• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Beckx

Lk stomp is the only one that combos, just like lk slash is the only slash that combos. You can use any version of tatsu or dp *if close enough, tatsu does the same damage and is less stict on range though. Better corner carry too* though.

MK stomp (assuming you're talking about dp+k) actually combos into more things than lk stomp does, iirc, although lk does more damage.

Thanks guys. That was the problem. Originally I had been working from SRK combo thread, then later just using HK stomp.

Bleh, gotta travel for a few days. Wish SSFIV had a Vita version like Marvel.

Kioshen

sure, that's all me and autumn were doing yesterday.

Anyone wanna play now?

Yeah lunch break was over sorry :/. I'll probably be playing tonight if I don't get back too late from an afterhour meeting.

Edit :mad:autumn

If you want to play against me feel free to add me on any network. I consider myself a beginner-intermediate player and my handle is Kioshen on all of them.

AutumnAve

Yeah lunch break was over sorry :/. I'll probably be playing tonight if I don't get back too late from an afterhour meeting.

Edit :mad:autumn

If you want to play against me feel free to add me on any network. I consider myself a beginner-intermediate player and my handle is Kioshen on all of them.

Roger-Doger

Hinomura

Yesterday I got two BSODs while playing SSF4AE :(

And guess who's the culprit?

Code:
On Thu 25/04/2013 00:17:30 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: mijxfilt.sys (MijXfilt+0x363A) 
Bugcheck code: 0x10D (0x5, 0x0, 0x1202, 0xFFFFFA8008D5A850)
Error: WDF_VIOLATION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\mijxfilt.sys
product: [b][u]MotioninJoy DS3 driver[/u][/b]
company: [b][u]MotioninJoy[/u][/b]
description: [b][u]MotioninJoy DS3 driver[/u][/b]

Latest version installed...
The version before was limited to random gamepad disconnections, but the latest gives me random crashes. Problem is, it happens only with SSF4AE. Anything else is fine (even the most obscure indie game)...

I'm updating .NET Framework, just in case, and I hope this will fix it... but I think I'll start to look for a hardware solution to use the DS3 as a Xbox360 gamepad on the PC...

Hinomura

Wow, it's even worse now... BSOD while scrolling options in main menu :/

Code:
On Thu 25/04/2013 12:09:21 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: mijxfilt.sys (MijXfilt+0x363A) 
Bugcheck code: 0x10D (0x5, 0x0, 0x1202, 0xFFFFFA80074EC010)
Error: WDF_VIOLATION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\mijxfilt.sys
product: MotioninJoy DS3 driver
company: MotioninJoy
description: MotioninJoy DS3 driver
Bug check description: This indicates that Kernel-Mode Driver Framework (KMDF) detected that Windows found an error in a framework-based driver.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. 
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: mijxfilt.sys (MotioninJoy DS3 driver, MotioninJoy). 
Google query: MotioninJoy WDF_VIOLATION

... I'm reverting to previous motioninjoy drivers, hoping it fixes it :/

OceanBlue

Oh god, I thought that shoulder was going to chip me for sure. ggs onemic. How do I stop Yun from mixing up neutral jump divekick or regular forward jump? I don't have the reactions to react to divekick and it's really scary to guess which you're doing.

I also wish I had Sakura's st.fierce or cr.fierce, lol. Would've been helpful against some of the jumping when I was defending. My defense is so bad. I need to work on that.

ggs

Im beyond salty now.

How does a Yun player beat a shoto? Everything I do is unsafe

The only really unsafe thing you were doing were those lunge punches. Only EX is safe. You have to be careful of Ryu, Chun, and Ken and adjust your pressure when they have super though. They have 2f supers so they can punish a lot of stuff which is normally safe when they have meter.

You were really doing a good job mixing me up after shoulder though. I kept getting hit trying to catch you doing something else. Yun's pressure is so scary, it's hard to deal with. I also couldn't find a way to stop you from neutral jumping when you were pressuring me. I think good players can react to that but I don't have the reactions for it. :(

Onemic

Oh god, I thought that shoulder was going to chip me for sure. ggs onemic. How do I stop Yun from mixing up neutral jump divekick or regular forward jump? I don't have the reactions to react to divekick and it's really scary to guess which you're doing.

I also wish I had Sakura's st.fierce, lol. Would've been helpful against some of the jumping when I was defending. My defense is so bad. I need to work on that.

The only really unsafe thing you were doing were those lunge punches. Only EX is safe. You have to be careful of Ryu, Chun, and Ken and adjust your pressure when they have super though. They have 2f supers so they can punish a lot of stuff which is normally safe when they have meter.

You were really doing a good job mixing me up after shoulder though. I kept getting hit trying to catch you doing something else. Yun's pressure is so scary, it's hard to deal with. I also couldn't find a way to stop you from neutral jumping when you were pressuring me. I think good players can react to that but I don't have the reactions for it. :(

Do that AA j.mp you kept doing on me the first few matches. You'd probably win 90% of our matches if you tried punishing my high divekicks. I noticed that no matter the height of the kick, you wouldn't do anything. If you watch anyone play Yun, they mash throw like a madman whenever they block a divekick, no matter how low. They fucked up his divekick recovery in 2012 so not only do you have to hit it low, the timing for you to continue your attack is different than just doing a normal jump in attack. It screws up my combos at times.

I might be able to pressure you, but I can't convert that pressure into damage like you can. That's why I lost most of our matches. I'd pressure, you'd block everything or punish my LP shoulder with a super or punish my frame trap with an ultra/SRK. I was cussing the lights out so many times after those. My execution is terrible, so I was never able to get out of your frame traps with upkicks.

OceanBlue

Do that AA j.mp you kept doing on me the first few matches. You'd probably win 90% of our matches if you tried punishing my high divekicks. I noticed that no matter the height of the kick, you wouldn't do anything. If you watch anyone play Yun, they mash throw like a madman whenever they block a divekick, no matter how low. They fucked up his divekick recovery in 2012 so not only do you have to hit it low, the timing for you to continue your attack is different than just doing a normal jump in attack. It screws up my combos at times.

I might be able to pressure you, but I can't convert that pressure into damage like you can. That's why I lost most of our matches. I'd pressure, you'd block everything or punish my LP shoulder with a super or punish my frame trap with an ultra/SRK. I was cussing the lights out so many times after those. My execution is terrible, so I was never able to get out of your frame traps with upkicks.
Yeah, I definitely should've gone for AA j.mp more. It's kinda scary to do because you're forced to jump forward, but I was doing j.hk and whiffing anyway, lol. I'll try to throw divekicks more the next time I play against a Yun. I don't do as many OSs as I should, so I let people do empty jump throw or backdash on wakeup all the time.

Sorry about the disrespectful DPs. Not doing DPs when the opponent is going for an obvious throw/frame trap is something my friends say I need to work on all the time, so I'm trying to put that in my game more. I kinda know how you feel with not being able to do the upkicks in response to the frame traps. I was getting hit with some of the shoulders after s.mp because I knew you were going for it and I was trying to beat it with DP. I also got hit by a lot of jumps and divekicks because I was trying to do DP and didn't input it in time. :(

Yeah, it's true that Ryu can convert a good guess into big damage. With how everything links, he's always doing a lot of damage. One thing I noticed is that, in some situations, you could've gone for EX upkicks instead of regular upkicks and juggled into ultra in the corner. Aside from that, I don't know many of Yun's damaging options.

Still, your Yun is definitely better than your Akuma. I was really surprised the first game. I honestly respect your play a lot more than I do mine, lol. Rice Eater's right in that your gameplay is solid. You definitely didn't take many bad risks. I definitely need to play against you guys more. I might be the worst player in this thread right now, lol.

Onemic

Yeah, I definitely should've gone for AA j.mp more. It's kinda scary to do because you're forced to jump forward, but I was doing j.hk and whiffing anyway, lol. I'll try to throw divekicks more the next time I play against a Yun. I don't do as many OSs as I should, so I let people do empty jump throw or backdash on wakeup all the time.

Sorry about the disrespectful DPs. Not doing DPs when the opponent is going for an obvious throw/frame trap is something my friends say I need to work on all the time, so I'm trying to put that in my game more. I kinda know how you feel with not being able to do the upkicks in response to the frame traps. I was getting hit with some of the shoulders after s.mp because I knew you were going for it and I was trying to beat it with DP. I also got hit by a lot of jumps and divekicks because I was trying to do DP and didn't input it in time. :(

Yeah, it's true that Ryu can convert a good guess into big damage. With how everything links, he's always doing a lot of damage. One thing I noticed is that, in some situations, you could've gone for EX upkicks instead of regular upkicks and juggled into ultra in the corner. Aside from that, I don't know many of Yun's damaging options.

Still, your Yun is definitely better than your Akuma. I was really surprised the first game. I honestly respect your play a lot more than I do mine, lol. Rice Eater's right in that your gameplay is solid. You definitely didn't take many bad risks.

I keep thinking this might be my problem. Everyone I face in ranked takes extremely bad risks and it pays off more times than not and I end up losing. I tell myself that I shouldn't because if I eventually want to get to a high level, taking those types of risks will lose you the game, but because I don't take them I end up losing games that I could win by doing them.....but then when I try to do yolo upkicks or yolo ultras, etc. 99% of the time it never works out, so I go back to trying to take as little risks as possible.

Also, do you play ranked? There's no way you should be at a lower pp than me.

OceanBlue

I keep thinking this might be my problem. Everyone I face in ranked takes extremely bad risks and it pays off more times than not and I end up losing. I tell myself that I shouldn't because if I eventually want to get to a high level, taking those types of risks will lose you the game, but because I don't take them I end up losing games that I could win by doing them.....but then when I try to do yolo upkicks or yolo ultras, etc. 99% of the time it never works out, so I go back to trying to take as little risks as possible.

Lol, I kinda have that problem too, although not as much as you probably. Maybe it's learning when to take risks? My friends tell me a lot that I need to take risks when I know my opponent is going for something. I always lose to a Balrog in my city and he always says it's because I don't play offensively and I try to block or tech everything. Lol, I'm sure a much better player can explain this.

I do play ranked, and it makes complete sense to me why I have lower PP than you lol. I like your offensive pressure. You do a couple of st.mp shoulders, and then do something relatively safe like max-range st.hk to beat whiffed mashing or to let players hang themselves trying to beat it with something dumb like DP. It's pretty low-risk and it seems like it'd be really good at dealing with players who have my PP.

My offense is pretty weak (I don't mix up my jump-ins often enough and I don't adjust my frametraps fast enough), my defense is awful, and it takes me a long time to adapt to players. Usually, the only time I win games in ranked is when I can keep a player out the entire game.

Yeah you really shouldn't bother looking at those points.

In this case, I think it's justified! I like how onemic plays even if it's relatively straightforward.

Worried about points, judging a player based on points, playing ranked

pD4GU.png

Venfayth

Nothin wrong with playing ranked/online, just keep in mind if you actually want to be good at the game, the game is different when you play offline.

Top Bottom