• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

_dementia said:
It must be nice to live for longer than a year off $4k. Unless MMs made up the difference.

Actually Daigo has a regular job.

LOL, he must be playing some serious MMs then! What I meant from my previous post was, Diago I wouldn't think is too concerned about what others think about him and placing top 8 at this years EVO. Because he won last year and the year before that. So let the haters hate because I'm sure he could care less as a former SSF4 champion. As far as his regular job is concern if I'm not mistaken, I believe he is a cook/food tester?

Triple Oceans said:
LOL, he must be playing some serious MMs then! What I meant from my previous post was, Diago I wouldn't think is too concerned about what others think about him and placing top 8 at this years EVO. Because he won last year and the year before that. So let the haters hate because I'm sure he could care less as a former SSF4 champion. As far as his regular job is concern if I'm not mistaken, I believe he is a cook/food tester?
He's a nurse.

Chavelo

Kimosabae said:
He should nurse his game.

600107_oh_you_super-s450x338-117589-580.jpg

Gegz

Banned
Kara "Karaface" Leung (Facebook)

To certain individuals on NeoGaf: There are more than just three pictures. She took some on her phone too. @u1yutty has some on his TwitPic.

Imm0rt4l

Gegz said:

To certain individuals on NeoGaf: There are more than just three pictures. She took some on her phone too. @u1yutty has some on his TwitPic.
lol

Gegz said:

We in there!

I'm sure USD is on the case!

Neki

Gegz said:

lol.

USD coming off a bit too strong maybe.

Gegz said:

Someone get Kara an account, stat!

USD

Gegz said:

I think Nekohashi only had one pic. I was following his Twitter account the whole time, it's how I got a lot of info and pics during EVO.

Also, Gama is Japanese USD confirmed.
Ultimoo said:
lol.

USD coming off a bit too strong maybe.
Heh, probably. I'm not as obsessed as I look though, honestly.

USD

Okay, FUCK Balrog's hitboxes. TWO times the second HP Rekka whiffs on him. That happens to me sometimes when I do HP (1st) → LP (2nd), but on HP? First match of the session and I'm already mad.

EDIT: And now it just happened against Hakan. Not my day I guess.

Edgeward

LOL gaf getting put on notice by Kara. In there.

Can't wait for my hori v3 SA to come in tomorrow. Should work just fine on pc, and if it does I don't know ow much longer I can wait for an AE sale.

Azure J

Just felt like popping in this thread and sharing a record of the funniest set of matches I've had/seen in a while. Basically, I was introducing my siblings (sisters primarily) to Arcade Edition and ran a little mock tournament for it. What I saw was:

- I am complete ass at this game without a slide pad. Laugh if you must. :lol
- The most popular character pick between the five of us was Ibuki with my oldest sister and youngest sis picking her as "character they would main" and myself and my second oldest sis having her as an alternate.
- My brother (16) is pretty damn good at hit confirms and picking up on the fly, but he can't read for anything and the salt floooooooows when you capitalize off that. (<3 Makoto, <3 Juri) also, fuck "Wi-Fi Connection Ryus" and flowchart Kens when you're still learning your fundamentals. :p
- Nothing gets me saltier than being chipped out by my brother's Oni (blocking Ultra I) or Evil Ryu (blocking Ultra II). (Oh yeah, forgot to mention, he's a Shoto-head)
- Nothing gets him saltier than being wake-up Ultra II'd by Makoto. So good.
- My younger sis (19) is noob-tier, but seems interested enough in the game to get better. I need a suggestion for a character that she can learn with until she's confident in the game. She played random and got Vega - Splendid Claw first time. :lol
- My second sis (16) played Cammy and actually got a round off my brother and oldest sis. Interestingly, the only reason she lost later on was because she was going for ultras and couldn't get the motions right before the 3 punches/kicks were pressed.
- My youngest sis (12) is SO FUCKING GODLIKE. Just to give an idea, she played Ibuki and perfected my brother who was in serious mode from us clowning around. He thought I had taken the controller from her to show her how the motions worked/play a round for her without him realizing. She was hitting links I hadn't seen outside of videos on youtube. (Remember I'm pretty much brand new to SSFIV in any variant and I've been exclusively Makoto until recently.) The best part of watching her play was seeing her pokes and reactions to my bro, it was amazing.

Afterwards I asked her how she did it. She goes "button mashing" and laughs. That was some professional ass button mashing. :lol

TL;DR Yeah, we're all scrubs to moderately OK, but it was a blast and I hope I can keep playing like this more. I also really discovered that I fucking love Juri even if Makoto has/always will be #1.

Satyamdas

Banned
AzureJericho said:
Just felt like popping in this thread and sharing a record of the funniest set of matches I've had/seen in a while. Basically, I was introducing my siblings (sisters primarily) to Arcade Edition and ran a little mock tournament for it. What I saw was:

- I am complete ass at this game without a slide pad. Laugh if you must. :lol
- The most popular character pick between the five of us was Ibuki with my oldest sister and youngest sis picking her as "character they would main" and myself and my second oldest sis having her as an alternate.
- My brother (16) is pretty damn good at hit confirms and picking up on the fly, but he can't read for anything and the salt floooooooows when you capitalize off that. (<3 Makoto, <3 Juri) also, fuck "Wi-Fi Connection Ryus" and flowchart Kens when you're still learning your fundamentals. :p
- Nothing gets me saltier than being chipped out by my brother's Oni (blocking Ultra I) or Evil Ryu (blocking Ultra II). (Oh yeah, forgot to mention, he's a Shoto-head)
- Nothing gets him saltier than being wake-up Ultra II'd by Makoto. So good.
- My younger sis (19) is noob-tier, but seems interested enough in the game to get better. I need a suggestion for a character that she can learn with until she's confident in the game. She played random and got Vega - Splendid Claw first time. :lol
- My second sis (16) played Cammy and actually got a round off my brother and oldest sis. Interestingly, the only reason she lost later on was because she was going for ultras and couldn't get the motions right before the 3 punches/kicks were pressed.
- My youngest sis (12) is SO FUCKING GODLIKE. Just to give an idea, she played Ibuki and perfected my brother who was in serious mode from us clowning around. He thought I had taken the controller from her to show her how the motions worked/play a round for her without him realizing. She was hitting links I hadn't seen outside of videos on youtube. (Remember I'm pretty much brand new to SSFIV in any variant and I've been exclusively Makoto until recently.) The best part of watching her play was seeing her pokes and reactions to my bro, it was amazing.

Afterwards I asked her how she did it. She goes "button mashing" and laughs. That was some professional ass button mashing. :lol

TL;DR Yeah, we're all scrubs to moderately OK, but it was a blast and I hope I can keep playing like this more. I also really discovered that I fucking love Juri even if Makoto has/always will be #1.
Dem siblings!

TtR7l.jpg

Azure J

@Saty: Hah, tell me about it! :lol

In other news, I really wanna up my follow-up and mindgames. (Karakusa if possible ->) Poke -> Hayate (repeat using c.MP's godly range) -> EX Oroshi (dance around or footsie out a safe Lvl. 3 Focus for their wakeup if possible -> Karakusa) makes me feel bad for using it so often. I wanna start getting crafty with Hayate cancels and use Fukiage more. :p

Satyamdas

Banned
AzureJericho said:
@Saty: Hah, tell me about it! :lol

In other news, I really wanna up my follow-up and mindgames. (Karakusa if possible ->) Poke -> Hayate (repeat using c.MP's godly range) -> EX Oroshi (dance around or footsie out a safe Lvl. 3 Focus for their wakeup if possible -> Karakusa) makes me feel bad for using it so often. I wanna start getting crafty with Hayate cancels and use Fukiage more. :p
Dude, I have JUST the thing if you want to up your Makoto game! I came across a great video that shows all the finer points of playing as her, and I promise if you do what is shown in this video you will start winning a lot more. Like immediately. You can thank me later. ^_^

Just do what these guys do.

Kimosabae

Banned
Professor Beef said:
Cody players have been doing it since Day 1.

Dat j. Fierce.

But watching the Evo stream, I've realized it's really becoming ubiquitous. I surmise it's due to characters like Fei and the Twins (and to a lesser extent, Viper and Mak) getting more play. Playing online last night, people were spamming this shit. I assume in anticipation of advancing Specials has people n. Jumping all over the place. Getting irritating.

Then again, I've been spamming that shit forever myself.

*shrug*

Threi

notag
further down the rabbit hole i go

ragequitting on people now (missed dash ultra - i only land it about 10% but its still heartbreaking every time you miss it)

felt awful though so i sent an apology message.

LProtag

Now I'm all torn between trying to get a modded SE fightstick or just sucking it up and taking a hit to my wallet for a TE for a little more.

... I really just want to start playing this game, haha.

InsertNameHere said:
Now I'm all torn between trying to get a modded SE fightstick or just sucking it up and taking a hit to my wallet for a TE for a little more.

... I really just want to start playing this game, haha.

play with pad first

Azure J

Satyamdas said:
Dude, I have JUST the thing if you want to up your Makoto game! I came across a great video that shows all the finer points of playing as her, and I promise if you do what is shown in this video you will start winning a lot more. Like immediately. You can thank me later. ^_^

Just do what these guys do.

OK, I laughed. :lol

Threi

notag
cackhyena said:
I consider you irritatingly good, threi.
don't get me wrong, im not trying to discredit your opinion or anything (i'll take the compliment thanks :D) but how many deejays have you've seen play?

Top Bottom