• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
_dementia said:
http://www.youtube.com/user/evo2kvids

also wall of shame for the last thread

OioEx.png

-_-
i need a hobby. >_>

Yackie

I got in on that Madcatz Evo sale and picked up a TE stick. Should be arriving in the next couple days! I'm totally hyped.

I'm sort of a beginner in this game, I was wondering if you guy had any tips on what I should be doing to maximize my training and practice? My plan is to just practice until I have all of the moves down so I can do them in my sleep, and then pick a few combos and practice them until I can pull them off 100%. Then move on to online play. Or should I jump in to online sooner? What did you guys do to get where you are now as far as skill?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Yackie said:
I got in on that Madcatz Evo sale and picked up a TE stick. Should be arriving in the next couple days! I'm totally hyped.

I'm sort of a beginner in this game, I was wondering if you guy had any tips on what I should be doing to maximize my training and practice? My plan is to just practice until I have all of the moves down so I can do them in my sleep, and then pick a few combos and practice them until I can pull them off 100%. Then move on to online play. Or should I jump in to online sooner? What did you guys do to get where you are now as far as skill?

this shit is the bomb , http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2008/jul/08/street-fighter-4-strategy-guide-hints-and-tips/

when you're comfortable enough with whats written there head over to SRK for the stickies filled with cool stuff

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Yackie said:

Normal moves are just as important as special moves. Get familiar with what your buttons do.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Degen said:
Can't wait for Super Street Fighter IV Turbo 3D Remix

I bet youre being sarcastic but I'll take that over any game any day

Wiseblade

Pandaman said:
friends dont let friends not have salty dhalsim vs hakan ft10s.

Speaking of FT10s... :D

Which reminds me... I challenged Kadey to a FT5 and she chickened out! I'm re-extending the challenge to you, too!

I am now a Ryu player lols

not really:
XBL: OmnipotentO
Main: C. Viper
Alts: Makoto, Feilong

Still waiting for my Xbox to get back from repair though UUUGGGGHHHH.....
should be back online in 1-2 weeks

Hugbot

Degen said:
Can't wait for Super Street Fighter IV Turbo 3D Remix
"I wonder if anyone has thought of this sweet SSF4 Turbo joke before. Better make it fast, so no one beats me to the punch!"

Imm0rt4l

I was holding a conversation with a friend on psn and he was telling me that Mike Ross is garbage and kept saying how great akimo and that Sanford kelly is a joke. He of course kept saying that he wished more japanese players came -_-. I hope with the new EVO Japan, some more japanese players will maybe perhaps win trips to EVO US and vice versa, and we'll see that we can hang with Japan. U-S-A! U-S-A!

maybe oichi can give us some details on what to expect?

gibration

Yackie said:

The #1 thing is to just go into training mode and work on your execution. Also, watch some high level play videos floating around youtube, do some trials to pick up some combos and move to online play every once in a while to test your skills against a live opponent. Online play can help cut down on what exactly it is you need to beat your opponent.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Wiseblade said:
Speaking of FT10s... :D

Which reminds me... I challenged Kadey to a FT5 and she chickened out! I'm re-extending the challenge to you, too!
my roommate got a job in london and took his xbox with him. ;_;

all of you guys should just upgrade to the ps3, its the official gafsf4 console.

XenoRaven

Pandaman said:

all of you guys should just upgrade to the ps3, its the official gafsf4 console.
I'm gonna get the PS3 version when that Chun TE stick comes out because I'm a hopeless fanboy and need an excuse to buy it, but already have 2 360 TEs. >_>

Hugbot

XenoRaven said:
I'm gonna get the PS3 version when that Chun TE stick comes out because I'm a hopeless fanboy and need an excuse to buy it, but already have 2 360 TEs. >_>
Yeah, I'd have to buy a second stick or get mine modded to work on both systems. I am still trying to get it looking pretty, I don't have this kind of money!

gibration

Pandaman said:

Sony should just come out with a SSF4 PlayStation 3 GAF Edition. :p

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
the_log_ride said:
O, Agni, please accept my humble thanks for the power you have granted me over the oily one.
your god of fire will be smothered in hakan inc. special blend of virgin olive oil .

Wiseblade

Pandaman said:

Really? Small world!

360 is the de facto tournament standard in Europe. Titles like Tekken, Soul Calibur and Blazblue are run on PS3s with titles like HDR, SSFIV and KoF on 360. However the number of entrants for the 360 games regularly outweigh the number on PS3 consoles. KoF 13 and Marvel 3 are likely to be played on 360s at tournaments too. You can kid of tell a PS3 Super player because they're the one with the dual-modded stick. :D

I always appear more than a few times in the early parts of these threads, and then they take off on some next-level shit and I can never keep up. :lol

XBL: xerograv11
PSN: captmcblack
Main: Blanka (i'm sorry)
Alts: Guile, Boxer, T. Hawk

REV 09

fightpad worth getting? casual fan, but i've noticed that some inputs are just impossible with the 360 controller. Can i do all of the inputs with the fightpad or is a stick "required"?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
REV 09 said:
fightpad worth getting? casual fan, but i've noticed that some inputs are just impossible with the 360 controller. Can i do all of the inputs with the fightpad or is a stick "required"?
Not required if you're used to pad. Of course every input is manageable (more or less) with pad.

gibration

REV 09 said:
Any input is possible on a 360 pad but it's just that the fight pad makes it more accessible. If you're a casual fan than I would recommend just getting the fightpad.

Wiseblade

REV 09 said:
One of the top 8 players at EVO today (yesterday?) was using a fightpad. Another used a stock PS3 pad. Just use whatever you're comfortable with.

buy a stick, they're on sale!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
REV 09 said:
thanks, is the fightpad noticeably better than the 360 controller?
YES, it is. It's almost a universal opinion that the 360 pad is terrible for 2D fighters... fix the fightpad asap if you've decided for a pad.

Yackie

Corky said:
this shit is the bomb , http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2008...ints-and-tips/
when you're comfortable enough with whats written there head over to SRK for the stickies filled with cool stuff

Hitokage said:
Normal moves are just as important as special moves. Get familiar with what your buttons do.

gibration said:
The #1 thing is to just go into training mode and work on your execution. Also, watch some high level play videos floating around youtube, do some trials to pick up some combos and move to online play every once in a while to test your skills against a live opponent. Online play can help cut down on what exactly it is you need to beat your opponent.

OmnipotentO said:
Great for fighting games in general:
Beginner part 1
Beginner par 2
Intermediate
Advanced
Read Maj's stuff
I recommend the Footsie Handbook, Mandatory Reading, Turtling Methodology, Rushdown mindset
shoryuken.com
eventhubs.com
youtube character tutorials/tips
watching youtube vids of top players
in game trials
just play/practice

Thanks for all the tips! I've got some work to do, but I'm looking forward to the challenge/headache.

Hugbot

So, what would I have to do to use my 360 stick on a PS3? Or, how much would I have to pay for someone else to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom