• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Number45

Finally picking up my TE tomorrow (delivered to work while I was on holiday), looking forward to getting into this properly and also 3S. :)

Also, upgrading my internet next week. Should get somewhere in the region of 34Mbps down, 8Mbps up (UK though, so not much use for most of you folk). ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7jSxtJ2CxQ&feature=channel_video_title

Oiled up CC slide crossup on Yun at :18 is just.....

desario.gif

Kimosabae

Banned
diztrukted said:
looks like it's back, new dashboard thing at the top

forums still down though

Are you still able to view the site at all? Till now, I've gotten nothing but the message "shoryuken.com is offline".

I really need the forums right now >:/

Number45

What's Hakan using to cancel the oil in that video? Looks like he crouches out of them, but I assume it's FADC related?

Kimosabae said:
Are you still able to view the site at all? Till now, I've gotten nothing but the message "shoryuken.com is offline".

I get the same. Annoying when they tweet links to their site and it's constantly down. >_<

Number45 said:
What's Hakan using to cancel the oil in that video? Looks like he crouches out of them, but I assume it's FADC related?
He has a crouch similar to Blanka that lets him avoid projectiles. He can cancel out of it during the oil animation.

Kimosabae said:

Weird. Works fine for me. Lemme check real quick.

Yep. Works.

Imm0rt4l

from Air
Latest info. Various japanese top players think adon, sagat, viper and most of the charge characters will be @ the top.
MDR will switch back to Rufus
Zangitan might switch to Hakan
Daigo used Ryu quite alot during his casual matches n did quite well

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Imm0rt4l said:
from Air
Latest info. Various japanese top players think adon, sagat, viper and most of the charge characters will be @ the top.
MDR will switch back to Rufus
Zangitan might switch to Hakan
Daigo used Ryu quite alot during his casual matches n did quite well

Just saw this, I wonder if Daigo is trying to decide between Ken and Ryu? Greg said he's playing Ken, and now Air says hes playing Ryu, he must be conflicted.

G-Fex

Rentahamster said:
Just post em. Others can answer your questions too.

my video card isn't that powerful (Radeon HD4650) and I've been trying to set windowed games at low settings to get a better framerate, anything else I can do? I'm using Xsplit at the moment.

Character thought association - when you guys are playing a random online match and your opponent picks Balrog, what is the first thought that comes into your mind?

I started with 'Rog and haven't had the balls to pick up another character yet, and am wondering what people think when they see me pick him. Beginner scrub? Annoying and cheap? "Dammit not another Balrog?"

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Fong Ghoul said:
Character thought association - when you guys are playing a random online match and your opponent picks Balrog, what is the first thought that comes into your mind?
"This guy's gonna be fucking free".

Fong Ghoul said:

I started with 'Rog and haven't had the balls to pick up another character yet, and am wondering what people think when they see me pick him. Beginner scrub? Annoying and cheap? "Dammit not another Balrog?"
"Is this Gootecks? Am I on EA?"

Imm0rt4l

Fong Ghoul said:

"I'm gonna be fucking free"

Fong Ghoul said:

"I fucking hate turtle Rogs."

Imm0rt4l

I think I'm going to learn to play dhalsim. Playing Dudley I think has made my gouken worse in some respect, because I feel like going in, something gouken shouldn't be doing as often I try to.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I wish the win quotes were better in this game. In SF2 the win quotes are brutal. In SF4 it's like "Hey I'm gonna get a cat when I get home."

USD

Lost Fragment said:
I wish the win quotes were better in this game. In SF2 the win quotes are brutal. In SF4 it's like "Hey I'm gonna get a cat when I get home."
Haha that's the best quote ever. I was so gonna make an awesome Cammy avatar about that, but I'm too lazy. And I suck.

MIMIC

Banned
Professor Beef said:
Looked like he focus backdashed, but cancelled the backdash into a jab.

Is this new to Hakan? Could he always do that? @_@ I've never heard of "cancelling a backdash".

Gegz

Banned
Lost Fragment said:
Being able to do custom win quotes would be great !

Lost Fragment said:
The character-specific win quotes are great; it's stupid that they stuck them in 1P mode only.

sephi22

Gegz said:
Being able to do custom win quotes would be great !
No thanks. Ragemail is enough.
I don't want to see Blanka/Yun say "Stay free you filthy f*@&*@# m@*#&@(#&" everytime I lose to one.

BadWolf

Conceited said:
Just saw this, I wonder if Daigo is trying to decide between Ken and Ryu? Greg said he's playing Ken, and now Air says hes playing Ryu, he must be conflicted.

If he goes with Ryu he'll have a pretty hard time against characters like Dhalsim and Fei Long again though.

Still remember how terribly Mago shut his Ryu down during Godsgarden online. It was clearly just a bad match up since Daigo took Mago's Fei Long down very easily with Guile later during Canada Cup.

Fong Ghoul said:
I should watch out for the guard crush special.

Also when the fuck is the karaface interview going up?

Imm0rt4l

ET0OM.png

I was looking at this Jp tier list from a few months ago, and I came to the conclusion that people just don't play gouken. They listed a few favorable matchups that are actually bad ones. It is old though so whatever.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
AE had that many 7-3 match ups? lawl

Top Bottom