• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorBait

OK, SF vets, I am basically a mediocre scrub, but I'd like to learn how to get better. I do have a general knowledge of the game mechanics from doing some reading and watching tutorials (i.e. I understand things like frame advantage, input buffering, etc), but I would like to put it into working knowledge and become a more active member of the fighting game community.

What would be your opinion on the top 5 things I can work on starting now so that I can begin to become a more competitive player?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
EraldoCoil said:
The lack of me on the vs. Srk list saddens me.....

If Floyd, seph and my Moe brother panda are in there, I definitely belong there.....my ranbat ranking also speaks for itself.....

/rant

@seph/proto- na don't have the game.....dat Noel would be rusty as hell...

No idea who you use.

WHAT?

Kadey, if you play me in bbcs, I'll give you my real name. If you don't have it, I'll settle for SSF4.

Okay Billy. I'll play you when Seks wants to play with me.

I would have to go SRK side. I've been a member for about 8 years or is it 9 now?

Traitor! It's alright. Arstal > Kuma

Sako is not just here to beat some ass. He's on vacation. Unless he starts going to Japanese tournaments more often, he's still leader of Team NAH.

You bet your ass Daigo will be there too. So it won't be free! Sako vs Daigo, Cali style!

EraldoCoil said:
^^Me and Black V are da brothers Rawg....he's reppin XBL side...I rep PSN side...

As long as you don't retire and have a consistant greed fo day fight monnnaaayy, we can definitely rep to the fullest!!!

Zapages

is srk vs gaf only the top tier players or is everyone is welcome to get their butts handed to them?

May I join on GAF's side? please?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Kadey said:

Wait, how did I suddenly get dragged into this? o_O
Friday evening good?

TheSeks

QisTopTier said:
Hush and go study that video I linked til you can do 50% of those tricks

I'll never be able to do that and you know it.

And Kadey wants to play Super Street, not Blazblue against me. :lol

Kadey said:
No idea who you use.

Traitor! It's alright. Arstal > Kuma

Sako is not just here to beat some ass. He's on vacation. Unless he starts going to Japanese tournaments more often, he's still leader of Team NAH.

You bet your ass Daigo will be there too. So it won't be free! Sako vs Daigo, Cali style!
Impossible. I am the shining juri star. The brightest light in a sea of shitty pinwheel mashers. the aggressive tide in a ocean of runaway fireball spammers (its not even a good tactic for fucks sake a char can sit at the opposite edge of the screen and taunt all day

GatorBait said:
OK, SF vets, I am basically a mediocre scrub, but I'd like to learn how to get better. I do have a general knowledge of the game mechanics from doing some reading and watching tutorials (i.e. I understand things like frame advantage, input buffering, etc), but I would like to put it into working knowledge and become a more active member of the fighting game community.

What would be your opinion on the top 5 things I can work on starting now so that I can begin to become a more competitive player?

Play play play play play play & play.

If you can play locals, do it. Play your GAF compatriots, too. Constantly play people who are better than you as well.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
AkumaHokoru said:
Impossible. I am the shining juri star. The brightest light in a sea of shitty pinwheel mashers. the aggressive tide in a ocean of runaway fireball spammers (its not even a good tactic for fucks sake a char can sit at the opposite edge of the screen and taunt all day

Yeah, you're better, and I don't really play SF anymore.

I've decided I'm gonna quit 2d fighters (not quitting 3d). If Sirlin's fighter comes out, I'll reconsider.

arstal said:
Yeah, you're better, and I don't really play SF anymore.

I've decided I'm gonna quit 2d fighters (not quitting 3d)
you played juri? If so I understand you not wanting to play...but it'll get better...(which is what i tell myself rocking back and forth hugging my knees while looking at SSF4AE info)

Solune

GatorBait said:

Study some of this. http://sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Hitokage said:
Not even going to do the KOF Cycle anymore?

No one will play KOF locally. If the online is good I'll play it online though- the balance issues scare me though.

Really, the last Lucky's was when I realized I just don't enjoy the tourney scene at all anymore, except for Tekken.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Now with matchup favors. My style. :lol

This is probably the finalized list.

Timedog > Umeshoryu 4-6
Ysad > Stein 4-6
Rice Eater > John Choi 4-6
Black Vegeta > Keno 2-8
Rentahamster > Art 4-6
Edgeward > Aulord 1-9
Drohne > Die 0-10
Hito > That one guy that plays Hawk, forgot his name 4-6
Chrisdat > Ed Ma 3-7
Arstal > Kuma 3-7
Relix > Shizza 3-7
Farms > James Chen 4-6
Eissan > Grimmz 3-7
Gutabo > Mike Ross 4-6
Jazz > Ryder 3-7
Axis > Ricky 2-8
Joe > Sabre 4-6
MightKac > Noelbrown 0-10
Sonicspear > Bananaken 0-10
Botox > Blaze 4-6
DBJ > Andre 4-6
Stabicron > Min 4-6
God's beard > Marn 2-8
Lost Fragment > Vryu 4-6
AZ > Tatsu 4-6
Sephiroth RK > Flash 4-6
Mimic > Kai 2-8
Immortal > Valle 2-8
Panda > Nerdjosh 4-6
Fubar > Online Tony 2-8
Grifter > Shady K 3-7
Dunpeal > Inthul 0-10
Captmcblack > Hiro 0-10
Acid08 > Lamerboi 0-10
Haunts > LI Joe 4-6
Log ride > NYC Adnan 4-6
Gutter Trash > Henry Cen 1-9
Morro > Mr quotes 4-6
Snowwolf > PR balrog 2-8
FlightofHeaven > Lincoln 0-10
Coil > Ben Fong 4-6
Hitsu > Combofiend 3-7
Xeno > Floe 2-8
Gyrian > Justin 0-10
Ploid > KDZ 0-10
Geo Neo > Shine 5-5
Raging Spaniard > Chris Hu 0-10
Turtle > Buktooth 2-8
Me > Dr Chaos 3-7

Jim > Mr.Wizard 10-0

GAF > SRK

After a week or so messing with Vega, Balrog and Guile, I think I just really don't like charge characters.

Motions 4 lyfe

edit: 2-8 for real? come on now, I got some of them links. I'm at least 2.5.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
AkumaHokoru said:
You seriously underestimate how badly wiz sucks at every game ever

He has to be good at something for him to be where he is.

black_vegeta said:
2 - 8, da fuck. Woman, have you lost your mind?

The reactions are the funniest part.

Your big bang attack is no match for the Keno eye. :lol

GatorBait

the_log_ride said:
Play play play play play play & play.

If you can play locals, do it. Play your GAF compatriots, too. Constantly play people who are better than you as well.
I've been mainly playing with Scrub GAF and random matches with people of equal skill level, but I guess I'll bite the bullet and start playing some endless battle with the good GAF players. I'm just going to get massacred initially.

eissan

Kadey said:
Now with matchup favors. My style. :lol

This is probably the finalized list.

Timedog > Umeshoryu 4-6
Ysad > Stein 4-6
Rice Eater > John Choi 4-6
Black Vegeta > Keno 2-8
Rentahamster > Art 4-6
Edgeward > Aulord 1-9
Drohne > Die 0-10
Hito > That one guy that plays Hawk, forgot his name 4-6
Chrisdat > Ed Ma 3-7
Arstal > Kuma 3-7
Relix > Shizza 3-7
Farms > James Chen 4-6
Eissan > Grimmz 3-7
Gutabo > Mike Ross 4-6
Jazz > Ryder 3-7
Axis > Ricky 2-8
Joe > Sabre 4-6
MightKac > Noelbrown 0-10
Sonicspear > Bananaken 0-10
Botox > Blaze 4-6
DBJ > Andre 4-6
Stabicron > Min 4-6
God's beard > Marn 2-8
Lost Fragment > Vryu 4-6
AZ > Tatsu 4-6
Sephiroth RK > Flash 4-6
Mimic > Kai 2-8
Immortal > Valle 2-8
Panda > Nerdjosh 4-6
Fubar > Online Tony 2-8
Grifter > Shady K 3-7
Dunpeal > Inthul 0-10
Captmcblack > Hiro 0-10
Acid08 > Lamerboi 0-10
Haunts > LI Joe 4-6
Log ride > NYC Adnan 4-6
Gutter Trash > Henry Cen 1-9
Morro > Mr quotes 4-6
Snowwolf > PR balrog 2-8
FlightofHeaven > Lincoln 0-10
Coil > Ben Fong 4-6
Hitsu > Combofiend 3-7
Xeno > Floe 2-8
Gyrian > Justin 0-10
Ploid > KDZ 0-10
Geo Neo > Shine 5-5
Raging Spaniard > Chris Hu 0-10
Turtle > Buktooth 2-8
Me > Dr Chaos 3-7

Jim > Mr.Wizard 10-0

GAF > SRK

edit: read it wrong.

also you forgot dbj > all 8-2 :D

edit 2: wait does the > mean greater than or just pointing to the victor :D I confused. LOL

Kadey said:

True, I know that "eye" will come into play. More like 1 - 9. :p

Look, let's be honest. The only thing separating me from Marn are focus utilization, matchup experience, meter building philosophy, insane reaction times, godlike combo execution, win ratio, fearless rushdown, self-destructive taunting, a hundred pounds and an EVO championship belt.

TheSeks

Spiderjericho said:
:(

I'm not included in GAF.

At least you aren't being thrown into games against her to have Prototype tell people what his real name is. >_>

Kadey said:

nope. not at all. wizard is awful at everything. he isnt even the original owner of srk.com.

_dementia said:
welcome to the club

edit:
Threi vs. TheRealyst?

I don't post in the thread as much but still participate. And I wasn't FMF levels in the OG SFIV thread but I was in the top 10 fo sure.

Is it my Saikyo style?

gutabo

Wow kadey, thank you so much! I feel honored!

Man, what's with the honda hate lately? Other than the damage "buff"(or damage nerfs to other people) he's the same sumo wrestler from vanilla, something tells me that the haters didn't play decent hondas in vanilla and are used to see him self destruct. Honda's game is exactly the same as in vanilla-except for the no range ultra 2- but honda in the 4 series is a "no ultra" char so it's not even a change. Finally, Honda turtles are really, really boring to fight against, I'll give you that.

And akimo has not been using honda for a while, even his Honda points have been frozen for weeks. I would like to think that he got bored too but god knows what his reasons are, what matters is that instead we are getting a very, very nice Dee Jay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom