• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all respect to MarkMan, Team MadCatz is the lamest combination possible.

Every single player uses a Shoto and Guile. Let's be real now. Nobody likes a Guile player.

USD

I have to say, Team EG did really well. Not overly surprising they lost to Team Mad Catz, but hey, at least they didn't get OCV'd like almost everyone else (Tokido's team didn't get OCV'd, but they all got beasted by Momochi nonetheless) and actually forced Daigo to play. Ricky pulled off two OCVs and Marn's Dudley was on point the entire night. EG/Mad Catzefinitely was the best match in the tourney, grand finals was snooze fest.

Nice to see Tokido bounce back. I think some people felt he dropped off a bit with his recent international performances in France and at Evo. But he beat both Marn and Justin in exhibition matches to show that he's still one of the very best in the world.

TheSeks said:
Something I've noticed.

Even in AI vs AI mode, Juri "players" don't use her Ultra 1. :lol
:lol

noneofexion said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8evjiixiZSw&hd=1

HD alt costumes, EN version.

Juri's Ultra 2 startup animation looks different in the video, different shot...@1:11 and they do a weird light effect. Trailer censorship!
It is and holy fuck if its what i think it is THE START UP IS IN THE ANIMATION IT MIGHT BE ABLE TO BE USED FOR A PUNISH NOW! the thing i have a issue with is yun/yang are shown (but not their alt costumes) so that animation is likely from SSF4A

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How old is Sakura now again? Gorgeous alt.

Chun Li's alt? Terrible. I hate alpha and this reminds me a lot of her costume in it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
DasRaven said:
Well, that's the point. It is also the single most requested alt since Vanilla.
Oh the potential dressing we got when dressing up Chun... and we choose that bland one? If that's our "request" since Vanilla then ugh, terrible decision.

Yoshichan

:lol :lol :lol

cHaotix8

Marn did really well in Japan. I'm wondering if it's the Japanese players unfamiliarity with Dudley or if he's just out playing them.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
God's Beard said:

Every single player uses a Shoto and Guile. Let's be real now. Nobody likes a Guile player.

Not really all that lame. Only Machi used Guile.

Daigo/Momochi stuck to their guns the whole way.

cHaotix8 said:
Marn did really well in Japan. I'm wondering if it's the Japanese players unfamiliarity with Dudley or if he's just out playing them.

Well the Japanese and probably everybody else in the world are still unfamiliar with Dudley, but the guys Marn was beasting were players he was clearly better then. A better reference would be his matches "best of..." matches against 3 top Japanese players(Tokido, Mago, Daigo). He lost all 3, 3-1 to Tokido and Mago and 2-1 to Daigo.

I think Marn actually picked Dudley with that in mind though. I heard that Justin actually wanted to play Makoto and Cammy for the sake of unfamiliarity. But I guess he stuck with his main when it was all said and done.

Rice-Eater said:
Well the Japanese and probably everybody else in the world are still unfamiliar with Dudley, but the guys Marn was beasting were players he was clearly better then. He lost every "first to..." exhibition we've seen him in against top Japanese players(Tokido, Mago, Daigo).

I think Marn actually picked Dudley with that in mind though. I heard that Justin actually wanted to play Makoto and Cammy for the sake of unfamiliarity. But I guess he stuck with his main when it was all said and done.

Justin needs to just bring out the Mak and Cammy, because Japan is familiar with every character on the roster.

Axis

marns dudley went crazy yesterday...really impressed. machi's guile is serious business tho...crazy good play all around in the tourney

Acid08

Banned
God's Beard said:

lol, says a fucking Dudley player.

Grifter

what's not to like about dudley, exactly?

black_vegeta said:
It was only in casuals. He signed up as Rufus/Cammy for the actual tournament.

how do you find those ranked match vids on your youtube? is there some way to search?

Grifter said:
how do you find those ranked match vids on your youtube? is there some way to search?

There is no search fitler or function. I just sat there for a hour or 2 and went through entire list.

You just look at the matches that included B+ and up ranked players. There are some big named players with C or D ranks because they rarely play online, if you know their Gamertags...

