• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axis

cHaotix8 said:
Online sucks.

yooo invite me next time we're online at the same time...i want some dudley practice :p

gutabo said:
Thanks guys! LOL threi, you missed my relix lag joke on the first post :p

Again, SHOUTOUTS to AXIS AND EISSAN, international cobra kai members! :D (check the stream vids I posted before for lots of spanish cobra kai references!)

cobra motherfucking kai

haunts

Bacon of Hope
man ya'll are soft... back in my day...

err, okay ill stop..

in other news, i think my makoto is almost ready for GAF. SEND ANY AND ALL CHALLENGERS

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
You know what we should do?

We should have a vote on who the top 10 players are on GAF, then those players should have a tournament where each match is a ft10, and I'll upload the matches to YouTube. The name "Ghetto Garden" comes to mind...but for some reason I feel like that's been used before. Or just, you know, GAF Garden.

cHaotix8 said:
Online sucks.
You suck.

Lost Fragment said:

We should have a vote on who the top 10 players are on GAF, then those players should have a tournament where each match is a ft10, and I'll upload the matches to YouTube. The name "Ghetto Garden" comes to mind...but for some reason I feel like that's been used before. Or just, you know, GAF Garden.
We've actually discussed doing this for a while in the GAF IRC.
Ghetto Garden is threi's stream.

Lost Fragment said:

Hmm...that's a good question. But difficult to tell, especially with the different systems involved.

But...it's hard when you have Sabin...Wolfkrone on here...

But after that, there's my boy FindmotherfuckaFarms. Joe. Haunts. Eva. Max. Saqs. Etc, etc.

Axis

Lost Fragment said:

haha we've been discussing this for a while...and it definitely sounds like a good idea. threi has the stream equipment and shit but he has that damn bandwidth cap :(

Just had the chance to watch the NEC stream. I got sick of looking at PR Rawg in the background with his girl sitting on him. Leave that shit at home, you got business to handle son!

Spiderjericho said:
Hmm...that's a good question. But difficult to tell, especially with the different systems involved.

But...it's hard when you have Sabin...Wolfkrone on here...

But after that, there's my boy FindmotherfuckaFarms. Joe. Haunts. Eva. Max. Saqs. Etc, etc.

Wait, wolfkrone posts here?

haunts

Bacon of Hope
black_vegeta said:
Just had the chance to watch the NEC stream. I got sick of looking at PR Rawg in the background with his girl sitting on him. Leave that shit at home, you got business to handle son!

word.

plus the stream monsters "go in'" when they see a girl on the stream.

haunts said:
word.

plus the stream monsters "go in'" when they see a girl on the stream.
Sp00ky goes in so hard too. On the SFC stream he was practically encouraging the stream monsters.
I usually turn the chat off though. Not worth it.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
_dementia said:
Sp00ky goes in so hard too. On the SFC stream he was practically encouraging the stream monsters.
I usually turn the chat off though. Not worth it.

yeah same here, i just fullscreen the stream lately.

on lazy sundays ill lay on the couch with the laptop, fullscreen stream, pizza... and no chat.. so good.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
TheSeks said:
In my honest, opinion: The fighting game community sucks. It's not inclusive to "newbies," and SRK in general is pretty horrible.

I'm honestly not surprised by the childish behavior of the "oldbies." "OH YOU WEREN'T HERE WHEN FIGHTING GAMES WERE DYING! YOU SUCK! GO HOME!" etc. etc. etc. just... makes me shy away from fighting games.

Hell, Q and Proto and Dragonball practically ran me out of BB/SSF4. Why bother asking stupid questions in a thread and trying to figure out the game when it doesn't explain things too well and get "GO HOME AND BE A FAMILY MAN" etc.?

I'll stick to my shootan games, thanks.

I'm tempted to go and dig up all my post were I was trying to help you with info and links. Instead you fucking whined and cried the whole damn time being a damn negative nancy. I find it funny that you say prototype ran you out when he was actually being nicer to you than I was. Fun fact BUTTON MASHING AGAINST US ISNT GONNA DO SHIT FOR YOU we were trying to explain that. Lets see you used a character that relies on zoning and spacing. wait why are you still standing still or running at me pressing CCCCCCCC. Here's a vid check out some of the tricks they do! which you fallow up OMG A LOT OF GOOD THAT DID ME, fool you didn't even do 1 thing from the video and that's understandable it takes PRACTICE why do you expect to magicaly be good in a game in like a day or two. Fun fact Proto used to suck complete ass yet we still played damn near nonstop and now he's good :D It's called willingness to lose and learn from mistakes try new things even at the cost of losing to see if it helps your overall game and so on. So yes it sounds like them shootan games are perfect for you, a nice simple point and click adventure :lol

LakeEarth

My one (small) issue currently is the constant insulting of stream 'monsters'. It's like a Friends episode where the cast says "fuck you" to the cameras, and talk about the real fans are the ones in the studio audience.

