• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Axis

PalaceBrother said:
So even though you've hit HP after the DP motion, you can still follow up with a K and the DP motion will be buffered? Great tip, thanks.

I'd definitely be up for some matches on XBL. I'm in Canada but my connection to US players is generally quite good. Does the SE fighstick even have a spot for the XBL mic? It looks like the form factor wouldn't accommodate it.

yeah there's a pretty good size buffer window so it still works

and like chaotix said, it's worth getting the dp motion down during s.hp startup if you plan on playing other chars where inputs could overlap

I don't think I've posted in this thread yet.

I'm really looking forward to gafbats. I don't think I'll do that well, but I'm hoping to learn a lot.

Invisible_Insane said:

I'm really looking forward to gafbats. I don't think I'll do that well, but I'm hoping to learn a lot.
Same here. Is God's Beard the Poongko of GAF? I can't wait to fight his Seth.

zlatko

Banned
Imm0rt4l said:
I don't think I know any seths on gaf, used to be qistoptier, but he doesn't like sf.

I just picked him up after EVO. How could I not after seeing THE MACHINE?!

I'm coming off Abel and Yang play, and in vanilla I messed around with Zangief the most. Seth is sort of a natural fit... it's weird but aside from doing his challenges I never even considered messing around with Seth for whatever reason.

I'm out of Xbox Live and probably won't pony up for more till SF3 Online comes out, otherwise I'd offer some Gaffers some sparring practice against my Seth and help me up my game with him as well. Right now I'm just being a practice monster in training. I'm trying to get consistent on the ability to buffer a SPD out of anything and everything, as well as be able to constantly hit his BnB's... which 9/10 I can offline, but once I enter online shit always goes out the window for me. :/

_dementia said:

Well he isn't my main, but I've been playing Seth as a secondary character for over a year now. I use to always bust him out during Kadey's streams and I also used him at EVO as a counter pick against a Blanka player(still lost anyways). My Seth is ass though but I still love playing the character.

ShaneB

Invisible_Insane said:

I'm not that good to begin with compared to the players here, plus I'm rusty as all hell. I'll likely be 2 and out :)

My excitement is all towards 3Soe these days.

jlai

ShaneB said:
I'm not that good to begin with compared to the players here, plus I'm rusty as all hell. I'll likely be 2 and out :)

It's not a tournament

AkumaHokoru said:
ok. it seems some people dont understand how this works.

You CANNOT BE ELIMINATED FROM A RANBAT. you have to play your match every week. your win loss score determines your rank every week and it either goes up or down...its like pro sports. each player is a team :)

ShaneB said:

Isn't the purpose of ranking battles to fight everyone?

ShaneB said:

More like -8 and shame, but I catch your drift.

Seriously, though, you can't be eliminated from ranking battles.

SamVimes

Invisible_Insane said:
I aspire to play Seth someday, but my execution is awful right now.
He's actually easier than it seems, he's part of my rotation of 5-6 characters and the only problem right now is that the stomps are character specific, so you have to know the timing against everyone which isn't easy: even Poongko was missing them on Combofiend's Guy.

ShaneB

Invisible_Insane said:
More like -8 and shame, but I catch your drift.

Seriously, though, you can't be eliminated from ranking battles.

Bah, yes I know it's not a tournament :) Just the '2 and out' joke is much more understandable.

zlatko

Banned
SamVimes said:
He's actually easier than it seems, he's part of my rotation of 5-6 characters and the only problem right now is that the stomps are character specific, so you have to know the timing against everyone which isn't easy: even Poongko was missing them on Combofiend's Guy.

I actually didn't know this. In what way are the toe taps different on various characters? Is it if you just do a raw toe tap, or is the timing different you mean whenever you go for the taps? I hadn't noticed this, since I found a way that was getting it for me constantly on the various characters I was doing it against in training. I just hold upforward when the lightning legs is happening, then when I see Seth leave the ground I immediately switch to downforward + mk, then switch to holding down as I do the taps and the dive kick at the end.

Got a link to where I can read up on the differences?

Noaloha

Holy fucking shit. I just pulled off my *very* first FFF > Ex.Seismo > BK > Ultra online.

I AM SO FUCKING SELFHYPED

complete fluke

Not to be a dick or anything, I just noticed--Street "Figher" is misspelled in the thread title.

