• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Lost Fragment said:
Just saw this on SRK

dqORx.jpg

Fucking lol

Can't help but wonder if the twins are bound and gagged in the next room lol

DryEyeRelief said:
uh for clarification is it start of every round or the start of every match?

Every round.

The impression I get from the translation is that he basically starts of the match with lk oil (6 seconds) and then his oil can be carried over to the next round with the amount/duration based on how much was stacked at the end of the previous round.

Satyamdas

Banned
Fosh said:
It seems like an oversight to me. I dont like Rufus either but it seems like its something that shouldn't happen.
You know what else shouldn't happen? Vacuum effect on his Ultra. Fair trade off with EX Jesus whiffing 1 out of every 250 times, I say.

Wiseblade

biosnake20 said:
El Fuerte-buffed just right

Errm, no. Fuerte's still putting in more work for less reward than the majority of the cast, it's just that he got his greatest troll back. I would have loved a damage increase on Fajita Buster and a stun buff on cl.HP to near Vanilla levels for maximum trollitude.

I think I am okay with the Mak nerfs. Depends how much they nerfed EX choke. The SSF4 life and fukiage damage nerfs I can probably live with.
Excited about that now-cancellable target combo and improved s.HK hitbox.
Don't care much for the hayate charging improvements as I hardly ever use that myself.

biosnake20 said:
Sakura-buffed just right

Are you sure about that? A character that went from bottom tier to lower mid tier in AE got 2 insignificant buffs. And it looks like she's returning to bottom tier with everyone below her getting buffs.

Rice-Eater said:
Just read the Evil Ryu changes. All I can say is that don't be surprised if I make EVO top 8 in 2012.
If you make it to Top 8 at EVO next year, I will write you a crown of sonnets.

And you can fuckin' quote me on that shit.

Satyamdas

Banned
scytheavatar said:
Are you sure about that? A character that went from bottom tier to lower mid tier in AE got 2 insignificant buffs. And it looks like she's returning to bottom tier with everyone below her getting buffs.
2lsxnk9ujpf.gif

holdbrillanj

Neo Member
Sakura is a great char. Top 15 even. Just that you need to nail those 1framers all the time cause thats her biggest strenght.

LK dragonstomp from like -7 to +1?

c.mk xx lk ds is gonna be so fucking annoying. c.mk is like half screen, and even if he hits one of your limps the DS still combos. Calling Eryu to be seen ALOT more. Maybe even akuma status

Imm0rt4l

scytheavatar said:
Please......

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Fosh said:
how would Dhalsim players predict the yun/yang match-ups with the given buffs/nerfs? Kinda still looks painful to me.
Well damage nerfs should give us more leeway. Less time on geneijin is also nice.

I'm not sure if the higher height restriction is going to make anti-airing him any easier or not. It may restrict his airborne options a tad which would make choosing the correct AA a little easier. Maybe.

Reduced active frames on palm will make it easier to punish a Yun trying to build meter on whiffed palms.

Slower startup on command grab will make his close up options less ridiculous and make it easier for us to get away.

Professor Beef said:

Beef with dem obscure GAF inside jokes!

holdbrillanj said:
Sakura is a great char. Top 15 even. Just that you need to nail those 1framers all the time cause thats her biggest strenght.

c.mk xx lk ds is gonna be so fucking annoying. c.mk is like half screen, and even if he hits one of your limps the DS still combos. Calling Eryu to be seen ALOT more. Maybe even akuma status

I believe that's only on hit. On block it'll probably be -6, which still sucks but at least it's a improvement. And yeah, I'm expecting people to jump on the Evil Ryu band wagon, but I'm not convinced that top players will flock to him though but we'll see.

Daigo for Evil Ryu in 2012.

Professor Beef said:

Shall I compare thee to a post-balance update Yun? Thou art less lovely and more nerfed.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
holdbrillanj said:

hey brillan what's your views on the cody buffs? ( sorry if you already posted )
Also, are you up for some games sometime today? :3

Rocwell

• You can now cancel the Hop Kick into a Hurricane Kick. This includes EX.
Whaaaa. I have to see this. Glad the twins' command grabs and palms got hit pretty hard.

Re: Makoto- The health and ex kara range nerfs hurt. The fukiage damage nerf is acceptable since it still has the improved hitbox and startup. She still has her buffed damage on ex hayate and blockakusa. Plus the new cancellable target combo looks pretty useful. The charge hayates on the other hand do not.

I will refrain from crying that the sky is falling until I get my hands on the new update. It'll be interesting to see what the tiers look like after this.

USD

Ryan Hunter seems really happy with the Cody changes. He's been rocking Cody since Super Day 1, hope he does well with 2012.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
USD said:
No double check, so it might not be 100% accurate.

YUN
-Target Combo 2 120 damage
-Target Combo 3 120 damage
-Target Combo 4 130 damage, -6 on block for second hit
-Target Combo 5 70 damage
-cr.LK has an upward extended hurtbox
-cr.MP damage from 60 to 50
-Higher height restriction for Raigekishu (dive kick), for LK, MK, and HK (all versions)
-+2 extra frames of hit, block stun on Raigekishu
-Senpukyaku (i'm assuming overhead) from 85 damage to 80 during Gen'ei Jin
-LK, MK, HK Zenpou Tenshin slowed to 11F, EX to 8F
-No throw invincibility on EX Zenpou
-EX Zesshou (lunge) hit distribution changed from 7/2 to 6/3, -1 on block
-MP, HP Kobokushi (palm) meter gain to +20
-LP Koboku is 25 frames total, MP, HP 45 frames total
-MP, HP Koboku damage from 160 to 140, stun from 250 to 200; chip damage for MP, HP to 30
-Active frames for MP, HP Koboku to 10
-Nishoukyaku (up kicks): LK only has invincibility up to (and including) the first active frame
-More landing recovery on all versions (including EX)
-MK Nishou from 130 damage to 110
-Tetsuzanko (shoulder): HP damage from 140 to 100, EX from 80+70 to 90+40 (130 total); during the projectile invincible parts of the move, Yun's hurtbox against physical strikes is expanded
-Gen'ei Jin is a second shorter, does less damage

Yang next.
Well, AE was fun!

Later guys.

Corky

Hnngghh why can't I stick to one character, I honestly thought seth was my bro but then zangief breaks down the door out of nowhere and kisses me passionately.

So conflicted.

Corky

fucking ASS!!!!

Fuck bison...

god damn joke character, fucking charge equivalent of viper, just keep spamming specials and you'll win regardless. Ass...Ass...

holdbrillanj

Neo Member
Corky said:
hey brillan what's your views on the cody buffs? ( sorry if you already posted )
Also, are you up for some games sometime today? :3

My chars (Hawk,deejay,eryu,cody) all got buffed except for mak, but i have only played her for a month anyway.

I think cody will become the new ryu. Aka lots of Cody's, but 90% will be horrible. If the walkspeed increase is significant (shoto/normal status) he will be top 5 for sure.

He will not be vanilla sagat/ae hongkong by any means. He still has big flaws, like no low hitconfirm, horrible backdash, ass reversals and previously his walkspeed.

Sure we can play today :) Gonna play my old deejay tho mohahaha :D

PhatSaqs

Banned
Im really feeling the Guy buffs. No recovery on empty Izuna flip is damn awesome and huge IMO. Also love the easy elbow. Run overhead better at close range is pretty damn good as well.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
_dementia said:
Nerfs galore. Fuck.
We bought AE for nothing. This game is essentially the same game as Super now, with additional characters that no one will ever use.

kitzkozan

Yoshichan said:
We bought AE for nothing. This game is essentially the same game as Super now, with additional characters that no one will ever use.

Lol don't over react to the nerfs, since both Yun and Yang will still be used. :) Both of them will still be good, probably from mid to high tier. Evil Ryu and Oni will be seen much more often as well so AE wasn't for nothing. Heck, Evil Ryu > Ryu easily for me in AE 2012.

The best thing about Hakan being oiled at the start of a round or even fight is that it make sense since he oil himself up in the intro of a match anyway. :p

Corky

holdbrillan said:
Sure we can play today :) Gonna play my old deejay tho mohahaha :D

Ah dee jay you say...

There is no character, I hate more than Dee Jay :) no joke. Sometimes I feel like I wanna die when playing against him. Irl.

Yoshichan

_dementia said:
Back to 3SOE I go.
I never left, bro. I was there all the time on PS2.

HiResDes

Corky said:
fucking ASS!!!!

Fuck bison...

god damn joke character, fucking charge equivalent of viper, just keep spamming specials and you'll win regardless. Ass...Ass...
If you don't have any mixups with Bison and a way to makeup for a shitty anti-air game you'll never make it far, he definitely requires some thought. Also landing focus attacks is more important with Bison than with Viper.

Kioshen

Wow I'm really surprised that Yang got hit harder than Yun with the nerf bat. I knew it was coming but not that bad. Roll kicks and Dive kicks are now as useless as they were in 3S. U1 will probably get used more than U2 since I think the new startup will make it near impossible to fadc into from slashes. I was hoping that Yang could finally get out of the shadow of his brother but I guess he never will.

Top Bottom