LakeEarth said:
My one (small) issue currently is the constant insulting of stream 'monsters'. It's like a Friends episode where the cast says "fuck you" to the cameras, and talk about the real fans are the ones in the studio audience.
Not a bad analogy.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
LakeEarth said:
They hate on stream monsters because over half of them are trolls. I mean it would be cool to talk about the match ups and what they could of done at set times and so on, but well ya know I'm sure you read the type of shit that gets spammed in the chat :lol

haunts

Bacon of Hope
LakeEarth said:

uh, have you ever read a stream chat? :lol

Threi

notag
DryEyeRelief said:
MvC3 does not have the low frame rate for combos that SFIV has. MvC has longer time frame rate for executing moves.
GgV1p.gif

Wiseblade

LakeEarth said:
If you'd ever read a stream chat you'd know how bad this analogy is.

LakeEarth said:

I must be perusing the wrong streams, b/c it seems like a majority of of the users on stream chats spout the most derogatory of messages. A handful of them will ruin the image for everyone

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
TheSeks said:
In my honest, opinion: The fighting game community sucks. It's not inclusive to "newbies," and SRK in general is pretty horrible.

I'm honestly not surprised by the childish behavior of the "oldbies." "OH YOU WEREN'T HERE WHEN FIGHTING GAMES WERE DYING! YOU SUCK! GO HOME!" etc. etc. etc. just... makes me shy away from fighting games.

Hell, Q and Proto and Dragonball practically ran me out of BB/SSF4. Why bother asking stupid questions in a thread and trying to figure out the game when it doesn't explain things too well and get "GO HOME AND BE A FAMILY MAN" etc.?

Nobody ever got good at fighting games without getting their asses beat in first.

While I don't particularly enjoy getting dominated over and over again, when it happens, I appreciate the experience because you typically learn more from losing than you do from winning.

That is, if you have the right mindset about it. And it doesn't seem like you do.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
LakeEarth said:

A good bit of them really are stupid though. You can tell a lot of them consist of the same kids on SRK who base merit and skill on the year people signed up to the forum.

Inconsistent with the hate (one minute they hate someone, and when he actually wins then they love the guy), trying to insult newcomers at a tourney when they're sitting on their ass at home thinking that that's the same as playing live in front of a crowd + 5000+ watching the stream - and heaven forbid a female shows up on the camera, you know they don't see any action at all with the way they respond.

But I always keep the stream chat on and logged in - only thing that sucks is Justin.tv keeps acting weird with the stream chat - either it never loads or I can't log in with my Twitter account (I'm DXLR8RSXM with the Dee Jay Mega Man-style pic)...

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
I was playing SF4 PC today and had a pretty funny encounter with this player from Russia. I was Balrog, he was E Honda. It was already a little laggy at the beginning, but when I won the 1st round handily, the match got noticeably laggier. I was getting pissed off because of his lag tactics and kept getting hit by his laggy headbutts, but still managed to get a win after a close 3rd round.

When I saw that he had over 4,000 BP, I immediately sent him a message saying "terrible honda"

He responds by spamming me with game invites, friend requests, and chat invites every 20 seconds to get a rematch. This went on for about 15 minutes. He also sent me these messages. I didn't respond to any of them but he kept messaging me like a spurned lover.

zlbop.jpg

I ignored all of this. Then for a few minutes, all was quiet. This was the next message I got:

EN7R8.jpg

He made an alt account :lol Notice the 0 gamerpoints

I responded, "your friend is garbage with honda"

KyKJF.jpg

I said, "Yeah, Mago and Daigo are pretty good. Sometimes they can beat me".

He stopped responding after that :(

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Protocol Snow said:
I was playing SF4 PC today and had a pretty funny encounter with this player from Russia. I was Balrog, he was E Honda. It was already a little laggy at the beginning, but when I won the 1st round handily, the match got noticeably laggier. I was getting pissed off because of his lag tactics and kept getting hit by his laggy headbutts, but still managed to get a win after a close 3rd round.

When I saw that he had over 4,000 BP, I immediately sent him a message saying "terrible honda"

He responds by spamming me with game invites, friend requests, and chat invites every 20 seconds to get a rematch. This went on for about 15 minutes. He also sent me these messages. I didn't respond to any of them but he kept messaging me like a spurned lover.

http://i.imgur.com/zlbop.jpg

I ignored all of this. Then for a few minutes, all was quiet. This was the next message I got:

http://i.imgur.com/EN7R8.jpg

He made an alt account :lol Notice the 0 gamerpoints

I responded, "your friend is garbage with honda"

http://i.imgur.com/KyKJF.jpg

I said, "Yeah, Mago and Daigo are pretty good. Sometimes they can beat me".

He stopped responding after that :(

I read them in my mind in Zangief's voice and I couldn't hate the guy at all. :lol

Razor210

TheSeks said:

I'll stop DeeJay trolling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom