemic

I must admit this thread has picked up a lot of steam over the past week. I don't know how long we can keep it up, but lets keep it going as long as possible. I'm going to Final Round so I'm trying to stay sharp. I'll be competing with Evil Ryu, but will mainly play Yun during our casuals because it's really refreshing playing a completely different character and has made me start playing a lot more altogether. So I look forward to more casuals guys.

But it makes me wonder just how good AE Yun was because I'm struggling so much with 2012 Yun. Would I still be ass or would I be getting easy wins because I'm one of those cheap asses who ran to a top tier if this was still AE? I always planned on buying a copy of AE at retail and just never update it. It'd be funny if someone came over to play and didn't realize the changes so I could take advantage of the situation.

From what I heard AE Yuns Divekicks were crazy overpowered so you could whiff a ton of them and not be punished, and you didn't have to hit as low on the body to be in frame advantage. So pretty much a scrubby Yun could go in and pressure someone like crazy.(ie me)

From what I heard AE Yuns Divekicks were crazy overpowered so you could whiff a ton of them and not be punished, and you didn't have to hit as low on the body to be in frame advantage. So pretty much a scrubby Yun could go in and pressure someone like crazy.(ie me)

I know the changes including the frame data. You just think that a little change here and there and all of a sudden a character so many people hated and feared could become "fair". Kind of like how Sagat went from Vanilla to Super. I thought "he's still Sagat, he'll still be really good". Then reality hit when Super came and he dropped off quite a bit. Same thing pretty much happened to Yun. I remember really hating Yun because my friend decided to pick up the twins and boy did he frustrate me with the things he did with Yun.

I think most of the changes were fair, but their are two changes from AE to 2012 that I'd like changed. Keep the new height restriction but go back to the old hit stun/recovery numbers from AE when he had 4 frames of recovery. The other thing is allow EX shoulder to be fully projectile invincible from the beginning. You practically have to get the move out as your opponent is throwing a fireball or it won't work. With my shitty reactions, I can't punish fireballs at all because I'm always doing it too late. With those two changes, he would be just right IMO.

MIMIC

Banned
Played a Grand Master last night and got my ass kicked
V3HoDWh.gif

It was a fucking Yun tho....so it didn't mean as much =p I was laughing all through the match because I knew what I was up against =p

Roche

I think I'm starting to get semi-alright at this game, I'm now rated D+ and I don't loose EVERY game like I used too, just like 1 in 3 or so. I've settled on using Ibuki as my main because I'm a pretty big fan of her move set.

It's very satisfying when you feel as though you're actually making progress towards getting better at this game. Despite loosing a whole lot I never feel helpless because there's always something to work on.

Right now I've just got to work on not loosing my head when an opponent gets some momentum or when things get close.

Onemic

I think I'm starting to get semi-alright at this game, I'm now rated D+ and I don't loose EVERY game like I used too, just like 1 in 3 or so. I've settled on using Ibuki as my main because I'm a pretty big fan of her move set.

It's very satisfying when you feel as though you're actually making progress towards getting better at this game. Despite loosing a whole lot I never feel helpless because there's always something to work on.

Right now I've just got to work on not loosing my head when an opponent gets some momentum or when things get close.

You only lose 1 in 3? that's a 66% win rate! That's not semi alright, that's damn good.

Roche

You only lose 1 in 3? that's a 66% win rate! That's not semi alright, that's damn good.

Only when I'm fighting same-skill opponents, against anyone even slightly better than me it's an insta loss and usually a rather embarrassing one at that.

But that's all in the game, you've got to loose a lot to eventually win some. (or so I hope)

Onemic

Kioshen, you're not really a sub 1000 pp'r are you? Because you play nothing like one. Except that you jump a lot and never get punished for it :<

Kioshen

Oh man I really should warm up before hopping on in lobbies. I got bopped hard by missing inputs and trying to remember the timings as I played. GGs Black_Vegeta !

Kioshen, you're not really a sub 1000 pp'r are you? Because you play nothing like one. Except that you jump a lot and never get punished for it :<

I think I hover around 1500pp with Ryu for now. My execution still sucks, AA still needs work and yes I do jump too much. I did work on my footsies and fireball game however so that's maybe why you got that impression.

Kioshen

ggs

Why in the hell does your PC have an "E" rating?

I really don't know. I've done the benchmark and didn't change the settings but when I joined the lobby I was marked as E for some reason. I easily have an A rating when i do it so I dunno lob that into the pile "Capcom can't do a proper PC this gen".

BHK3

Banned
Been a couple months since I played AE, man I forgot how easy and FUN Oni is. Though I'm still trash at mindgames with my fireball ultra, like they are right in front of me, I throw the ultra but into the air hoping they will jump into it, it's around a 10% success rate ;(

cackhyena

Will someone message me when the PC version is reasonably cheap? Missing all the gaf action nowadays just playing on 360. Download version, I mean.

Isn't professor beef like the only one left that plays out PS3? I'd play you but I let my brother borrow my PS3.

i haven't seen him on in a while.

usually it's him, me and log ride on psn whenever we can get a lobby going, but even then the three of us haven't collectively played this game in a while.

usually it's him, me and log ride on psn whenever we can get a lobby going, but even then the three of us haven't collectively played this game in a while.

Had to move PS3 into bedroom onto large, laggy ass TV. Too lazy to move it back into game room. First world problems.

Isn't professor beef like the only one left that plays out PS3? I'd play you but I let my brother borrow my PS3.

Reveangance took all my time.

DEAD-ON

BULLSEYE

That being said, I can still make time to body Q today. Shoot me a GAF PM.

Had to move PS3 into bedroom onto large, laggy ass TV. Too lazy to move it back into game room. First world problems.
hah i was wondering what happened, i haven't seen you online in what seems like months.

Reveangance took all my time.

DEAD-ON

BULLSEYE

That being said, I can still make time to body Q today. Shoot me a GAF PM.

yeah, i've been going in pretty hard with black ops 2 lately.
i'll try to play tonight if you're making a lobby. no hawk vs honda though. we can show q how good we are with the rest of the cast lol

Top Bottom