• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pandaman said:
i need a hobby. >_>
how do you think I feel?
I haven't even played SSFIV in over a month :/

Hugbot said:
So, what would I have to do to use my 360 stick on a PS3? Or, how much would I have to pay for someone else to do it?
PM akuma001 for prices, he does a great service for many a gaffer

the_log_ride said:
Doomo Arigatoo Gozaimashita.

FYI, it's Guile's theme from Super SFII. Hyper had several different versions of his theme.

His best theme, imo, was Strange Sunset from EX.

I hope Ono's announcement is an update/arcade release of SSFIV. I can't see Capcom releasing SFIV and developing both Darkstalkers and MVC3 at the same time.

But then again during the hallowed days of CPS2, they did drop ST in spring 94, followed by Darkstalkers in fall 94, X-Men Winter 94/95, Nightwarriors Spring 95....Alpha 1 Fall 95, Marvel Super Heroes Fall 95.

I hope with the update they balance a few things like that wicked Rufus U2. I felt sorry for Daigo. He jumped. Dead. He fireball. Dead. Rufus, Abel, Sagat, Chun and maybe a few others are the only ones with two good ultras (well ones people know how to effectively utilize).

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Oh, so new policies on thread lengths, that is interesting. I bet this one will be up to 25k in no time with Kadey and Markman teasing/flirting/whatever-they-do. :lol

_dementia said:
how do you think I feel?
I haven't even played SSFIV in over a month :/

PM akuma001 for prices, he does a great service for many a gaffer

This. Jay is awesome. I need to send him a few more sticks to dual mod. I hate having to press the Guide button on my dual-mod.

And congrats on being the biggest SF fan in the last thread. I was up there in the original SFIV thread. But I slipped in the last one. I'm coming for the title, Hulk Hogan!!

riceandbeans said:
Shit.

3000-8000BP players?

Geez I only play up to 1000BP people. This is gonna be interesting :lol

NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER SURRENDER!

Following the close of EVO, I took to PSN and played some endless/ranked. The inspiration I drew from watching the streams all weekend paid off in me getting some hate mail. 'So strange to feel good after being verbally abused by random scrubs.

And I missed another rage quit again, despite having my camera at the ready to snap the screenshot... ;\

MattyH

guys quick question well two
1)how did Juicebox do did he reach finals?
2)whats with the gooteks hate/shit ive read in the past?

vg260

riceandbeans said:
Shit.

3000-8000BP players?

Geez I only play up to 1000BP people. This is gonna be interesting :lol

3000-4000 shouldn't be too intimidating. I have 3 characters around 3500, and I'm really not very good. :p I dunno how the matching system works, because I got matched up one time with a 15,000BP Ryu while I was just trying to learn a new character enough to get up to C rank (1000 BP) for that one achievement. I was happy to almost pull out one round.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
MattyH said:
guys quick question well two
1)how did Juicebox do did he reach finals?
2)whats with the gooteks hate/shit ive read in the past?
Juicebox lost in top 32

in fact..

ALL the Abels lost in top 32 :(

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Adon army is out in full force. It's alright.

3096a03.jpg

35dcnyf.jpg

2jakfw6.jpg

2mfbxva.jpg

http://www.eventhubs.com/ said:
Yoshinori Ono stated at EVO 2010 that he'll be announcing something in two weeks that should get people very excited. He said this new project will be coming in about a year.

Since Ono made this announcement at EVO, it's extremely likely that it's fighting game related and he said previously that Super Street Fighter 4 is nothing compared to what's coming.

He apparently also said that it's not Capcom vs. SNK 3 or a DarkStalkers sequel, though.

During his speech at EVO, Ono went on to add that Street Fighter 4 won't stop — since the arcade version is coming — he paused there, but said he couldn't say any more.

In about two weeks, Comic-Con is taking place, and Ono mentioned he might have a trailer of the game to show at that convention.

Gives credence to the rumor.

vg260

Champion edition update? Didn't that twitter pic of his tease something reminiscent of the Champion edition art?

Wiseblade

Spiderjericho said:
I hope Ono's announcement is an update/arcade release of SSFIV. I can't see Capcom releasing SFIV and developing both Darkstalkers and MVC3 at the same time.

The arcade release has been confirmed for a long time and has a good chance of releasing this year. It wouldn't be too unlikely for capcom to make a darkstalkers/rival schools game off of the SFIV engine and do a Minor port while the TvC team work on MvC3. The main issue would be if they're confident enough to potentially release a new Fighting game every year.

Sblargh

Banned
Ugh.
There's so many stuff I just feel I don't have the skill for it, even if I have the knowledge.
Like reacting quick enough with an ultra when people fireball you or hit confirming when the combo string isn't too long.

I'm also playing Makoto and having such a difficult time escaping rushdowns, even knowing that I can counter crossups with that pseudo-shroyuken of hers (and do a nice combo out of it), most of the time I'm more guessing than reacting.

:lol ^^^

dat Adon army!!!

Hito seen me at full on 100% salty rage last night!! :lol :lol

to make it worse, i was Raging after wins :lol

i just wanted to practice last night, didn't feel competitive, but i got suckered into some games, note to self, never play when not feeling competitive!

Wiseblade said:
The arcade release has been confirmed for a long time and has a good chance of releasing this year. It wouldn't be too unlikely for capcom to make a darkstalkers/rival schools game off of the SFIV engine and do a Minor port while the TvC team work on MvC3. The main issue would be if they're confident enough to potentially release a new Fighting game every year.

Salesage, how did TVC do? I also heard SSFIV didn't do too hot compared to the 2 million plus SFIV.

And back in the day, there was a thriving arcade market (in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Latin America, etc), which gave them a one-two revenue punch.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Woo, got new goodies in the mail to add to my streaming repertoire. Now I can play in HD at the same time, and hopefully minimize the lag on my end. Gotta test this shit out.

I don't suppose we have enough interest to do a quickie 8-man tourney (tournament mode) sometime?

SUPARSTARX said:
Damn Kadey, why are you so nice?

I wish she would've went to Evo and participated at Evo and entered the women's tournament.

And I know I caught a lot of flack in the Evo thread, but the top two players in that tournament >>> Spiderjericho.

Ysiadmihi said:
Finally got another Xbox. Feels good to be playing Guy again

Definitely going to hit you up when I'm back in Cali. You had a nice Cammy.

Axis

Rentahamster said:
Woo, got new goodies in the mail to add to my streaming repertoire. Now I can play in HD at the same time, and hopefully minimize the lag on my end. Gotta test this shit out.

I don't suppose we have enough interest to do a quickie 8-man tourney (tournament mode) sometime?

we have an endless with 5 of us already if you wanna test it out here?

hitsugi

As usual, people try to bandwagon a character and just start getting scraped. Adon isn't that simple to play effectively and you can beat just about any scrubby Adon by doing two things - walking backward and jumping straight up.

that said, I tried to use Adon back when I first saw Gamerbee vids a few months ago.. and was sorely disappointed; just not my style of play.

hitsugi said:
As usual, people try to bandwagon a character and just start getting scraped. Adon isn't that simple to play effectively and you can beat just about any scrubby Adon by doing two things - walking backward and jumping straight up.

:(

Gamerbee got thwarted by jumping fierce. I was so sad. Mike Ross had the matchup figured out.

Infiltration could've been in the finals if he had stopped doing that retarded reset on Ricky. Every time he did it, he ate a EX Messiah Kick.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
-DarKaoZ- said:
Oh, so new policies on thread lengths, that is interesting. I bet this one will be up to 25k in no time with Kadey and Markman teasing/flirting/whatever-they-do. :lol

I'd give top dollar to be in the middle of a kadey-markman sandwich.

...yeah

black_vegeta said:
Yeah we are still playing

GGs, thanks for the invite.

That Ryu match left me salty as fuck. Hate picking U1 or using Super with Chun Li since it hardly comes out right with the 360 analog. Funny thing, I go into Training Mode after, and I pull it off 4 times in a row.

You guys on another level. Couldn't squeak out a single win. I'll stick to 1000BP players. Low-level play ftw.

MIMIC

Banned
I wish the game had a feature where you can automatically save a match that you are currently playing. I mean, you could always exit out of the lobby and save (so the file won't be overwritten) but....you have to exit out of the lobby.

XenoRaven

riceandbeans said:

That Ryu match left me salty as fuck. Hate picking U1 or using Super with Chun Li since it hardly comes out right with the 360 analog. Funny thing, I go into Training Mode after, and I pull it off 4 times in a row.

You guys on another level. Couldn't squeak out a single win. I'll stick to 1000BP players. Low-level play ftw.
Haha. It was fun man. Hit me up sometime if you ever want some Chun training. Although there are people here better suited to that. Still, there's some stuff I can show you.

LosDaddie

Banned
Spiderjericho said:
Infiltration could've been in the finals if he had stopped doing that retarded reset on Ricky. Every time he did it, he ate a EX Messiah Kick.

Yup. You'd think after the third or so time, he would've adjusted his strategy, but nope. He kept eating thos EX kicks.

hitsugi

Spiderjericho said:

Gamerbee got thwarted by jumping fierce. I was so sad. Mike Ross had the matchup figured out.

I don't know if figuring the match up out is randomly hitting fierce, doing more neutral jumps and holding down-back. but then again, that's honda and those are real strats for him :lol seemed like Gamerbee got a little shook up by some of those combos and was messing up timing on neutral j.HK vs Ross' wake up and other things.

one thing that surprised me is that I didn't see Gamerbee do a single jag kick.. like, ever. even once just to mix things up a little or make them consider it D:

as for Infiltration, I have no idea of what the hell was going on in his head when he kept attempting those resets vs Ricky with meter. My only guess is that he thought he could whiff and land safely, block EX messiah and then U2.. but it never happened and it cost him the game.

SUPARSTARX

riceandbeans said:

lol sorry, I was just trying to feel you out the first round. My Ryu is not that great but I'm still learning his match ups too. Brb busy mimicking Daigo as best as I can

Teddy Hawk representtttttt

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Axis said:
we have an endless with 5 of us already if you wanna test it out here?
Oh cool, but I can't set it up right at this moment, though. I was thinking more like sometime in the next couple days or so.

Anyway, I'll keep an eye out for more GAF lobbies and try to jump in.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
LosDaddie said:
Yup. You'd think after the third or so time, he would've adjusted his strategy, but nope. He kept eating thos EX kicks.
I think he was trying to set up a safe jump/flip so he could hit with the Demon spinaroony

Imm0rt4l

Spiderjericho said:

yea that reset was disrespectful as fuck, should have had tokido in finals.

yeah, I kept face palming when Infiltration tried to reset instead of ending the tatsu with a sweep and intiate a vortex. But Infllitration seemd to be content enough and liked to put on a show.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Link to that fight?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
why
cant
I
fucking
safe jump

God I suck soo much....

If I jump against a knocked down opponent as balrog, and do a HK in the last second against a wakeup shoryu I should be able to block it right? And if he only blocks & crouches he should get hit by my HK right? RITE?!

:(, what am I doing wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom