• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

PC has an insane amount of people using turbo.

Fun Fact: At one point in time I actually used turbo. It was when I got my Mad Catz fight pad. The option was there so I tried it out, I noticed it did help me do some combos easier so I actually used it in matches as well. I think I did this for a month or so before I stopped because I actually wanted to get better at this game and I knew it wasn't allowed at tournaments if I ever planned on attending them and of course I was cheating and yes I did feel like a asshole about it.

The cheapest benefit I got out of it from playing Ryu is that he gets solar plexus > cr. HP for free. That's a 1 frame link and it did a lot more damage then just going straight to Dragon Punch. But by holding down the HP button you would automatically nail that combo every time. For some reason this only worked on the Xbox version and not the PS3 version.

K.Sabot

3DS has an insane amount of people who are actually hacking.

And yes I do know all about the quick move touch options, there's straight up hackers that have like 22000 pp.

Also, cheers.

UoPLXOn.png

Kioshen

3DS has an insane amount of people who are actually hacking.

And yes I do know all about the quick move touch options, there's straight up hackers that have like 22000 pp.

Yes it's the Super version of SF4 ... and you can map touch buttons to do moves instantly ... just play Guile.

Silliest decision to keep those one-touch specials in online play. I tried to play some games honourably and went up against Guile, Guile, Honda, Blanka, Guile Blanka, Guile then just gave up on the 3ds version. 360 & PC only now.

K.Sabot

Yes it's the Super version of SF4 ... and you can map touch buttons to do moves instantly ... just play Guile.

Yes, I know this, and from the 10 or so matches I played on it 3 of the times it was a Honda player that comboed into ochio throw and constantly confirmed into super when he had no bar.

Venfayth

Ggs ven. I never dealt with a Juri wit dat corner pressure.

Yeah gg. Not sure if you got my message, but basically all my wins came from the corner pressure. Obviously you want to get out, but pushing a button after I release a fireball is almost never a good idea.

Otherwise your game was pretty solid. Not sure if you stopped doing kunai setups because of my U1 or if you just don't like doing them, but you could use some of those.

The reason I take U1 against Ibuki is because if the kunai is perfectly meaty, Juri gets moved past it and can punish you due to the increased landing recovery after throwing a kunai. But you weren't doing as many, so I went back to U2 to try some stuff :)

Yeah gg. Not sure if you got my message, but basically all my wins came from the corner pressure. Obviously you want to get out, but pushing a button after I release a fireball is almost never a good idea.

Otherwise your game was pretty solid. Not sure if you stopped doing kunai setups because of my U1 or if you just don't like doing them, but you could use some of those.

The reason I take U1 against Ibuki is because if the kunai is perfectly meaty, Juri gets moved past it and can punish you due to the increased landing recovery after throwing a kunai. But you weren't doing as many, so I went back to U2 to try some stuff :)
Ggs. I had no idea on setups for juri after kd so I was testing things out. And yea I felt like I could deal with U1 by going in and punishing. And dat corner. That timing was definitely strict to punish haha. I think my game is solid but I'd rather do crazy shit and see how it goes, them wake up dps and throwing after getting hit by two fujahins from full screen.

And grats onemic

i'd give anything to get the chance to play him in long sets :(

but alas canada/work/unknown/deejay :(

I find it cool that he keeps letting me play even though he's tons better than me. I get my ass kicked but not everyone gets the chance to play a top 8 EVO player, so'll take it.

Sorry Threi :(

Depending on the character they use, I love playing against guys way better than me. Even though I fail to, I love to keep playing them to see if I can learn something from the experience.

AutumnAve

All you need to know right hurr bruh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uZWArSOmCc

I loled, irl. What's weird is how I've never seen that one before.

Edit:
Funnily enough, this is probably my biggest hurdle. In game, the things I do(or don't do) seem logical, or at least, not the worst thing I could have done. But, when I watch a match replay, it becomes embarrassingly obvious that I was inputting actions, moves, etc, just to be doing them(throwing fireballs, etc)

MIMIC

Banned
This guy named xavierXBL is, for the lack of a better more tactful word, horrible. Had such a lame Blanka. Did the same thing over and over and over and over again (hop, hop, hop, up ball x10). Fortunately, he never beat me.

He tried to chip me to death with Blanka's Ultra. Little did he know that Fuerte's EX leg throw can grab him right out of the air ^_^ It was such a nice flourish to such a frustrating match.

Also in the lobby was the #14 Viper.

I was still pumped off of adrenaline for pulling off that move against the Blanka that I was so pissed when the Viper beat me in the first round.

"Viper shenanigans or not, I will NOT lose"

Destroyed her in rounds 2 and 3.

Like a boss. =p

I loled, irl. What's weird is how I've never seen that one before.

Edit:

Funnily enough, this is probably my biggest hurdle. In game, the things I do(or don't do) seem logical, or at least, not the worst thing I could have done. But, when I watch a match replay, it becomes embarrassingly obvious that I was inputting actions, moves, etc, just to be doing them(throwing fireballs, etc)

Ah. Yeah. The one thing I learned from getting knocked down by mic is to hold back whenever he does a deep divekick on wakeup and just hold it until he goes low. And never stay under his neutral jump forward unless you're going to DP. I got used to that and now its ... 50/50 whenever we play. I got blown up hard though early on :[

Onemic

I need some Anti-Yun tech, its starting to piss me off how m1c is feeling himself vs. my poor, poor Ken. :p

Getting my new stick in 3 days. We'll see if I can hurt that Ken some more. :p My current UMvC3 stick keeps randomly restarting itself when I press buttons hard.(ususally when I'm plinking) Sometimes during our matches I would be pressuring and then I would just stay still and stand. That was my stick being stupid and disconnecting. Ive lost a few matches directly because of this.

Robot Pants

I know I'm late to this, but I was looking over the balance requests from fans, specifically Seth Guy Rose Ken and Guile and my God it makes me sick.

I hope to God Capcom puts none of these suggestions into effect.

I know I'm late to this, but I was looking over the balance requests from fans, specifically Seth Guy Rose Ken and Guile and my God it makes me sick.

Those Seth suggestions were LOL worthy. If they applied all those changes to him, it would literally destroy Seth. He would be bottom tier for sure. Even AE 2012 Yang would chuckle to himself and say "and I thought I had it bad".

What settings do you guys use for AE on the PC?

Vsync - off
framerate - fixed
AA - none
Filtering - none
Model - high
stage - high
soft shadow - off
self shadow - low
motion blur - low
particles - middle
extra - off

I just set up dual monitors and whenever I play it lags :[

Onemic

What settings do you guys use for AE on the PC?

Vsync - off
framerate - fixed
AA - none
Filtering - none
Model - high
stage - high
soft shadow - off
self shadow - low
motion blur - low
particles - middle
extra - off

I just set up dual monitors and whenever I play it lags :[

Vsync - off
framerate - fixed
AA - 4x
Everything else - highest possible setting
extra - Ink

Looks too good.

Westlo

Don't worry, 99.9999999999% this is just a PR stunt to build up some hype for the next version, of course when a change that was always going to happen gets confirmed anyway some tossers on Unity are going to act like it was because of them.

Onemic

Don't worry, 99.9999999999% this is just a PR stunt to build up some hype for the next version, of course when a change that was always going to happen gets confirmed anyway some tossers on Unity are going to act like it was because of them.

If anything, they'll only listen to the players that are actual tourney goers and know their shit.

Top Bottom