• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
_dementia said:
Which of you guys are participating in the Evo online tourney?
I'm registered but I might not even show up. Saturday is usually reserved for game day with local friends anyway and I expect that to be more fun than this tournament.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
_dementia said:
Which of you guys are participating in the Evo online tourney?

Want to, but I got like a 14-hour shift tomorrow.

Probably gonna be a clusterfuck anyway. You have to have a decent recording setup to be able to prove anything if someone decides to abuse lag.

TimeKillr

DarkoMaledictus said:
Lol I sent the scrub some mail of my own... sore loosers like that are what ruin it for everyone!

Edit: Pretty sure if he received 50+ mails about that fight he would start acting a bit better in his mails after fights ;p!

How the hell is that Ryu ranked #90 in the world on PSN?

Seriously? Wow. All that srk spamming.......

El Sloth

Banned
gutabo said:
It was huge back in the day, but faded away. Then it came back with MvC2 and then faded away again. And now thanks to SF4 the hype is back. There are some arcades around, but they have PCs with emulators with 2k games on so you put a coin, choose a game and play for a while. KoF is big here(98, 2k2). It's really hard to find SF4 cabinets around here(there are none) but we have PS3s with a coin stuff added and the start button disabled(pretty much like they did with MvC2 and dreamcast). Here in peru we have a central hub for most capcom games on facebook("the backyard", where I was named admin some months ago) with 200 active members and we're trying to get all fighters together and doing bigger tourneys, get a site going(facebook is not enough), getting a place to do more stuff and just trying to get a bigger scene. We had a guy(Jaime Calzada) that won a south-american tourney(I placed 4th, he sent me to losers bracket) and a trip to Dreamhack winter, but he(as lots of people around here with no access to TE sticks) besides having great reactions and basics didn't know how to plink or OS or stuff that I consider a must(hell the guy did his best but he doesn't even speak english so no forums/vids data for him and he never played online before the tourney/meeting us). We're working on translating stuff(I usually translate a piece or two per week, including some stuff like AE changes) so people can learn and get better at fighting games faster. Personally I've becomed more involved in organizing/getting things going and less in actually playing lately, like doing online stuff like peru vs colombia/chile/argentina(we almost have peru vs panama ready!). But lag makes things hard. And most people end up dropping gaming because of real life stuff(I almost "retired" twice this year, I'm very lucky). I hope this rant/WoT was the answer you were looking for :(
It was! Sounds like you're trying your best to make the community over there blow up, which is all kinds of cool, dude. The idea of peru vs. *insert South American country* sounds really really cool, especially if it helps build the communities in those countries. Nothing gets a community motivated like some good old rivalry with a dash of nationalism!

I ask how the scene is over there since I remember going to the Dominican Republic to visit some family and there was a pretty crazy strong Smash Bros scene, but almost non-existent SF scene. By the way, have you guys discussed sending your best players players to EVO?

DryEyeRelief said:
"fireballs shouldn't do any damage. Just build super meter, and if they hit, cause hitstun just like normal. http://j.mp/el4XKZ"

lolwut

USD

Just so you guys know, there is another NSB×BBC match on Saturday at 8 AM EST (12 hours from now): Sako VS Momochi. As always streamed by both NSB and re-streamed by Team Sp00ky.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
20DeF.jpg

El Sloth

Banned
Shame that there isn't any commentating on the Shadoloo Showdown stream. I've been spoiled by all the godlike commentating by the iplaywinner and TS streams.

Threi said:
http://www.abload.de/img/theexcellentadventures1epq.gif[/IMG]
http://www.abload.de/img/the-excellent-adventursdx3.gif

i lol'd[/QUOTE]

Me too at first but then I realised it's incredibly sad that move can be used like that. But then maybe i'm just hating because Capcom is nerfing characters all over the place [I]for the sake of balance.[/I]

Protocol Snow said:
Updates for Shadowloo Showdown:
Pool A: Tokido advanced to top 8 in winners
Pool B: underway, Mago is top seed
Pool C: GamerBee top seed
Pool D: Toxy top seed
I really appreciate how this tourney was seeded.

zlatko

Banned
Protocol Snow said:
I said, "Yeah, Mago and Daigo are pretty good. Sometimes they can beat me".

He stopped responding after that :(
:lol :lol :lol I laughed my ass off so hard when I read this just now.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Yo, my Chun has officially lvl up series'd to GDLK status. What's hood, GAF?

Peanut buttah ice cream, peter pan seats.
richboy.jpg

Shaquille O'Neal and Ray Charles' grandson.
Two of the illest rappers in the game.

Kobe, tell me how my ass taste

oh yeah, Street Fighter.
I'm getting on PSN in a bit. I'll be on GAFchat if anyone wants free wins.
Fair warning, my Internets might be sketchy so expect even more DPs than usual.

CPS2

FindMyFarms said:
I'm not familiar with the Australian scene, but Robsux (viper) is really impressive.

If you can keep watching until pool D, wait for Humanbomb... he gave Rob his nickname :lol

http://www.justin.tv/twfighter#/w/638938016

Taiwan Vs Hong Kong + Surstromming PUNISHMENT tournament Stream!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8anziZbRlE

Eight (8) teams of two will duke it out for the rights to avoid eating the putrid fish. The tourney rules are a hybrid of Waseda Style (see: note 1) and Gods Garden style (see: note 2). Each player on each team can pick 2 characters but must decide their character before the match begins. The team’s fight order must also be decided before the match commences. In short, each player’s character and fight order are double-blind and team members must notify the referee prior to the fight.

The winning duo will receive a fat cash prize and count their Taiwan dollars on the side while witnessing all the losing teams ingest acrid chunks of rotten fish.

Part 2 Taiwan x Hong Kong Cross Straits Cup

HK and TW team will both select 8 players.
HK will select players from their online forum HKfighter.com.
4 of Taiwan’s players will be selected by the great General Gamer Bee, and the remaining four players will be elected by popular vote through TWfighter.com

Winner of each match stays on, and loser of each match can decide which player goes up next to bat. Get prepared for some awesome counterpicking action! Characters are locked but UC selection can change after each battle. First team to 8 matches wins.

If Taiwan wins, we will airmail a can of Surstromming for all members to eat. Proof of consumption (spitting is not allowed, vomiting is acceptable) is necessary and will be done through youtube. If HK wins, all 8 members of Taiwan must eat the decaying fish even if they have already eaten some in part 1 tournament.

If you watch a lot of replays from shin akuma's channel, you may recognize some of the people playing.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
For those looking for an alternate stream to watch, there are two big Taiwan events starting now. The commentators are very hype and there's a lot at stake so it's fun to watch so far. First up is the surstromming punishment 2v2 tournament. Everybody except the winners will have to eat the rotten Swedish fish.

Following after that is the 8v8 team grudge match of Taiwan vs. Hong Kong. The loser of this challenge will have to eat surstromming. If Hong Kong loses, they will be mailed cans of the rotten fish and will have to submit Youtube evidence that they ate it

Taiwan:
Frostmaelstrom [Fei Long]
GiPie [El Fuerte]
lsy9983 [Dictator]
Arubi 1988 (RB) [Guy]
Zhieeeeep [Guile]
Gaea0127 [Zangief]
Kuraudokin [Cammy]
rockpon2000 [Ibuki]

Hong Kong:
FollowupURSF [Dictator]
Siu Ming [Ryu]
Lucky Star [Claw]
Hokuto1999 [C.Viper]
GameOuttt [Guile]
Kit Hong Kong [Cammy]
OOooOOOoooOO [Abel]
SL Hiro 111 [Sagat]

http://www.justin.tv/twfighter

Darkman M

_dementia said:
Shaquille O'Neal and Ray Charles' grandson.
Two of the illest rappers in the game.

Kobe, tell me how my ass taste

oh yeah, Street Fighter.
I'm getting on PSN in a bit. I'll be on GAFchat if anyone wants free wins.
Fair warning, my Internets might be sketchy so expect even more DPs than usual.

5 rings>>>>>>>4 rings

Kobe>>>>>Snaq.

USD

Heh, fell asleep for a bit, only caught the very end of the Tokido-Mago runback, but saw all of the grand finals. Tokido was on point with his Demons, but Gamerbee still held on. Really good match.

Congrats to Gamerbee, once again Tokido fails to clutch it out when the win was right in front of his face. Someday he'll win one of these international SSF4 majors.

Hey Snowolf, any reactions from the Taiwan vs HK stream? Do they know yet that Gamerbee won, they must be very happy for him.

Gamerbee with the notches on his belt. First, Momochi, now Mago and Tokido.

Didn't catch anything but the top 8 but Toxy and Humanbomb were pretty good.

For the Japanese players, it's onto the age of AE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom