• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Satyamdas said:
Dude, I have JUST the thing if you want to up your Makoto game! I came across a great video that shows all the finer points of playing as her, and I promise if you do what is shown in this video you will start winning a lot more. Like immediately. You can thank me later. ^_^

Just do what these guys do.
Like that crosshanded play at the end. Stylin' on 'em.

cackhyena

Threi said:
don't get me wrong, im not trying to discredit your opinion or anything (i'll take the compliment thanks :D) but how many deejays have you've seen play?
Not too many as I don't go searching for Dee Jay replays, I guess, but I've run across my fair share. As a Ryu player ( primarily ) there's few I haven't been able to dissect after a few matches at the very most. You trounced me every time we played in kadey's lobby.

cackhyena

What? I ran across plenty in Vanilla. This is nothing new. I'm not seeing any more than I had before AE. It's a staple of online Chuns everywhere, practically.

Satyamdas

Banned
Yeah neutral jumping has always been common, shit aint new. Especially for characters like Chun and Fei with a neutral jump roundhouse which hits on both sides, and characters like Sak and Cody who like to use it on the opponents wakeup as a mini mixup. But everyone neutral jumps, all the time.

Kimosabae

Banned
The question proposed wasn't really "Is it new?" It was "Is there an increase in frequency?"

Subjectively, I'm going to state that it seems so.

cackhyena said:
What? I ran across plenty in Vanilla. This is nothing new. I'm not seeing any more than I had before AE. It's a staple of online Chuns everywhere, practically.

What character do you play?

Edgeward

Ugh, I've hit that phase where my execution now gets worse instead of better and it's affected everything I do. Just disgusted with myself.

notworksafe

Two quick ideas for Fighting GAF shirts. If people like them I can send them to Evilore.

HP3Ig.png

Bd1ye.png

My PS skills aren't great so I apologize ahead of time if everyone hates them.

Kimosabae

Banned
I'd like to have the orange/grey on the joystick as well (since it represents the actual logo most fully). As is, both are quite ill (I like the font on the first better, though).

notworksafe

Ya i just kinda slapped them together real quick. The first font is obv the SSF4 font, the second is the Capcom logo font but that doesn't show as well without the yellow/blue.

I'll work on coloring the balltop too. It's just tedious to do with a mouse and I wanted to show off my basic ideas before putting all the work into it.

Edgeward

Out of the two, I like the second one much better.

You could also just a Ryu silhouette throwing a hadouken with the neogaf symbol, or just the word NEO-GAF itself coming out of the palms.

Or if it's too cliche, just put our favorite foreigner of year Poongko's Seth doing a tandem engine spitting out NEOGAF.

Just some stupid ideas I have.

notworksafe

Edgeward said:
Out of the two, I like the second one much better.

You could also just a Ryu silhouette throwing a hadouken with the neogaf symbol, or just the word NEO-GAF itself coming out of the palms.

Or if it's too cliche, just put our favorite foreigner of year Poongko's Seth doing a tandem engine spitting out NEOGAF.

Just some stupid ideas I have.
I was gonna do an SF character thing too...but Evi said no using other company's characters or copyrights. So I don't think I'll be able to do that. I'll PM him and ask if silhouette are allowed. Same problem might apply to USD's av too. :(

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
I'm about to read the entire EVO thread, I was kinda sad that I didn't get to post in it but actually being at the event made up for that and then some. :p

I'm still really impressed that it hit 20k posts even without me spamming it up, but I guess thats not that surprising when you consider EVO got 2 million unique viewers.

Imm0rt4l

Well their were a couple times where you would get 100+ posts of "HOLY SHIT" or "OMG" "JUSTING WONG" etc.....usually all within 2 or 3 minutes.

Number45

notworksafe said:
Actually someone else already did that, but it didn't get put in the store. Copyright again maybe?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29807160&postcount=1567
If the font isn't available for free, you won't be able to use it without the express permission of the owner. I'm guessing that's why.

I like the second design, although I don't think it needs to say NEOGAF anywhere. I like the idea of a standard stick and six buttons, with the ball of the stick being the GAF logo. Just not sure what colours would work best.

Rocwell

notworksafe said:
Two quick ideas for Fighting GAF shirts. If people like them I can send them to Evilore.

http://i.imgur.com/HP3Ig.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Bd1ye.png

My PS skills aren't great so I apologize ahead of time if everyone hates them.
This would be awesome if you could do the buttons in perspective to match the stick, or at least do the staggered button layout with the first button lower than the others.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Satyamdas said:
I don't get what is so trollish about his letter to Daigo? Sure it is kind of melodramatic, but the point he was making is valid. All this superfluous "villains vs. heroes", "heel vs. face", "God vs. Ham n Egger" shit is like some weird attempt by players and observers to shoehorn wrestling storyline drama into something that doesn't really need it.

Does being cast as the "villain" bother Daigo, or have any effect on his psyche? I don't know, but probably not. Did Latif beating Daigo send out shockwaves of hope and inspiration to players everywhere that we too can beat the best if we just train harder? I doubt it, but then again with this "David vs. Goliath" mentality of making things bigger than they actually are I'm sure there are players like that OP who see Latif beat Daigo and get inspired/motivated by it.

So no, you are not a "villain", but a "sparring partner" and a "companion" in the collective mission of every player to become the best he can be.
So I hope to see you next time, stronger than ever, "doing your thing" and encouraging all of us work even harder.

Maybe I'm just not cynical enough to see that and think "troll".

Correct. I kinda had the wrong idea and missed the point the first time around.

Rocwell said:
This would be awesome if you could do the buttons in perspective to match the stick, or at least do the staggered button layout with the first button lower than the others.

Yep I'm liking this idea. Make it look like a full stick.

Both look great though.

notworksafe

TY for the suggestions duders. I'll work on different images based on what people are requesting and then we can just pick which 2 people like the most and I'll send them to Evilore.

I'm a pretty new player and am trying to learn some of Cammy's combos. I can pull of her specials pretty consistently but I'm having a very tough time with the timing on her combos. I managed to clear her 10th trial on sheer luck. I can't replicate it.

It's an embarrassingly straightforward one: Jumping HK, standing HP into a Cannon Spike. I can do the first two every time but I just can't "cancel" into the CS with any regularity. I've been practicing a standing HP into a CS but I hit it 10% of the time.

The thing is I'm just not really sure at what point in the animation/hit confirmation that I'm supposed to execute the CS. I'm assuming that I need to use the forward motion from the HP as the first input of the DP motion, but it doesn't work.

I feel like I'm missing something pretty fundamental about the timing in this game. Does anybody have any suggestions or tips for a novice?

PS-If anybody wants a punching bag on XBL hit me up. "SEN0R MachoSolo", first 0 is a zero. Beware my fearsome 20% win rate.

XenoRaven

I'm not a Cammy player but I'm pretty sure only close standing HP cancels into CS. An actual Cammy player would be able to confirm this.

Axis

PalaceBrother said:
I'm a pretty new player and am trying to learn some of Cammy's combos. I can pull of her specials pretty consistently but I'm having a very tough time with the timing on her combos. I managed to clear her 10th trial on sheer luck. I can't replicate it.

It's an embarrassingly straightforward one: Jumping HK, standing HP into a Cannon Spike. I can do the first two every time but I just can't "cancel" into the CS with any regularity. I've been practicing a standing HP into a CS but I hit it 10% of the time.

The thing is I'm just not really sure at what point in the animation/hit confirmation that I'm supposed to execute the CS. I'm assuming that I need to use the forward motion from the HP as the first input of the DP motion, but it doesn't work.

I feel like I'm missing something pretty fundamental about the timing in this game. Does anybody have any suggestions or tips for a novice?

PS-If anybody wants a punching bag on XBL hit me up. "SEN0R MachoSolo", first 0 is a zero. Beware my fearsome 20% win rate.

i find it's easiest to do the s.hp xx cs combo if you do the dp motion hit hp then just press whichever strength kick button you want for the CS...it's pretty much undroppable that way

if you want some cammy help and have a mic i can help you on xbl as i main her...if you're in the US, at least D:

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
XenoRaven said:
I'm not a Cammy player but I'm pretty sure only close standing HP cancels into CS. An actual Cammy player would be able to confirm this.

If he's doing trials, then yeah. But far st.hp works in AE.

Axis said:
i find it's easiest to do the s.hp xx cs combo if you do the dp motion hit hp then just press whichever strength kick button you want for the CS...it's pretty much undroppable that way

if you want some cammy help and have a mic i can help you on xbl as i main her...if you're in the US, at least D:

So even though you've hit HP after the DP motion, you can still follow up with a K and the DP motion will be buffered? Great tip, thanks.

I'd definitely be up for some matches on XBL. I'm in Canada but my connection to US players is generally quite good. Does the SE fighstick even have a spot for the XBL mic? It looks like the form factor wouldn't accommodate it.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
PhatSaqs said:
Anti dive kick technology lol.

Hmm, I saw I think Latif do wake up nj against daigos divekicks and each time he ate upkicks.

cHaotix8

PalaceBrother said:
So even though you've hit HP after the DP motion, you can still follow up with a K and the DP motion will be buffered? Great tip, thanks.

I'd definitely be up for some matches on XBL. I'm in Canada but my connection to US players is generally quite good. Does the SE fighstick even have a spot for the XBL mic? It looks like the form factor wouldn't accommodate it.

I would practice trying to do the DP motion after the HP. That way if you ever play a character with a command normal (like Dudley with forward RH) you won't accidentally get the wrong input.

Top Bottom