• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

No wonder. That ryu is too stroink.

lol, I guess I should be more consistent with my gamertag and screen names to avoid confusion

ggs Passive, I don't really try to main Ryu, but playing him does help me learn to be more solid in this game too

Yeah, playing ryu shows my bad habits. It's great haha

I lack experience and matchup knowledge still. I am not up to speed on vortex tech and unblockables and stuff. So when I play characters like Ibuki, I fall apart, lol. Good stuff.

If I have a bar and you throw a fireball, it's pretty much gg for Ryu. It's probably better if you RTSD'd or just mash c.forward all day to keep me out. How hard is it to react to Ibuki's f.forward?

If I have a bar and you throw a fireball, it's pretty much gg for Ryu. It's probably better if you RTSD'd or just mash c.forward all day to keep me out. How hard is it to react to Ibuki's f.forward?

it's more about figuring out to do after you give me a hard knock down. Pretty much ggs for sexy ninja after that :)

gutabo

Got a hold on an xbox and a capturing device. Made some Honda vids yet again.

Corner safe jump setup after a throw using taunt #3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjHf-OdClQg

Midscreen Ambiguous Safe Jump Part 1: As A Crossup (18+ minutes long)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUmPb2jK1gY

Midscreen Ambiguous Safe Jump Part 2: Not A Crossup
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laz_ty36DxY

Corner Ambiguous Safe Jump: To Crossup Or Not To Crossup
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5Jb9bgkO64

Random Combos/Punishes (leftovers)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYJRWvlkJJQ

I still have to add descriptions/annotations about stuff, sorry about that.

gutabo

thanks for the honda tech! im hoping to pick this back up after evo and start heading back to my local sessions.

You're welcome! If I can bother my friend again(and his wife lets me bother him again) I'll be posting more stuff ;) Does anyone have a spare xbox/ps3 you're not using right now?

inb4 "but you retired gutabo!" yes I'm still retired :(

Also seems like no one noticed the T. Hawk unblockable at the end of this video, a shame T. Hawk can still punish with Ultra 2. I swear, that thing is like hakan's Ultra 2, you just can't safe jump it!
or can you? :p

Hopefully we get some good AE 2013 news this weekend. Can't wait for it and new thread should be ready when it comes out to, all according to keikaku.

GGs Hypernima. I think my Guile is "competent" now. I also can't handle Juri at all, and I'm a bit confused about FADCs: when I focus attack, do I have to hold the MP+MK while double tapping my dash? And then I let go of MP+MK?

I'll be able to play some matches later tonight if you'd like Karst. I've always had some trouble with the guile matchup.
Maybe, we'll see!

hypernima

Banned
GGs Hypernima. I think my Guile is "competent" now. I also can't handle Juri at all, and I'm a bit confused about FADCs: when I focus attack, do I have to hold the MP+MK while double tapping my dash? And then I let go of MP+MK?

Maybe, we'll see!

You're Guile is still in the unpredictable/predictable stage. That's good because it really kept me from locking you down in the Ryu matches.

FADCs takes some time but with your fg experience you'll get it a lot quicker then it took me to get (2 yrs) What I do is what what you described exact. It's hard to not fuck it up though to get a hit.

Also Juri usually beats guile, well.. GOOD Juri's but then again I still think Guile has the upper hand.
You are going to find it hard to beat a good Juri in a zoning war. You have to get in on her, and she has to either decide to keep you in to frametrap or do damage or to keep you out.

vocab

Serious question. If you have a full super bar, and ultra. Does the super take priority if your inputs are off by just a bit? I input ultra. It shows I hit 3 punch buttons, but my inputs are off by a bit, and I always get super. What is causing this?

Good example is rufus ultra/super/balrog ultra/super. Same inputs, but different button requirements. The funny thing is if I practice combos without full super meter. I always get the ultra.....

Onemic

You're Guile is still in the unpredictable/predictable stage. That's good because it really kept me from locking you down in the Ryu matches.

FADCs takes some time but with your fg experience you'll get it a lot quicker then it took me to get (2 yrs) What I do is what what you described exact. It's hard to not fuck it up though to get a hit.

Also Juri usually beats guile, well.. GOOD Juri's but then again I still think Guile has the upper hand.
You are going to find it hard to beat a good Juri in a zoning war. You have to get in on her, and she has to either decide to keep you in to frametrap or do damage or to keep you out.

You or karst still wanna play?

Onemic

Got damn.

Elena, Hugo, Rolento, Poison, plus secret new character, six stages, on top of balance updates for 15 bucks in the winter of 2013? HYPE

So gonna go with Elena or Rolento. Hope the new character is fresh and exciting.

so disappointing. i mean i saw it coming that they were going to rehash the sfxt characters, but come on man. what was the point of all those official polls/

WHERES MY Q!?

Are the balance updates free or are we splitting the community

again

Hmm, this is a very different update from AE to AE 2012. This is practically Vanilla to Super and Super to AE again. I don't think their will be a free balance update allowing people who don't get the new version to play people with the old version. I think you'll have to buy it if you want to play against people who get it.

Top Bottom