• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

USD

Good shit, Tsukimiya. Holding it down for his team.

Hmm, maybe I should make a thread on the gaming side, get more people watching.

jlai

I hope those Momochi Mak videos are posted somehwere, was playing while it was happening. :(

GGs to vex, sloth, kimosabae, culinary, and stabicron! BGs to Kak.

MIMIC

Banned
God I suck at teching. I remember reading something about how people should just stop pressing buttons and "JUST BLOCK" and that is sometimes what I do. And it seems like that's the only way I get beat is by being thrown a zillion times.

I beat this really feisty Cammy. The player did a better job than most at reading my game (and some other guy in the lobby sent me a very bitter voice message, practically jizzing over the fact that I beat this Cammy player. A vicarious victory I suppose
14kjf2d.gif
). Then when we played again she got a perfect on me by throwing me a bunch of times. And then left the lobby (or kicked me...I can't remember). Ugh.....I should be used to this by now -_-

And God I hate it when I get beat by Fuerte's that I KNOW aren't better than me, haha. I am just WAY too offensive sometimes; I really need to reel it in and remember who I'm playing. But I composed myself and won the rest of the matches. Even when I play a turtling player, I try to counter turtle but then can't resist the urge to start attacking....even when I have the life lead.

Thank God I don't play tournaments. ^_^

SmokeMaxX

MIMIC said:
God I suck at teching. I remember reading something about how people should just stop pressing buttons and "JUST BLOCK" and that is sometimes what I do. And it seems like that's the only way I get beat is by being thrown a zillion times.

I beat this really feisty Cammy. The player did a better job than most at reading my game. Then when we played again she got a perfect on me by throwing me a bunch of times. And then left the lobby (or kicked me...I can't remember). Ugh.....I should be used to this by now -_-
Gotta love the catch-22 with Cammy. Don't tech, you eat a bunch of throws. Do tech and you eat massive counterhit damage.

MIMIC

Banned
I just watched it over again and I didn't get thrown THAT many times, lol; I just guessed wrong too many times (but I DID get thrown a lot =P). But the fact that I gave the Cammy player a rematch after kicking her ass, but wasn't given the same opportunity after I lost is truly annoying.

I mean, c'mon.

Satyamdas

Banned
MIMIC said:
I just watched it over again and I didn't get thrown THAT many times, lol; I just guessed wrong too many times (but I DID get thrown a lot =P). But the fact that I gave the Cammy player a rematch after kicking her ass, but wasn't given the same opportunity after I lost is truly annoying.

I mean, c'mon.
I'm not surprised. Cammy players are scum of the earth and the hugest trolls to ever exist.

icgxuK.jpg

+

iewCrk.jpg

=

icg3Ji.jpg

I keed, I keeeeeeed. Cammy still owns my soul. :(

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Missed the whole thing, damn.

I'm watching the casuals right now, but still sucks that I missed it all, even though I KNEW it was today.

jman2050

USD

Here's a character breakdown of the NSB top 8:

4- Makoto, Yun
2 - C.Viper, Guy, Sagat, Yang
1 - Akuma, Blanka, E.Honda, Fei Long, Ibuki, Ken, M.Bison, Rufus

As for the overall tourney though, the dominant characters --or rather, the characters of the dominant players-- were Makoto (Haitani, Shiro Itachi, Momochi), Guy (IHara, Kiryu Tsukimiya), Yang (Hamamatsu Rufus, Nemo), Rufus (MDR) and Zangief (Zangi-tan).

prodystopian said:
One again, USD saves the day. Do you sleep?
Once fell asleep on a Tuesday, vowed to never let that happen again.

USD said:
Here's a character breakdown of the NSB top 8:

4- Makoto, Yun
2 - C.Viper, Guy, Sagat, Yang
1 - Akuma, Blanka, E.Honda, Fei Long, Ibuki, Ken, M.Bison, Rufus

As for the overall tourney though, the dominant characters --or rather, the characters of the dominant players-- were Makoto (Haitani, Shiro Itachi, Momochi), Guy (IHara, Kiryu Tsukimiya), Yang (Hamamatsu Rufus, Nemo), Rufus (MDR) and Zangief (Zangi-tan).

This makes me sad after seeing so many Chuns that entered...

USD said:

*Insert lolface here*

h3ro

USD said:

For NeoGAF, the day USD went to sleep left was a day that left all searching for streams and translations, filled with despair, uncertainty and doubt.

For USD, it was Tuesday.

