• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Onemic

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";54859869]Over/under on new characters in the patch?[/QUOTE]

Add Sean

And Elena

That is all.

...And maybe Sodom

Q would be the first character in AE that I actually focused on in a previous SF game. 3s was my main competitive 2d fighting game, and Q was my best character. I like Twelve more, but man he sucks.

I hated vanilla SF4 because I wasn't really a SF2 player, and I played Ibuki and Dudley in Super because they were the only 3s characters I liked. I dropped Ibuki because Dudley's combos looked closest to 3s, but I never actually played Dudley seriously in SF3. Q, Twelve, a little Remy.

AutumnAve

Onem1c, threi thanks for the games! I'm finally starting on my online class work, thats due 10 am tomorrow. Threi, that was pretty impressive. I only took one game off you. Out of, like 30? 35?

I really doubt we'll see new characters. If we did Urien is the one I want to see the most. I want a Ultra Aegis reflector and a Super Aegis reflector so he can do dual Aegis like he did back in 3S lol. But besides balancing, I really do hope they make some major system changes to really change things ups.

Threi

notag
why must you spread lies

And AutumnAve its the same thing i say; i dont see a skill gap, just a game knowledge gap. All yall need is some grinding sessions and yall will be perfecting me in no time :)

why must you spread lies

And AutumnAve its the same thing i say; i dont see a skill gap, just a game knowledge gap. All yall need is some grinding sessions and yall will be perfecting me in no time :)

We should play some threi. DJ is one of the characters Evil Ryu can tatsu sweep. And I'm going to need to practice that for the eventual buff to his sweep in AE 2013, yeah boi.

Beckx

Been playing around with Oni lately. (Hey, at least I can blame all my losses on his matchups.)

More I-suck-at-execution questions: at first I had no issues canceling s.hp into his stomp, but then it became really inconsistent. What am I missing?

I'm terrible but my execution is way worse on PS3 than 360. Starting to suspect that using the Mayflash adapter to use my 360 sticks on the PS3 is part of the problem. Often times it's still reading my character as moving forwards or backwards even though stick is in neutral (tried on two sticks, same behavior). I guess I shouldn't be surprised at a $15 converter not doing the work of a $60 PCB. It still works great for pad games (no problems using my MadCatz MLG pad in Rising) but it's not a solution for fighting sticks anymore. My kraylix can't arrive too soon now...got 2 PS360+ PCBs and all the other gear I need to finish it just sitting waiting.

Onemic

Any estimate of when the patch is actually going to come out??

Im thinking this fall, November-December probably.

2013 for pc is supposed to be available already.

wut

Been playing around with Oni lately. (Hey, at least I can blame all my losses on his matchups.)

More I-suck-at-execution questions: at first I had no issues canceling s.hp into his stomp, but then it became really inconsistent. What am I missing?

I'm terrible but my execution is way worse on PS3 than 360. Starting to suspect that using the Mayflash adapter to use my 360 sticks on the PS3 is part of the problem. Often times it's still reading my character as moving forwards or backwards even though stick is in neutral (tried on two sticks, same behavior). I guess I shouldn't be surprised at a $15 converter not doing the work of a $60 PCB. It still works great for pad games (no problems using my MadCatz MLG pad in Rising) but it's not a solution for fighting sticks anymore. My kraylix can't arrive too soon now...got 2 PS360+ PCBs and all the other gear I need to finish it just sitting waiting.

Wanna play soonish?

Kioshen

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";54859869]Over/under on new characters in the patch?[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I don't think they'll add more characters. If they do ... please add Karin but most of her moveset if not all is already covered by a bunch of characters so they probably won't.

what if capcom announced "new" characters and we end up with shin akuma, cyber akuma, dark sakura, mech zangief, shadow (guile), and shadow lady.

captain sawada would be pretty boss.

Lk stomp is the only one that combos, just like lk slash is the only slash that combos. You can use any version of tatsu or dp *if close enough, tatsu does the same damage and is less stict on range though. Better corner carry too* though.

Venfayth

Lk stomp is the only one that combos, just like lk slash is the only slash that combos. You can use any version of tatsu or dp *if close enough, tatsu does the same damage and is less stict on range though. Better corner carry too* though.

MK stomp (assuming you're talking about dp+k) actually combos into more things than lk stomp does, iirc, although lk does more damage.

notworksafe

pD4GU.png

Top Bottom