Mods, if you would be so kind? (Or is there some joke I'm not getting?)

cHaotix8

SamVimes said:

Execution aside, Seth is like the hardest character to win with consistently on a high level.

Invisible_Insane said:
Not to be a dick or anything, I just noticed--Street "Figher" is misspelled in the thread title.

Change it to the EX Seismo title while you're at it!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
_dementia said:
lol-no.gif

Oh hey now don't make me actually go buy the damn game again now. Only thing God's Beard is the best at of anything on here is wack ass theory crafting in marvel. :D

SamVimes

zlatko said:
I actually didn't know this. In what way are the toe taps different on various characters? Is it if you just do a raw toe tap, or is the timing different you mean whenever you go for the taps? I hadn't noticed this, since I found a way that was getting it for me constantly on the various characters I was doing it against in training. I just hold upforward when the lightning legs is happening, then when I see Seth leave the ground I immediately switch to downforward + mk, then switch to holding down as I do the taps and the dive kick at the end.

Got a link to where I can read up on the differences?
I mean when you combo into them, i don't have any link but just try it for yourself against Ryu and then Deejay.

Execution aside, Seth is like the hardest character to win with consistently on a high level.
I know, i was talking only about execution.

LProtag

Debating getting a Fightstick from Amazon Warehouse, but I have no idea what condition it's in.

I've watched far too many Street Fighter videos this week for someone who has never played the game before, but then again I'm sitting around in a stupor due to pain medication and the fact that I just got my wisdom teeth out so I think it's a good excuse.

Any good video tutorials for newbies? I've already read a bunch of stuff. Course, I can't put any of it into practice yet.

InsertNameHere said:
Debating getting a Fightstick from Amazon Warehouse, but I have no idea what condition it's in.

I've watched far too many Street Fighter videos this week for someone who has never played the game before, but then again I'm sitting around in a stupor due to pain medication and the fact that I just got my wisdom teeth out so I think it's a good excuse.

Any good video tutorials for newbies? I've already read a bunch of stuff. Course, I can't put any of it into practice yet.
Look up VesperArcade's tutorials. Incredibly comprehensive stuff.

Invisible_Insane said:

Also, it has an Arabic 4 and not the Roman numeral IV like the game box.

Infinite Justice said:
Was Listening the interview with Daigo on Day 2 before AE and the same people he was curious/worried about were the same that did well (Fuudo, Poongko). Plus not fully confident he would take the whole thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBFKxkDfdfg

cool. Thanks for that!!

I wonder if MarkMan has any insight from Daigo post-Evo, or the whole MCZ team in general. Has he spoken with him?

Neki

QisTopTier said:
lol-no.gif

Oh hey now don't make me actually go buy the damn game again now. Only thing God's Beard is the best at of anything on here is wack ass theory crafting in marvel. :D
Q gonna take shots, loool.

Invisible_Insane said:

lol you daaam get on this asap

QisTopTier said:
lol-no.gif

And Jojo's Bizarre Adventure! But yeah, I only played Seth for 2 days and went back to Dudley LOL

USD

Missed it when it was announced live, but here are the results of the GODSGARDEN #4 Vote. The top 10 players receive an invite to the main tournament.

Code:
[B]01. Umehara (Yun)
02. Fuudo (Fei Long)
03. Nemo (Yang)
04. Tokido (Akuma)
05. YHC Mochi (Dhalsim)
06. Sako (Yang)
07. Kazunoko (Yun)
08. Haitani (Makoto)
09. RF (Sagat)
10. Uryo (Sakura)[/B]
11. Ikoma Devil (Vega)
12. KoujiKOG (T.Hawk)
13. Iyo (Ibuki)
14. Mago (Fei Long)
15. Zangitan (Zangief)
16. FAX Gimoto (Makoto)
17. Hadasama (C.Viper)
18. Makoto (Vega)
19. Kindevu (Evil Ryu)
20. Amiyu (Gen)

Also, but I missed a bit of information from earlier. Only 10 (not 11) slots were decided by voting. Momochi (Yun) already received an invite by winning Niconico Stream Battle. The last seed will be decided by a qualifier at a-cho in Kyoto, which will take place on August 14.

Mago fell off pretty hard towards the end, went from #5 to #14 in the course of a few days. I guess his underperformance at EVO had a factor in that.

Top Bottom