• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Well I must say I'm kind of surprised at the response that I'm seeing. I thought everybody was about being nice and nurturing newer/weaker players. But it seems that isn't the case lol.

Well if it were to happen again, I don't think I'll take the same approach. But, that's not to say I won't try to body the other guy as hard as possible.

Professor Beef said:
I wish all Blanka players and fans would choke on their own vomit.

That is all.

Agreed

MIMIC

Banned
Rice-Eater said:
After the match ended. We just did a quick shake without looking at each other or saying anything. At first I was still angry about how I lost. But after a little while I started thinking about how I played and then I got upset at myself for losing my cool and being such a asshole to the guy. He's probably new or just isn't that good and I don't think it was right of me to try and embarrass him like that. I actually wanted to apologize but I didn't see him around in the later hours.

LOL, I know how that feels. I played a complete n00b Vega (literally did at least 50 of those evade backflips). He won the 1st, I won the next two and completely tore into him about how he sucks and blah blah. He replied back about how he's new to the game and I felt like the biggest douche. I had to apologize. lol

I initially thought he was trolling me so I just got my hits in and played the turtle game.

stabicron7 said:
Unfortunately the game is such that if someone plays like a scrub you are forced to dumb your own play down to scrub level to beat them.

Exactly. I remember reading some Street Fighter advice regarding the mechanics of playing a scrub. saying something along the lines of: "You can't out-think a brink"

holdbrillanj

Neo Member
I really hope the top 10 changes completely. I want cody,deejay,thawk,hakan,gouken,ryu(i miss him),blanka(i kinda like watching him and playing him. I hate playing against him tho :p)gen, oni and evil ryu as top 10

Seriously i find it so freaking boring to watch twins and fei. Even balrog mirrors are more fun

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Professor Beef said:
I wish all Blanka players and fans would choke on their own vomit.

That is all.

:D

There's only one character that can compete with DeeJay for me, when it comes to total vomitinducing garbage ass characters... and that's thawk D:

Imma dump two tons of depleted batteries on this turf and choke an eagle.

edit :

While we're at it, here's my wishful top 10 in terms of "I enjoy watching good players play these well so here's hoping these become more prominent in tournies " :

Akuma
Blanka
Cody
Gen
Gouken
Guy
Ibuki
Juri
Seth
Zangief

SamVimes

^
Abel (which really doesn't need any help, i just hope they revert u2 to super status becase in 2012 is borderline retarded)
Cody
Dhalsim
Gen
Guile
Hakan
Juri
Ken
Oni
Sakura
Seth

cackhyena

SamVimes said:
^
Abel (which really doesn't need any help, i just hope they revert u2 to super status becase in 2012 is borderline retarded)
Cody
Dhalsim
Gen
Guile
Hakan
Juri
Ken
Oni
Sakura
Seth
<3

I'm loving that Ryu's tatsu is back to an actual attacking one. Wonder if Daigo will be looking in his direction again.

Kioshen

cackhyena said:
<3

I'm loving that Ryu's tatsu is back to an actual attacking one. Wonder if Daigo will be looking in his direction again.

Daigo will pick the character that has the less bad matchups now. He said it in an interview that now that he's sponsored he will put every edges on his side to win.

SamVimes said:
^

nah the sf4 series should end with everyone complaining about how stupid he is.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yeah, I guess Daigo wasn't a "true" Yun.

BadWolf said:
Will any of those be better than v.2012 Yun though? He still looks very solid.
Ken, Sagat, and Dictator are definitely better than AE2012 Yun. But your right he is still very good. Probably still top 12.

Conceited said:
There are reports of Daigo playing Ken already.
Nice, ken is a fantastic character.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Ooh, thanks for the archive link. I'm so hyped for these AE 2012 changes. Fuck yo couch!

USD said:
Click on the upper-right box. You can vote for the page once a day, so if you're a creeper like myself, bookmark that shit.
What upper right box?

It looks like it's not just Ryu, but practically every other shoto has the attack copter back. I saw footage of Evil Ryu and Akuma doing it as well. I never saw the escape copter though, which makes me believe it's still not back. But the attack copter is, which I loved using before it got removed.

Don't know about Daigo, but on Air's FB page, he does mention the possible switch to Evil Ryu. I think it would be a good move know with his current buffs. He's still not top tier, but I think he's a little better then regular Ryu at this point.

Imm0rt4l

He can only combo after wallbounce if the opponent is grounded when denjin hits, so yea its not very practical. I will say it's nice that he has an option for a 2nd U2 now, but that's not so much a buff as it is a fix, most of his "buffs" are fixes. Since counter is divided into 3 zones now anti air countering is a crap shoot. It's not a good feeling when you know your opponent is going to jumpin attack and you counter high like you're supposed to and end up getting counter hit. Counter already has enough recovery frames as is to get a counter hit I don't need to be dealing with the stupidly small hitbox of hp counter, the ambiguity really fucks shit up, but one of the 'buffs' is fixing that, something that was already fine in super. Cl. mp,st.fp, dash palm is supposed to actually connect now also a fix(gave a hit confirm that didn't work). I've yet to see the range increase on his lp palm. And they finally got rid of hp palm and are using the previous lp palm as mp and mp as the new hp(also another fix).

SamVimes

DryEyeRelief said:
nah the sf4 series should end with everyone complaining about how stupid he is.
I actually like Abel, it's not so easy to get in against a decent player and he has horrible matchups.

El Sloth

Banned
Rice-Eater said:
Well I must say I'm kind of surprised at the response that I'm seeing. I thought everybody was about being nice and nurturing newer/weaker players. But it seems that isn't the case lol.
I do think you should be nurturing and nice to newer players, but all bets are off in a tournament setting.

Top Bottom