• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

cHaotix8

What's the Dudley Ducking juggle combo?

In the corner: lk. duck straight > lp. mgb/hp. Jet Upper/ex. duck upper/ex. duck straight loop > lp.mgb

Midscreen: lk. duck straight > ex duck upper, mk. duck straight > hp. Jet Upper. Or easier, EX MGB > lk/mk duck upper.

The EX duck upper combos after the duck straight should work on every character, and duck straight > lp. mgb works on everyone except Blanka.

Landing duck straight after EX MGB on Bison, Honda, Zangief, Dhalsim and Shoto's is pretty tight, so I would practice on one of them to make sure you don't drop it on anyone else.

Zapages

Does anyone want to play?

Also for some odd reason, I can't join any session on PSN. It finds some and when joining it says unable to join - it has happened for about 10 folks that I tried to join. WTF is wrong? :(

Onemic

Maybe you need to DMZ your console?

Have the same problem. Been trying to connect to people for the last 10 minutes and I jsut get unable to join. Those same people I try to connect to seem to be having the same problem as when I refresh the search results a good 90% of the results are the exact same as last time.

I'll play you zapages, PSN: onem1c.

Edit: looks like PSN's down...

Have the same problem. Been trying to connect to people for the last 10 minutes and I jsut get unable to join. Those same people I try to connect to seem to be having the same problem as when I refresh the search results a good 90% of the results are the exact same as last time.

I'll play you zapages, PSN: onem1c.

Edit: looks like PSN's down...

Well get the feeling this might something to do with the PS3's botched update. Or thats my theory.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/06/sony-pulls-ps3-firmware-update-on-reports-of-bricked-systems/

Ken

In the corner: lk. duck straight > lp. mgb/hp. Jet Upper/ex. duck upper/ex. duck straight loop > lp.mgb

Midscreen: lk. duck straight > ex duck upper, mk. duck straight > hp. Jet Upper. Or easier, EX MGB > lk/mk duck upper.

The EX duck upper combos after the duck straight should work on every character, and duck straight > lp. mgb works on everyone except Blanka.

Landing duck straight after EX MGB on Bison, Honda, Zangief, Dhalsim and Shoto's is pretty tight, so I would practice on one of them to make sure you don't drop it on anyone else.

Hm, was trying to corner thing off a c.hk but can't connect ex duck upper after lp mgb.

cHaotix8

Hm, was trying to corner thing off a c.hk but can't connect ex duck upper after lp mgb.

Yeah, Cr. HK takes a lot of juggle points away. After EX MGB, you can only get 2 cr. Hk's (only one on some characters) and that's a one frame link. You can do EX. MGB > Cr. HK > 1 hit of EX duck upper but it isn't worth the meter.

lp mgb is an ender so the only thing you can connect after that is super and a few hits of ultra II.

Beckx

Lenient inputs are driving me crazy with Oni. Mess up a MK stomp input and I get MK slash. Which would be fine except it's hard to combo MK slash after TC2. I suppose I should switch to LK stomp since LK slash combos easily. (Or I could get better but yeah.)

Venfayth

Lenient inputs are driving me crazy with Oni. Mess up a MK stomp input and I get MK slash. Which would be fine except it's hard to combo MK slash after TC2. I suppose I should switch to LK stomp since LK slash combos easily. (Or I could get better but yeah.)

If you're ending after TC2 (that's back+mp x hp, right?) shouldn't you be doing hp srk or hk tatsu? Do you use mk stomp for the knockdown? IIRC LK slash is the ender if you're going to FADC or you want the standing mixup afterwards.

Edit: Also, lately versus decent Oni's I've been mashing back+stand tech after they land a hit. If they try hk or ex slash resets, I grab them right out of it. Have you encountered anyone doing that? What is your answer to it? (besides just not doing a reset)

Beckx

I've been trying to get his moves down but still in the lab. Oni is the character I want to play but right now I don't feel competent enough with him to take him out in the wild. (Like I ever get to play online anyway.)

Stomp for the knockdown, yeah, which is why getting a slash is a bad result and LK slash with no meter even worse. I'm definitely working on ending with Tatsu since I can't reliably get stomp over slash yet.

Totally honest I am not at a level yet where I can think about resets with any of my characters. If I get it in it's just combo, knockdown, start again.

Edit: I'm mostly following this guy for what I'm trying to learn with Oni.

Venfayth

I still don't know why Oni's light slash is -2 on block. It seems like it should be a 0 frame "get in" mixup tool.

Just DP or throw afterwards, best mixup!

I also have a problem when I play oni: When I go from crouch blocking to doing forward+mk, I often get mk slash.

Fucking mk slash.

I still don't know why Oni's light slash is -2 on block. It seems like it should be a 0 frame "get in" mixup tool.

At least it's safe on block. And then you still have to deal with the most invincible DP in the game, that ground pound move, or just a regular throw. I think the move is fine and doesn't need to be changed. He has bigger problems else where.

Beckx

I would suggest watching Combofiend or Ryan Hart if you want to see practical, high-level Oni play. That dude is okay but he crumbles against anyone who understands Oni's gimmicks.

Any vid links? I've been trying to watch Chris Hu matches too.

I will say it's better in some ways for me to watch someone who plays "way better than me but not godlike."

Fucking mk slash.

Hahah, yup. And no real way to fix it.

LakeEarth

At least it's safe on block. And then you still have to deal with the most invincible DP in the game, that ground pound move, or just a regular throw. I think the move is fine and doesn't need to be changed. He has bigger problems else where.

Yeah I guess he already has enough options after a blocked slash. I'm probably just wanting the character to be something it's not.

I didn't know Oni can combo into his air raging demon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S38mtUyvTI&t=53m58s

cHaotix8

Any vid links? I've been trying to watch Chris Hu matches too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPBV4pxPy68
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e7jJi2CXMo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThMPpYk8CNk

Lol, that first match just reminded me of how stupid Akuma is.

I will say it's better in some ways for me to watch someone who plays "way better than me but not godlike."

I can kinda understand that but the better the player is, the more you can learn from them. Combofiend wins through a solid ground game and really only goes for the 'gimmicky stuff when he has a good enough read on the situation.

ggs to whoever jenov is. I'm sorry I brought out my fray oni/mak. Saw some of the posts in this thread about Oni and decided to try him up. His ground game is fun and his fadc combos along with Mak's s.fierce hc whatever is amazing.

ggs to whoever jenov is. I'm sorry I brought out my fray oni/mak. Saw some of the posts in this thread about Oni and decided to try him up. His ground game is fun and his fadc combos along with Mak's s.fierce hc whatever is amazing.

hey that was me. I forgot what ur gamertag was too on GAF. It wasn't until you used Ibuki at the end that I recognized who you are.

I was having a ton of weird execution frustrations throughout, until I realized my stick's switch was on LS, lol. I couldn't even do a simple fireball for a while.

GGs man, I need more PC players to play.

hey that was me. I forgot what ur gamertag was too on GAF. It wasn't until you used Ibuki at the end that I recognized who you are.

I was having a ton of weird execution frustrations throughout, until I realized my stick's switch was on LS, lol. I couldn't even do a simple fireball for a while.

GGs man, I need more PC players to play.

Gotcha. Must of been the reason why I won at least one Oni match haha.

Venfayth, I just read in the Jaxel thread that you said you threw a tourney in Minneapolis. Just wondering, but do you know a player that goes by Steelo or Steel Yang(real name) that plays SF4? He plays Adon, Yang, and Gouken although he's been mainly using Gouken lately. He's my good friend who moved up to St. Paul recently and has been going to those Mall tournaments. Just wondering if you two know each other.

K.Sabot

If I'm not fighting juris that spam lk pinwheel, it's fighting Deejays that spam Dreadkick / Jackknife

You can't frame punish this shit online

JJcao

Neo Member
Anyone want some matches on Xbox live? I'm gaming on a Xbox pad since I don't have a stick. Send me a invite GT: n3oGAF

Venfayth

Venfayth, I just read in the Jaxel thread that you said you threw a tourney in Minneapolis. Just wondering, but do you know a player that goes by Steelo or Steel Yang(real name) that plays SF4? He plays Adon, Yang, and Gouken although he's been mainly using Gouken lately. He's my good friend who moved up to St. Paul recently and has been going to those Mall tournaments. Just wondering if you two know each other.

Haha! Yeah, I definitely do. I've hung out with him a couple times at locals and we talked at that tournament. Next time I see him I'll tell him you said hey :D

Threi

notag
If I'm not fighting juris that spam lk pinwheel, it's fighting Deejays that spam Dreadkick / Jackknife

You can't frame punish this shit online
*shrug* all sobats are -5 at the least (MK, HK, and EX are -7,-9 and -8 respectively), even online it shouldn't be difficult to punish unless they space it fairly far.

Better than not being able to punish a lot of specials, online or offline because your normals and specials are too slow/have poor range.

xCobalt

Better than not being able to punish a lot of specials, online or offline because your normals and specials are too slow/have poor range.

That's how I feel about gouken. Since he can't combo from lights, it can be rather tough to punish people.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Put CPU vs CPU on hardest and you can learn a few things.

Like I didnt know you could FADC a headbutt. Have to be close range.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Follow Satyamdas. He is the best Dhalsim in the world. But he lives in a cave and gets pretty angry. You have to have confidence and pretend you get lots of women and you'll have his respect.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Good games.

I had an epiphany. All of a sudden I can do all of Fei's links and combos. Now I like using him. People know how much pain of an ass he is. :)

Top Bottom