• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

notworksafe

Speaking of FT5's I heard BV beat you in one

:)

epBaITY.gif

Onemic

Think I've finally settled on Yun being my main. His playstyle definitely gels with me the most out of Akuma and Makoto and I've never gotten to 1000pp ever, except with him.(now at 1300pp with him as a main) Highest I've ever gotten with Akuma or Makoto is about 500pp.

Think I've finally settled on Yun being my main. His playstyle definitely gels with me the most out of Akuma and Makoto and I've never gotten to 1000pp ever, except with him.(now at 1300pp with him as a main) Highest I've ever gotten with Akuma or Makoto is about 500pp.

I think you have a solid Yun. I just think you need to work on your anti airs and not be so defensive. The reason why I did so many early jumping attacks is because I noticed you were constantly jumping away or trying to air to air me instead of anti airing me with upkicks. So I constantly did this to give you the chance to work on your anti airs but I think you only up kicked me a few times. Anyways, Yun is a rush down character, work on your knockdown pressure because that's one of his specialties.

Onemic

I think you have a solid Yun. I just think you need to work on your anti airs and not be so defensive. The reason why I did so many early jumping attacks is because I noticed you were constantly jumping away or trying to air to air me instead of anti airing me with upkicks. So I constantly did this to give you the chance to work on your anti airs but I think you only up kicked me a few times. Anyways, Yun is a rush down character, work on your knockdown pressure because that's one of his specialties.

My AA is terrible in general. I still don't know how you get the reactions that you guys and tourney players do with AA SRK. By the time I realize I need to AA the opponent is either already on the ground or too far in with their jumpin that any attempt to AA will be met with me taking a hit form their jump attack.

Also, as a Yun player,(and I guess this extends to any character that doesnt have a fireball) how do you beat Ken/Ryu players that play 100% lame? Im still completely free towards those types of players as they just play keepaway by doing fireballs, jump backs, AA jump forward RH/hurricane kicks and if I get any type of pressure they just mash fierce shoryuken all day. If I don't play their game I lose due to chip and if I try to go in I just get hit by everything. If I try to bait them into doing something by neutral jumping I just get hit by a jump forward RH.

Venfayth

My AA is terrible in general. I still don't know how you get the reactions that you guys and tourney players do with AA SRK. By the time I realize I need to AA the opponent is either already on the ground or too far in with their jumpin that any attempt to AA will be met with me taking a hit form their jump attack.

For me personally, if I want to train a skill (such as anti airing, punishing certain things, or just any general skill that requires reaction times) I have to lose games while focusing on just doing that one thing. Go in to a game with a goal of anti airing EVERYTHING. It's ok if you lose. You just want to DP every jumpin they do. The more you do this, the easier it will be to DP on reaction when you're not focusing on it.

Also, as a Yun player,(and I guess this extends to any character that doesnt have a fireball) how do you beat Ken/Ryu players that play 100% lame? Im still completely free towards those types of players as they just play keepaway by doing fireballs, jump backs, AA jump forward RH/hurricane kicks

Walk forward. Literally. Just walk forward forever. Fireballs and normals are they only thing that can stop you from walking forward. Eventually they're going to give you an opening. If they never stop fireballing then you get to jump in. This is a decision you and them make. If they keep you out forever, it's because you chose wrong forever.

and if I get any type of pressure they just mash fierce shoryuken all day. If I don't play their game I lose due to chip and if I try to go in I just get hit by everything. If I try to bait them into doing something by neutral jumping I just get hit by a jump forward RH.

This is an attitude that will literally ruin your gameplay. Players are not computers, they don't have 1 frame reactions. They have ~16 frame reactions. If they mash fierce shoryuken in your block strings, then put holes where you block in your block strings. If they only throw fireballs, jump. If they always bait your jump, don't jump, walk forward instead. Furthermore, don't be afraid of every player for doing these things.

If you play a ryu who mashes dp every time he's in block/hitstun, teach him why he can't do that. If you play a different ryu the next round, DO NOT treat him the same as the previous ryu. They're different players with different tendencies. Do not be afraid of random DPs, do not be afraid to walk forward, and do not be afraid to pressure someone.

Fighting games, SF4 especially, is a lot like rock/paper/scissors in many intersections of gameplay. There is not always a right answer. People can perfect you because they guessed right every time, but that isn't usually the case. Don't treat everyone as if they're mind readers. Take some risks and don't be deterred if you guess wrong.

Guessing wrong is ok as long as you're actually thinking about what you're doing. The worst thing to do is to always have the same reaction in the same situation (after your level 2 focus is blocked, you dash forward, and then throw) because that means it's not a decision, it's a habit. Skilled players will pick up on your habits instantly and kill you with them.

Kioshen

You and me both T_T. GGs looks like I'll be able to sneak a couple of matches during lunch hour :D.

OceanBlue

I need to set aside more time to play. I'm going to be the only one left in the scrub circle soon! Do you guys just invite each other to play when you see each other online?

stn

Fireballs are not that great in this game. Why do people always have issues getting in? This isn't SF2. Walk forward, neutral jump, focus, use character-specific attacks - there are actually too many options for getting in. Hell, even diagonal jumping is ridiculously good in this game. Covers long distances and avoids fireballs easily.

If I ever have a problem its more getting out of pressure than getting into it.

Fireballs are not that great in this game. Why do people always have issues getting in? This isn't SF2. Walk forward, neutral jump, focus, use character-specific attacks - there are actually too many options for getting in. Hell, even diagonal jumping is ridiculously good in this game. Covers long distances and avoids fireballs easily.
What if Ryu DPs you when you jump over the fireball?

GAME OVER

xCobalt

Fireballs alone aren't what makes it hard to get in. Characters that can play keepaway tend to have good anti airs. As a gouken player, his low recovery on fireballs can make it difficult for people to get in. Opponents can't really walk and block or focus dash to get in since Gouken can push them out easily. Diagonal jumps from afar aren't that safe either because Gouken can dash in and ex tatsu or do diagonal fireballs. Some characters can slide forward and get underneath fireballs but if they do it too preemptively, I can charge the fireball slightly and hit them during the recovery.

Characters who do get in often have an ex fireball, dive kick or a quick, invincible move to get past fireballs.

That depends on how the fireball game is played. With Sagat, I at least have the option to kara fireball and kara uppahcut jumpins. Even when ex-low tigershots, I can srk at the last minute since recovery is a little faster than normal.

I can even st.rh jump-ins if spaced probably, which I need to use more of...

stn

There are so many deadzones where you can jump in, get closer to your opponent, and avoid the fireball at the same time. Not to mention the classic shoto fireball-sweep pattern doesn't work in SF4 at all.

I'm not saying its impossible to play keep-out, but anyone having problems getting in would just die in SF2. I've never felt overwhelmed by a zoner, I tend to be overwhelmed by the guessing-game mix-up characters who pressure me to no end. The only exception is Dhalsim, he can be annoying.

The only zoner that I felt overwhelmed me throughout SF4 was only Vanilla Sagat. You eat a lot of chip trying inch forward without jumping because jumping meant 170 damage through Tiger Uppercut. Funny thing is that if you anti air'd you prefer being beaten clean rather than trading because that tacks on another 140 lol. Then when you got close enough you had to deal with st. HK doing 150 damage or just the tip of it doing 110 I think. And well spaced light TK did 90 damage and sent you flying away. Man that guy was a pain in the ass to fight.

The only zoner that I felt overwhelmed me throughout SF4 was only Vanilla Sagat. You eat a lot of chip trying inch forward without jumping because jumping meant 170 damage through Tiger Uppercut. Funny thing is that if you anti air'd you prefer being beaten clean rather than trading because that tacks on another 140 lol. Then when you got close enough you had to deal with st. HK doing 150 damage or just the tip of it doing 110 I think. And well spaced light TK did 90 damage and sent you flying away. Man that guy was a pain in the ass to fight.

*Awaits for Jlai vanilla Akuma reply...*

jlai

dem akuma roundhouse loops :B

don't forget about far cancelable s.lk xx tiger knee or fireball. lets play vanilla PC again!

played on PC, so you can't send any :(

that is stupid.

i gets mad ragemail for being a "turtling bitch honda." feels good.

damnit, i thought i saved my upload to imgur but i must've deleted it...but i got ragemail from a guy who literally wanted to fight me in a street fight.

MrDaravon

Who wants to play?

I'd get on 360, but I am super bad, as in I don't even know moves for most of the characters lol. I might watch if you get a lobby up though.

that is stupid.

damnit, i thought i saved my upload to imgur but i must've deleted it...but i got ragemail from a guy who literally wanted to fight me in a street fight.

Bwhahaha. I like how I'm total shit at the game and almost always lose, but people send me hatemail claiming that I'm a turtler with Chunli (which I'm actually not, but whatever) or that I spam projectiles with Ken, when I threw like 3 fireballs the entire match. I think at one point someone told me they were going to "wear my skin like a face mask". People have weird issues online.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I just don't care about the 360 anymore. PSN GAF is more lively when it comes to all the fighters. Not too thrilled about the next Xbox either.

MrDaravon

I just don't care about the 360 anymore. PSN GAF is more lively when it comes to all the fighters. Not too thrilled about the next Xbox either.

Yeah, I'm 360 because there's where I have my pad and all of my friends, but Sony is definitely looking more appealing nextgen right now.

weirdest message I ever got was one guy asking where I lived and stuff. I thought he was trying to be friends. And then one night he just asked, if you want a boyfriend I can always come by and visit. I'm like, wut?

Onemic

I'd get on 360, but I am super bad, as in I don't even know moves for most of the characters lol. I might watch if you get a lobby up though.

Bwhahaha. I like how I'm total shit at the game and almost always lose, but people send me hatemail claiming that I'm a turtler with Chunli (which I'm actually not, but whatever) or that I spam projectiles with Ken, when I threw like 3 fireballs the entire match. I think at one point someone told me they were going to "wear my skin like a face mask". People have weird issues online.

on PSN I always got hate mail because I lost, rather than people being salty that I won

that is stupid.

I lol when I get people throwing my E Honda. Seriously E Honda? Chun Li and Juri..ugh can't beat them with my Honda.

I also saw fights outside the arcade just for throwing a character in the SF 2 series. lol

Onemic

Ignoring dat godtier Venfrayth advice and then respond to rage quit and Kadey related post.
0371e5dc47ae833b1921b4ce79287e5f.jpeg

Nope, I read it, but the rage quit post forced me to reply to that first. :p Already been trying some of Ven's suggestions and they've been working pretty well.

And what's the context behind that pic?

Top Bottom