• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
~Devil Trigger~ said:
the only meaty Ultra i've successfully landed in a match is RH > U1

Yeah that one's actually pretty easy to hit confirm. Problem though is if they block it, you get pushed back pretty far.

MIMIC

Banned
Ryu can't trade into Ultra but can trade into super? -_- And I just renewed my hatred for Blanka.....certain ones, anyway. Was fighting a super lame scrub who managed to beat everyone a few times and when I manage to beat him (which was only a matter of time, really), he ragequits right before it ends. FR FIGHTCLUB is his name.

YakiSOBA said:
Are these arcade characters coming to PS3/Xbox through an update? Free? Pay? Details!

yoshinori_ono.jpg

MIMIC said:
Ryu can't trade into Ultra but can trade into super? -_-

Ryu can still trade into Ultra in certain situations. The 2 most common and most likely scenarios are trades in the corner and from a cross up. As for Super, yeah it works almost anywhere because his Super is lightning fast. The Super trap from vanilla worked full screen. I remember some of my opponents thought they could focus it(from full screen) and be ok, but they ate 300 damage on top of absorbing the fireball :D

As for Blanka, fuck Blanka.

Threi said:
this vid never gets old :lol

so...like...is makoto still low tier or is it just a coincidence that everyone who uses her is godlike?

I'm gonna go with people just not knowing how to handle her match up. It's not like everyone and her brother plays her.

DR2K

Banned
YakiSOBA said:
Are these arcade characters coming to PS3/Xbox through an update? Free? Pay? Details!

The real question is, when are they coming and how much do we have to fork over?

Threi

notag
FreedomFrisbee said:
I'm gonna go with people just not knowing how to handle her match up. It's not like everyone and her brother plays her.
well i'd say her and ibuki get played the most out of all the new chars

Threi said:
well i'd say her and ibuki get played the most out of all the new chars

Maybe out of the 3S characters. Cody and Juri get played far more.

What I mean is that there are specific strategies that can be abused to give a Mak player a hard time. Because of her low frequency of play, some people havn't figured those out yet.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
FreedomFrisbee said:
What I mean is that there are specific strategies that can be abused to give a Mak player a hard time. Because of her low frequency of play, some people havn't figured those out yet.

Maybe when she's not right next to you. When she is, there isn't anything you can do that a smart player can't make you pay for if they make a correct read.

Only exception is characters with really good backdashes like Chun and Rose. But even that isn't a sure thing if they're knocked down.

Lost Fragment said:
Maybe when she's not right next to you. When she is, there isn't anything you can do that a smart player can't make you pay for if they make a correct read.

Only exception is characters with really good backdashes like Chun and Rose. But even that isn't a sure thing if they're knocked down.

Actually, ya, those 'not right next to you' things were what I was talking about. It's particularly easy for certain characters to jump away, fireball, then hurricane away. Other characters I just feel sorry for because they don't have that (I really feel bad for Fei Long players some times).

FreedomFrisbee said:
Actually, ya, those 'not right next to you' things were what I was talking about. It's particularly easy for certain characters to jump away, fireball, then hurricane away. Other characters I just feel sorry for because they don't have that (I really feel bad for Fei Long players some times).

Who's your main?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
FreedomFrisbee said:

If they jump back they're giving up space. I consider that a small victory when that happens. If they jump forward, they get aa'd into a mixup.

Fireballs you're right about, though. Against a lot of fireball characters, you pretty much have to stay in a range that will make them think twice about throwing a fireball.

Yea think I've debated with friends many reasons why Karin wouldn't be put it (similar characters/moveset Abel/Gouken/Viper/Fei Long)... but then they added Yang. So maybe the whole 'rival' thing Ryu-Ken, Cody-Guy, Yun-Yang.. that may apply to sakura-karin, atleast I hope.

Lost Fragment said:
If they jump back they're giving up space. I consider that a small victory when that happens. If they jump forward, they get aa'd into a mixup.

Fireballs you're right about, though. Against a lot of fireball characters, you pretty much have to stay in a range that will make them think twice about throwing a fireball.

Ya. Starting position distance is perfect to axe kick punish a fireball. They get across that screen tho, and they can just let fireballs rip and then run and there's not much to be done about it. Can't focus the fireball and move forward (run into another fireball), so you can only jump. If you have Ultra 2 on, you can get that meter up. Which means you should always 100% never choose Ultra 1 for those match ups, which of course is stupid.

I'm plainly just baffled as to why she doesn't have some way to go through fireballs/effectively counter them. Every other character has some wat to. EX hayate seems like it should, but it doesn't. Whats the big difference between that and a chicken wing going through fireballs? And if it's really that much of an issue, just lower it's damage and make it so you can't combo after it.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
FreedomFrisbee said:
They get across that screen tho, and they can just let fireballs rip and then run and there's not much to be done about it..

They can't jump backwards forever. Eventually they're gonna get stuck in the corner, and that's not where you want to be against Makoto because she has a really evil mixup game in the corner.

Forgot to mention ex hayate for coward copter.

Acid08

Banned
Karin, Q, and Rolento are really the only characters I'd like to see still get announced. Who cares if there are 2 rekka characters already?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Some of you guys should go back and play vanilla.

It just feels so very different. Tried to do some typical Ken stuff and for some reason his kicks seems to have longer reach in Super. Had some trouble landing some stuff easily done in Super. Bison and Guile felt like an eternity having longer recovery times on their specials. Ryu, Zangief, Akuma and Sagat are more beastly however.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I played vanilla a few weeks ago. It was weird.

I couldn't do FFF with Viper, and I kept whiffing Cammy's crossup until I was like "oh yeah lol that crossup sucks in this game"

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah. I think I like Super much more. Even with the nerfs. The gap between the low and high tier characters is bigger and game play just seems overall slower. Turtling is more prominent.

Kadey said:
Some of you guys should go back and play vanilla.

It just feels so very different. Tried to do some typical Ken stuff and for some reason his kicks seems to have longer reach in Super. Had some trouble landing some stuff easily done in Super. Bison and Guile felt like an eternity having longer recovery times on their specials. Ryu, Zangief, Akuma and Sagat are more beastly however.

Tried it out 2 weeks ago as well. Missing the reach on Sim's st.HP. Felt like I was hitting people from the character select screen.

And also, I miss Indestructible :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom