• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well just picked this up along with a fightpad. Need to get more familiar with it before I venture online though it already feels more solid trying to use the standard controller. Still wish I could afford an arcade stick.

Leunam said:
You know what's going to be guaranteed to suck ass and no one will ever find setups for?

Soul Satellite.

Rose got the shaft on that one. She'll never be above P tier.

Wot? Soul satellie is awesome for the options it gives Rose and you can combo into it with soul spark. And the damage output - when used with her other other normals is pretty good too.

Solid_Rain said:
Wot? Soul satellie is awesome for what it gives Rose and you can combo into it with soul spark. And the damage output - when used with other her other normals is pretty good too.

thatsthejoke.gif

Articate

Banned
bluebird said:
You can see a whole change list and a slew of more details at Event Hubs.

Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for :) Also learnt about Kara Throws from that page, so double thanks! (heard about the Kara during Evo!)

Now I will break open my game and have some fun!

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
unts-unts-unts

yoshi, get your sexy some 360 supah so we can play. If money is an issue np, I'll donate say...hmm 300kr for teh gaem gogogo buy buy buy

jacobs34

I guess since there is a new thread, I might as well put my info back out there.

XBL GT= FooFighter85

Main= Dat 'Rog
Alt 1= Bison
Alt 2= Guile
Alt 3= Honda
Alt 4= DeeJay

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Corky said:
unts-unts-unts

yoshi, get your sexy some 360 supah so we can play. If money is an issue np, I'll donate say...hmm 300kr for teh gaem gogogo buy buy buy
:lol :lol Thanks for the donation but I'll definitely manage. Will buy it next month and send you a PM asking you if you're READYYYYYYYY!

Kaako

Felium Defensor
MattyH said:
i think gamerbee has caused a real buzz in adon the number of adons i faught last night on 360
Haha nice. I wonder how many of em will actually stick with him though. Adon was the first character I stuck with once Super was out. Love his pressure and rushdown game.

SUPARSTARX

MattyH said:
i think gamerbee has caused a real buzz in adon the number of adons i faught last night on 360
yeah he did lol I fought a bunch and beat like all of them. I think a lot of the newcomers are gonna just drop him once they find that he doesn't have any brain dead spammable chain combos. 95% of his combos are links.

Hugbot

XBL: GiantKillerRobo
Main: Zangief
Alt1: Ryu~
Alt2: I am bad at this videogame

Puttin' this up to get schooled, etc.

Does anybody have any advice for the trial modes? With a bit more feedback about when you are getting timing right and wrong they could have been a fantastic training tool but as such most of the time even when I get it right I can't tell what's different about my timing that time versus previous attempts.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
XBL GT: pankaksreborn
Main: Ryu
Alt: Ken, Fei-Long, Scrub Ibuki :(
EST

Hugbot

Die Squirrel Die said:
Does anybody have any advice for the trial modes? With a bit more feedback about when you are getting timing right and wrong they could have been a fantastic training tool but as such most of the time even when I get it right I can't tell what's different about my timing that time versus previous attempts.
Youtube some videos with the fight stick/pad shown, watch carefully, and try them out in trial mode with inputs shown on the screen. Other than that it's just sort of feeling out the proper timing, but at least this way you can confirm what you need to be doing, that you are hitting the right inputs, and see what it looks like pulled off properly.

You may be able to turn on inputs in the trial mode, I don't remember.

Corky

Yoshichan said:
:lol :lol Thanks for the donation but I'll definitely manage. Will buy it next month and send you a PM asking you if you're READYYYYYYYY!

oh snap, hot unadulterated steamy man on man action ahead of us. Hypothetically speaking.

Wiseblade

My two favourite threads have bitten the dust. :(

EDIT: Yoshichan getting Dat Super on 360?! Hype! now we really need to have a big euroGAF lobby.

EDIT 2: 219 Posts in the old thread. I need to actually play the game more...

Corky

Wiseblade said:

and from their ashes arise this phoenix of profound sadness

also

GT xbl : Corcy100
yurop
trying to main gorlab
23/m/lobby

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Corky said:
oh snap, hot unadulterated steamy man on man action ahead of us. Hypothetically speaking.
It's on.
Wiseblade said:
EDIT: Yoshichan getting Dat Super on 360?! Hype! now we really need to have a big euroGAF lobby.
Hype is big for me as well! So many new players to fight and learn on 360 :( It's gonna hurt.

Wall O' Shame:
4tpkko.jpg

Corky

Wiseblade said:

first of all we need to set in stone the members for this little -soon to be a cult- of ours. Also I have no idea

hi, whats going on guys?

Hugbot said:
Youtube some videos with the fight stick/pad shown, watch carefully, and try them out in trial mode with inputs shown on the screen. Other than that it's just sort of feeling out the proper timing, but at least this way you can confirm what you need to be doing, that you are hitting the right inputs, and see what it looks like pulled off properly.

You may be able to turn on inputs in the trial mode, I don't remember.

That worked a bit, still getting stuck on some but I guess I can't expect to master it after an hour. Thanks though.

Mike M

Nick N
XBL: MisterMiksch

Main: Balrog
Alt: Haven't decided yet.

I'm not the best in the world, but I'm trying to get better. I've got a tournament this Sunday at the local used game shop, so I've got to level up, stat!

Wiseblade

Corky said:
first of all we need to set in stone the members for this little -soon to be a cult- of ours. Also I have no idea

hi, whats going on guys?

Team EuroGAF

Wiseblade
Corky
Spirit of Jazz
Rokitty
MicVlaD
B Genius
Yoshichan

I feel like I'm missing someone...

XenoRaven

the_log_ride said:
Wall O' Shame:
4tpkko.jpg
Hey, it's zlatko!

Also, I gotta post more so I can be on the Wall of Shame next time. Should wishing I was on the Wall of Shame actually make me more ashamed than the people on the Wall of Shame?

Corky

Wiseblade said:
Team EuroGAF

Wiseblade
Corky
Spirit of Jazz
Rokitty
MicVlaD
B Genius
Yoshichan

I feel like I'm missing someone...

my mang V_arnold

though I think his GT is different