Yeah, I went through EVERYONE individually. Shit is time consuming.

any of the NSB vids archived somewhere? holla

edit: nm found em

USD said:
It's archived, but there were 2 or 3 streams (for a short time 4) run simultaneously, so trying track what's what is a bit much.

Check the archives of these channels:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nsb
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nsb2
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nsb3
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nsb4

nsb3 and 4 have the bulk of the early tournament footage, and nsb4 also has the gameplay-only top 8 footage. nsb has the exhbition matches and the top 8 with commentary. nsb2 only ran for a short time, but it has a bit of early tourney action.

thanks

Added a couple more BnB combos to the Dudley guide. I think I'll do a more in-depth section on FADC combos and option selects next, and I need to get some captures for the rest of the combos.

vg260

God's Beard said:
Added a couple more BnB combos to the Dudley guide. I think I'll do a more in-depth section on FADC combos and option selects next, and I need to get some captures for the rest of the combos.

Will check at (at some point). Where is it again?

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Satyamdas said:
After you correctly wrote about Dudley being able to beat or trade with Sim's anti-airs, and the fact that it literally only takes 2.7 combos to end Sim's life, I was surprised to see you rate the match that badly for Dudley. I think it's a 5-5 matchup, at worst 5.5-4.5 for Sim. Yeah it can be tough to get in, but Duds has the tools to do so. Patience prevails for Dudley in that matchup and if he gets in and knocks Sim down it can get ugly and end quickly.

Against good sims getting in is extremely hard. Most of the time you just don't get in and if you do a backdash or a teleport and its back to getting in...

Yoshichan

Just came home and heard on the buss that marn went batshit... what happened?

Satyamdas

Banned
As far as Dudley jumping in at Sim, I have had my anti-airs beaten or traded with so often that I think the timing and spacing is more specific for Sim to anti-air cleanly than it is for Dudley to beat it. This doesn't mean you can just jump all day carefree obviously, but beating Sim's anti-airs plus his command dash going through fireballs is a big help in getting close. Then you have the walk and block method, or focus dashing Sim's long range pokes.

I actually played Marn about a week ago and did much better than I thought I would. Almost got perfected in the 1st round, almost perfected him in the 2nd round. He started the 3rd trying to rush me but I was able to zone pretty well and chip him down to less than half life while I still had about 3/4. Suddenly he backs off to full screen and starts throwing out cr. mk, and just as I realized what he was doing it was too late; my st. fp was counterhit and combo'd into EX MGB (similar to Makoto fishing w/ cr. mp and comboing that into EX Hayate), and I was in the corner. One wakeup mixup later and I was dead. 3/4 life gone in an instant.

Now I'm as big a fan of Marn's Dudley and overall skills as anybody, but getting that counterhit into combo is not that hard. And it is an example of another tool Dudley has to get in, even from full screen. What really won that match for Marn though was his patience. If he had just continued rushing I likely would have won, but he smartly backed off and tried another way to advance and it worked like a charm. I'm curious as to what he would rate the match, I doubt he thinks it's as bad as 3.5-6.5.

Speaking of Marn, I thought his matches were the most entertaining at NSB 17. Unbelievably clutch stuff and amazing comebacks against Momochi and Machi. Dude is just crazy good at the game.

Satyamdas said:
Suddenly he backs off to full screen and starts throwing out cr. mk, and just as I realized what he was doing it was too late; my st. fp was counterhit and combo'd into EX MGB
Marn is a genius. I didn't even think cMP combo'd into EX MGB, must be a counterhit-only combo.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So I got bored today at work and decided to skim through the old thread. A bunch of hating as well as :lol . So many people are either banned, completely stopped playing the game or just lurking. This thread nearly isn't as lively.

Every place seems to be more low key. I guess it's the transitional period.

Oh, and Farms basically living in the vanilla thread. 2000+ posts.

So I finally see him in person. Now I feel sorry for him. Everybody has their reasons for being who they are. Well, now I know why with him.

The Kadey award. Give him what he wants.
1z73rpt.jpg

311t91d.jpg

I rarely have time to play the game as much as I want but when I do I make sure I have fun. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom