• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

dammit i need someone to grind my blanka on. i keep getting kicked from Endless after 2-3 wins or ranked people win once after i beat them and then wont play me again

*i'm a cheap ass mofo maybe*

emelianKO91:

"rematch, anyone can play Blanka"

*sigh*

i'm just going to have to keep blanka out of Ranked. So Much Salt. Seth players don't get all this beef.

OceanBlue

emelianKO91:

"rematch, anyone can play Blanka"

*sigh*

i'm just going to have to keep blanka out of Ranked. So Much Salt. Seth players don't get all this beef.

Blanka abuses all of my worst habits, especially my habit of standing and shuffling around outside of normal footsies range. It's sad. :(

Yo fuck this son. Screw all this salt. That's it, the gates of Babylon are Open. SF2 Blanka electric storm spam is coming! I'm changing setting to More Skilled and bringing down all these e-bitches down a notch.

WAKEUP ULTRAS AND EVERYTHING@

blanka_movie.jpg

It's on!

Onemic

What time you guys gonna be on? I'll try to sign in.

Im on right now, don't know about the rest.(Just had a failed KOF session, with some gaffers. that netcode man....)

And speaking of Blanka. How do you block his ultras?(both of them) In all my time playing this game I've never been able to block or avoid his stupid ultra. Pretty much if you ultra me with Blanka it's guaranteed damage.

OceanBlue

Im on right now, don't know about the rest.(Just had a failed KOF session, with some gaffers. that netcode man....)

And speaking of Blanka. How do you block his ultras?(both of them) In all my time playing this game I've never been able to block or avoid his stupid ultra. Pretty much if you ultra me with Blanka it's guaranteed damage.

You block electric ball high, then low. You block lightning from the sky low.

If you ever have questions like "which way do I block" or "is this punishable", it helps to look at move properties on the wiki. Here's Blanka's. If you notice, U1 says "high, low, high/low" and U2 says "low".

I'd play but I'm too tired. I got sick over the weekend and I feel like shit. :(

MIMIC

Banned
I browse gaf in between matches and check up on counter picks.

ew

EDIT: I know people hate playing Fuerte but playing against T. Hawk is the most annoying shit ever (even if you play a good one). Dropping a combo is HELLA expensive and you spend the whole matching playing hit and run (with a few sneaky wake-up shenanigans). And the matches ALWAYS take forever with the counter being in the teens :-/ Ain't nobody got time for that!

I'm down for weekend PC lobbies. Would be nice to get more than 4-5 people.

Fuck that, more than 4 people IMO is unbearable. A full 8 man lobby usually means 25-30 minute waits inbetween your matches if you keep losing. I can only do that when doing real life casuals with friends since we're all in a room chit chatting. But when it comes to me playing endless, 4 is my limit although I would make a exception for GAF rooms. It's just that my mentality may not be what I want it to be. If I start losing my patience over the long wait, I'm going to want to keep playing serious to try and win because I don't want to sit through another 7 guys again.

ew

EDIT: I know people hate playing Fuerte but playing against T. Hawk is the most annoying shit ever (even if you play a good one). Dropping a combo is HELLA expensive and you spend the whole matching playing hit and run (with a few sneaky wake-up shenanigans). And the matches ALWAYS take forever with the counter being in the teens :-/ Ain't nobody got time for that!

As a T.Hawk main...go to hell.

LakeEarth

Fuck that, more than 4 people IMO is unbearable. A full 8 man lobby usually means 25-30 minute waits inbetween your matches if you keep losing. I can only do that when doing real life casuals with friends since we're all in a room chit chatting. But when it comes to me playing endless, 4 is my limit although I would make a exception for GAF rooms. It's just that my mentality may not be what I want it to be. If I start losing my patience over the long wait, I'm going to want to keep playing serious to try and win because I don't want to sit through another 7 guys again.

Agreed. Four people max on any lobby.

OceanBlue

ew

Grappler matches are my favorite aside from shoto mirrors. I feel like a boring person, lol.

Roche

Went on a massive loosing streak today, it's very frustrating I'm loosing confidence in my ability to play as Ibuki. Got a lot of problems blocking the little jab attacks and the sweeping leg moves combined which all adds up to eventual defeat.

This game man, this game.

Fair enough. See you in ranked. I need to get that E.Ryu experience :eek:

Roche

Had a good day playing this game today, refreshing after last time I played. Won a few matched and ranked up to "C" so I'm feeling pretty good about that.

Also played through Arcade mode on the Hardest difficulty and beat it, nice achievement though I'm not sure if the skills I earned there carry over too well to actual player matches. In fact I've learned some habits fighting AI that I'll probably have to unlearn.

Had a good day playing this game today, refreshing after last time I played. Won a few matched and ranked up to "C" so I'm feeling pretty good about that.

Also played through Arcade mode on the Hardest difficulty and beat it, nice achievement though I'm not sure if the skills I earned there carry over too well to actual player matches. In fact I've learned some habits fighting AI that I'll probably have to unlearn.

Beating the CPU doesn't help you at all with real life players. For example when you played Seth on the hardest difficulty, you may realize that their are certain things you can never do against him just because the game won't allow it. If you ever try to throw him, the CPU will immediately recognize that and input SPD to beat your throw. If Seth teleports near you and you jump, the CPU will immediately recognize that and SRK your jump. And it does it with 100% consistency. No way can real players do that or will they fall into a pattern that they won't stray away from like the CPU does.

Roche

Beating the CPU doesn't help you at all with real life players. For example when you played Seth on the hardest difficulty, you may realize that their are certain things you can never do against him just because the game won't allow it. If you ever try to throw him, the CPU will immediately recognize that and input SPD to beat your throw. If Seth teleports near you and you jump, the CPU will immediately recognize that and SRK your jump. And it does it with 100% consistency. No way can real players do that or will they fall into a pattern that they won't stray away from like the CPU does.

Yeah that seemed to be the way of it, I've also found a few ways to just manipulate the CPU into doing what I like so I can usually beat 'em fairly handily. Except for Seth the bastard.

But it was handy to get used to using some combos and stuff. Online is such different beast, you can never tell what your opponent will do next and just when you think you have an idea they change up. I've got a vague idea of the kind of strategies people use with various characters and I suppose knowing your opponent as you know yourself is all a part of getting better.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Finally got my new GPU working. :)

Still need to buy something to get my second monitor working again.

Oh. CPU is nothing. CPU is free to Lariat. I double perfected Shin Akuma just by spamming lariat one time on hardest difficulty. This is also the easiest way to unlock all characters in the original SFIV.

LakeEarth

Yeah that seemed to be the way of it, I've also found a few ways to just manipulate the CPU into doing what I like so I can usually beat 'em fairly handily. Except for Seth the bastard.

Be defensive against Seth. Learn to recognize his teleport and start swinging immediately, free punish. When he's doing block strings, he will eventually do the spin kick that is a free punish (at worst, you'll get SPDed). You can jump in, but make sure you space it so the SRK won't hit, but you'll be able to smack him if he does the long arm move (which he does a lot). You can also bait his ultra by whiffing jabs. He'll try to punish it with his ultra (button-reading AI), but both of his ultras have long startup so you'll be fine.

He's quick and crazy, but he leaves himself wide open.

AlexM

3 months of training with Makoto has finally paid off. She's one of my best characters now. Once you get good with her she's super fun.

Her standing mp priority is so awesome.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
DVI cable?

Had to update my BIOS. Now I need an HDMI to DVI cable since the 360 HDMI cable doesn't work and the GPU only has one of each instead of two like my old GPU. I might actually jump to a triple monitor setup but It seems like overkill and I won't have room to put anything else on the desk.

jlai

Yeah, I felt like you were testing me. And I was like "I don't know it yet man, so I'll just do st. strong into shoulder instead since it comes out anyways".

Yeah, I was getting away with too many backdashes. Yun's OS lunge punch is one of the easier ones to execute and a goes into great setups: hit-confirm if it connects into whatever combo, safe block string, or go directly into ex command grab. Knocks them out of focus backdash too I think. Always hilarious seeing it in action against a Sim that really wants to get away. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9H3aG5kBCxE#t=422s

And then after that you move on to OS ultras!

Yeah, I was getting away with too many backdashes. Yun's OS lunge punch is one of the easier ones to execute and a goes into great setups: hit-confirm if it connects into whatever combo, safe block string, or go directly into ex command grab. Knocks them out of focus backdash too I think. Always hilarious seeing it in action against a Sim that really wants to get away. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9H3aG5kBCxE#t=422s
And then after that you move on to OS ultras!

:( :( :( :(

Top Bottom