AkumaHokoru said:
Fighting game + ps3 + sub 150 dollar xbox 360s can be found = X

???
I already have a PS3, and I'm just gonna mod another used $30 SE stick.

Maybe when that dude on SRK starts selling dual modded hitboxes I'll have enough cash to buy another xbox.

- Level|Up Presents - Crossroads: The Battle of Central Cali

Stream URL
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/leveluplive
Time
3PM PST

Crossroads: The Battle of Central Cali

FocusAttacks, a new gaming venue dedicated to serve the Central Cali scene, will be providing Xbox/PS3's latest fighting game titles and ASUS VH236H monitors to play on!

On January 29, FocusAttacks will kick off their grand opening with a SSF4 tournament!

This is no ordinary local tournament, heavy hitters from NorCal/SoCal will be in attendance to stir up some competition and Level Up is covering all the action by providing live stream support!

Mad Catz, an industry leader in manufacturing, distributing, and marketing innovative controllers/peripherals is sponsoring the Crossroads event with some cool prizes for winners!

*Due to limited venue space, the tournament will be capped at 64 players.
You MUST RSVP your attendance before the Cap or you cannot enter the tournament!
To RSVP, simply post your handle,region(Norcal/SoCal/Centra/AZ/etc)

Tournament Details:
64man RSVP
Prelims 2/3 Rounds 2/3 Set
Grand Finals 2/3 Rounds 3/5 Set
Double Elimination
SSF4 - Xbox 360 / PS3
BYOC (Please Bring your own stick. FocusAttacks is not responsible for providing sticks/pads)

Special Event:
Community Choice - (Open to suggestions, only 1 event will be picked from below)
NorCal vs SoCal 5v5
NorCal vs Central vs SoCal Round Robin
???

Imm0rt4l

^^haha hadn't noticed that

Well according to PSN GODHAND04(that's me)s main character is Dudley o_0....and all this time I thought I was simply trying to learn him, but really I guess I have to come to grips with the fact that I find him sooo much more fun than gouken. I try to rush down with gouken(he doesn't have a rush down) and it gets me killed. I've come to grips that I hate being lame, and the most effective Goukens are lame, and for this reason Bullcat is a better player than Desora who is a more impressive player to watch. I hate holding down back all the damn time against rush down characters, I like to be the one rushing shit down once in a while. I guess I never really should have learned gouken to begin with, he's ass......hopefully AE Gouken can alleviate some of the issues I have with the old man, but he'll probably end up being relegated to my secondary once I get to play Yun. * continues soul searching

Also Im pretty sure I have played using Gouken more than any other character, but have only really used duds more since I got my new ps3 last month, so....my player data isn't saved online it seems? Strange.

My dudley is nowhere near as sexy as floyds

DryEyeRelief said:
- Level|Up Presents - Crossroads: The Battle of Central Cali

Stream URL
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/leveluplive
Time
3PM PST

Crossroads: The Battle of Central Cali

FocusAttacks, a new gaming venue dedicated to serve the Central Cali scene, will be providing Xbox/PS3's latest fighting game titles and ASUS VH236H monitors to play on!

On January 29, FocusAttacks will kick off their grand opening with a SSF4 tournament!

This is no ordinary local tournament, heavy hitters from NorCal/SoCal will be in attendance to stir up some competition and Level Up is covering all the action by providing live stream support!

Mad Catz, an industry leader in manufacturing, distributing, and marketing innovative controllers/peripherals is sponsoring the Crossroads event with some cool prizes for winners!

*Due to limited venue space, the tournament will be capped at 64 players.
You MUST RSVP your attendance before the Cap or you cannot enter the tournament!
To RSVP, simply post your handle,region(Norcal/SoCal/Centra/AZ/etc)

Tournament Details:
64man RSVP
Prelims 2/3 Rounds 2/3 Set
Grand Finals 2/3 Rounds 3/5 Set
Double Elimination
SSF4 - Xbox 360 / PS3
BYOC (Please Bring your own stick. FocusAttacks is not responsible for providing sticks/pads)

Special Event:
Community Choice - (Open to suggestions, only 1 event will be picked from below)
NorCal vs SoCal 5v5
NorCal vs Central vs SoCal Round Robin
???

wtf I'm in central why didn't I know about this?

Sup, guys.

A friend came over, linked his account on my PS3 (onto a different user account) and bought/downloaded the Super Complete pack.

The new costumes are not showing up. What should I do?

Nevermind, I just realized he never downloaded the right one, because it's not even showing up on his account. *sigh*

I think he got the free pack, too.

Fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom