• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

USD

Sp00ky playing some Vampire? Godlike.
rivals said:
I'm kinda sad about this. I would have loved to see him in this.
There are still four slots left for filling out the 16-man bracket for the main event, to be decided by a preliminary tournament the day of. 2 brackets, top 2 from each advance to the main tournament. If Mago goes, he still has a chance.

BadWolf

USD said:
Missed it when it was announced live, but here are the results of the GODSGARDEN #4 Vote. The top 10 players receive an invite to the main tournament.

Mago fell off pretty hard towards the end, went from #5 to #14 in the course of a few days. I guess his underperformance at EVO had a factor in that.

Thanks man.

Should be one hell of an event, the top ten is filled with my fave players.

Guess ppl consider Fuudo the superior Fei player now.

zlatko

Banned
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/may/28/using-metronome-improve-your-link-combo-timing/#comments

Anyone ever do use this and care to share their experience?

I REALLY want to improve my execution. I'm super set on learning Seth, but after a few games today I quickly learned one dropped combo = 50% health lost. I want to always be able to hit crouching lp, crouching lp, crouching medium punch, cancel into medium kick thunder legs with Seth. Offline I seem to have consistency. I can do reps of 10, but I can do something like miss 4 in a row, and also once I hit online I drop things non stop.

I'm open to any and all tips and links to what others did to up their execution skills. :(

jlai

zlatko said:
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/may/28/using-metronome-improve-your-link-combo-timing/#comments

Anyone ever do use this and care to share their experience?

I REALLY want to improve my execution. I'm super set on learning Seth, but after a few games today I quickly learned one dropped combo = 50% health lost. I want to always be able to hit crouching lp, crouching lp, crouching medium punch, cancel into medium kick thunder legs with Seth. Offline I seem to have consistency. I can do reps of 10, but I can do something like miss 4 in a row, and also once I hit online I drop things non stop.

I'm open to any and all tips and links to what others did to up their execution skills. :(

Plinking and patience with button presses to ensure linking instead of chaining normals (i think? or vice versa?) are the keys for me

zlatko

Banned
InsertNameHere said:
Outbid on getting a fightstick on ebay for around 100 bucks. The world doesn't want me playing Street Fighter.

Where do you live? Just about every tournament event MadCatz does around 20% off the sticks, so you can get a brand new one for $99.99 for a TE. That's in the USA.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
InsertNameHere said:
Outbid on getting a fightstick on ebay for around 100 bucks. The world doesn't want me playing Street Fighter.
Wow, they're pretty expensive nowadays. I got one on Amazon on sale for close to 100 bucks when they were on sale way back when.

LProtag

zlatko said:
Where do you live? Just about every tournament event MadCatz does around 20% off the sticks, so you can get a brand new one for $99.99 for a TE. That's in the USA.

I'm in CT. 20% off 150 is only 120, plus shipping is close to 130. Might as well do that though if one shows up soon. I've heard about some really great deals from the MadCatz store but apparently they don't do them anymore. Like those 2 for 1 deals sounded amazing.

Rentahamster said:
Wow, they're pretty expensive nowadays. I got one on Amazon on sale for close to 100 bucks when they were on sale way back when.

Yeah I keep reading about all the deals that have passed. Apparently there's been nothing like them lately. I guess this is what I get for being a late adopter, though it isn't as bad as when there was the huge rush for them when they first came out.

jlai

InsertNameHere said:
I'm in CT. 20% off 150 is only 120, plus shipping is close to 130. Might as well do that though if one shows up soon. I've heard about some really great deals from the MadCatz store but apparently they don't do them anymore. Like those 2 for 1 deals sounded amazing.

Yeah I keep reading about all the deals that have passed. Apparently there's been nothing like them lately. I guess this is what I get for being a late adopter, though it isn't as bad as when there was the huge rush for them when they first came out.

Used? I swear I see them for around 100 all the time in the SRK trading outlet

zlatko

Banned
InsertNameHere said:
I'm in CT. 20% off 150 is only 120, plus shipping is close to 130. Might as well do that though. I've heard about some really great deals from the MadCatz store but apparently they don't do them anymore. Like those 2 for 1 deals sounded amazing.

When is the next big fighting tournament event? Wait till then to save yourself a good chunk of change. I just went to their site and they no longer have the TE's I have which is weird. It's the first generation ones, but the first revision which has the background with most of the SF4 cast on a black background. It was like $130.00 on their site BEFORE any discount codes if I remember correctly. :(

Shop around though. You should be able to find a brand new TE for $99.99.

As for mins stream... why is CvS2 so sexy? Rolento <3

LProtag

jlai said:
Used? I swear I see them for around 100 all the time in the SRK trading outlet

I'm starting to lurk around that site. I'm starting to lurk around everywhere because I'm completely new to the scene, haha.

Hopefully Mago and Iyo make it into the tournament. Two of my favorite players. Mago usually does well at Gods Gardens too so he definitely belongs.

LProtag

zlatko said:
When is the next big fighting tournament event? Wait till then to save yourself a good chunk of change. I just went to their site and they no longer have the TE's I have which is weird. It's the first generation ones, but the first revision which has the background with most of the SF4 cast on a black background. It was like $130.00 on their site BEFORE any discount codes if I remember correctly. :(

Shop around though. You should be able to find a brand new TE for $99.99.

As for mins stream... why is CvS2 so sexy? Rolento <3

They've got the TE's. They've got the original artwork, the S series black/white ones as well as MvC3 TE's. They're all 150 and the Marvel is 160. Truth be told, I kinda like the Marvel the best, haha.

InsertNameHere said:
They've got the TE's. They've got the original artwork, the S series black/white ones as well as MvC3 TE's. They're all 150 and the Marvel is 160. Truth be told, I kinda like the Marvel the best, haha.
You live in the States. Why don't you just buy a Brawl stick to start out? Live with the crummy artwork until you decide you love the stick, then mod it with easily orderable parts.

I see sticks in NY, AZ, FL etc. I have to imagine CT has them as well.

LProtag

PalaceBrother said:
You live in the States. Why don't you just buy a Brawl stick to start out? Live with the crummy artwork until you decide you love the stick, then mod it with easily orderable parts.

I see sticks in NY, AZ, FL etc. I have to imagine CT has them as well.

I'm doing surveys on this website for Amazon gift cards. If I don't find a deal sometime soon I'll just spring for a new one from Amazon for 20-25 dollars off. Haha.

I'd rather just invest in a TE if I know I'll eventually be getting one anyway (most likely).

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Professor Beef said:
I have it in my browser history, if you really want to see it.
Actually now that I think about it, I think I have seen it. It wasn't the original, though, it was a photoshop with the MK and SF logos pasted onto the faces.

Meteorain

Alright so I need a little bit of info concerning AE on PC and the alternative costumes. So the new DLC costumes are out and I'm not really feeling the Akuma with a hood and exposing his balls and what not.

So I was wondering is there a way to get the alternate costumes from previous iterations of SF4 (specifically Akuma in the whole battle gear) into AE?

So who do you guys think is gonna win the sbo quals tommorow? My money is on Sanford, Dieminion, Dragon God, or maybe even yipes with his yang. Also are there any big names going to the EC quals not from new york?

What's that pic everyone is talking about? lol.

Anyway, the PC version of AE seems to be hella laggy for me still. The timing is way different compared to the 360/PS3.(i play on both consoles all the time) On the PC version everything just seems off and online just exacerbates the input lag.

oh well, at least the game was only $20 when I bought it.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
The kayo/killerkai pic made me so hot. It was hilarious...

Also, we won't be doing $100 TE sales anymore, sorry! :(

Imm0rt4l

watching cvs2 on the min stream and I gotta say, I'd love a proper release for current gen console in the vein of 3SO. I'd actually prefer cvs2, but that probably won't happen.

Top Bottom