• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

OceanBlue

Nothin wrong with playing ranked/online, just keep in mind if you actually want to be good at the game, the game is different when you play offline.
How different is it? I can react to stuff easier offline (whiff punishing actually becomes a thing), but I lose offline for the same reasons I lose online.
Oh trust me, they do. There are irl XBL/PSN Roo's who mash and do some random ass srk's right in your face.

I just ask them, "it's like that?" They usually apologize afterwards.
that's me, lol

Kioshen

It's all I have ;(

Kioshen, you on your lunch break?

I was but one of my coworkers wanted to play a couple of rounds of broforce coop ... tomorrow he's bringing Injustice(rental) to the office. Next week i'll probably be free to spar

No one does yolo srk's. That's what I like.

You can hear them mashing irl so yeah kinda hard to do.

That's why I'm here. :)

You weren't doing them like that ryu guy in the lobby yesterday. Yeah sure i'm missing my links because of lag but c'mon !!!

Venfayth

It's easier to walk forward offline because you can travel more distance before having to block fireballs and slow normals. The few MS of lag from the online can make a big difference when walking forward before having to block. EX Sonic Boom is basically unblockable online :p

Frame traps are more effective offline. Online, the few ms of lag means you can mash crouch tech with relative safety as you tend to block most small (1-2) frame traps even though you're crouch teching.

And just in general it's easier to react to stuff offline. The few frames of reaction time really do mean a lot. It's easier to punish dashes, jumpins, whiffs, pretty much everything important. Incidentally, that's why these punishable things are very prevalent online, where the few frames of lag make them much safer than they are offline.

OceanBlue

It's easier to walk forward offline because you can travel more distance before having to block fireballs and slow normals. The few MS of lag from the online can make a big difference when walking forward before having to block. EX Sonic Boom is basically unblockable online :p

Frame traps are more effective offline. Online, the few ms of lag means you can mash crouch tech with relative safety as you tend to block most small (1-2) frame traps even though you're crouch teching.

And just in general it's easier to react to stuff offline. The few frames of reaction time really do mean a lot. It's easier to punish dashes, jumpins, whiffs, pretty much everything important. Incidentally, that's why these punishable things are very prevalent online, where the few frames of lag make them much safer than they are offline.
Yeah, I definitely see what you're saying. I haven't really thought about it before, but that must be why it feels more comfortable to play footsies offline.

I can still never react to Cody's, Bison's, or Blanka's slides though, lol.

Venfayth

Bison's slide is 15f startup, Cody's is 7, Blanka's is 6. The only one of those you can possibly react to is Bison's if you're godlike (average human reaction time is ~16 frames). You need to find other ways to deal with these tools. All of them are focusable, and very unsafe on block unless they space them properly.

Kioshen

God I hate watching Twitch's archives. The video takes a really long time to load let alone play at a decent clip :(.

@Passive Assassin

To be honest I have more things to fix so I can't critique much but you don't seem to handle pressure very well. If the opponent lets you do your thing you got setups in spades but once it's in your face you seem too passive. That's what I remember from yesterday. I was slowly being more agressive each time we faced and it seemed to work better in my favor except stupid fireball spacing and execution errors on my part.

Yeah I'm definitely too impatient and can't handle pressure. I mash c.techs alot and don't capitalize on anti airs. I probably needs to slid less and play like chun.

Onemic

God I hate watching Twitch's archives. The video takes a really long time to load let alone play at a decent clip :(.

@Passive Assassin

To be honest I have more things to fix so I can't critique much but you don't seem to handle pressure very well. If the opponent lets you do your thing you got setups in spades but once it's in your face you seem too passive. That's what I remember from yesterday. I was slowly being more agressive each time we faced and it seemed to work better in my favor except stupid fireball spacing and execution errors on my part.

From my games with you passive, I can definitely agree with this. You are too much of a passive assassin under pressure!

Kioshen

Oh man the stream archive match of me vs Kadey's looks way smoother than it was on my end. I swear I know how to block/punish butt splash lmao.

AZ Greg

You're free regardless.

AutumnAve

Oh man the stream archive match of me vs Kadey's looks way smoother than it was on my end. I swear I know how to block/punish butt splash lmao.
I felt a ton of lag/input delay on my end, after the stream I went to ranked play and it was much more inline with my typical online experience.

satisfying combos with honda:
hands hands super
chop super (fuck i love ending a round with this so much that i will fish for it for as long as it takes).

Venfayth

For Juri, my satisfying combos:

CL.HP to Super
Pinwheel FADC CL.LP > CR.HP link
EX Divekick -> EX Fireball -> EX Pinwheel
CR.MK xx fireball release FADC Ultra 2

Gat:
c.lk x 2>c.lp>srk

Rawg:
c.lp x 3>HB

Bipson:
c.lk x Whatever>scizzorz

Bout dat BnB life

pD4GU.png

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The archives is replicating what happens on my end as capture so it won't look like it does on your end. Twitch archives are weird in that it starts off at exact quality but if you skip, the quality is lowered so you have to stay within the already downloaded grey area unless the archives restarts a particular section by itself.

I might have another lobby tonight. Not sure yet. All I know is that I don't feel like watching any of these weekly Marvel streams.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Learning that was focusable did wonders for my vs Chun game. It looks so much like an armor breaker.

Only on wakeup. What I do if I see a smart player FAing the Hazan is is to focus cancel it and do something else. Sometimes it nets me good damage other times I avoid a bigger punishment.

AutumnAve

The archives is replicating what happens on my end as capture so it won't look like it does on your end. Twitch archives are weird in that it starts off at exact quality but if you skip, the quality is lowered so you have to stay within the already downloaded grey area unless the archives restarts a particular section by itself.

I might have another lobby tonight. Not sure yet. All I know is that I don't feel like watching any of these weekly Marvel streams.

I'm down. #FuckMarvel

Top Bottom