• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
rance said:
Illegal? I don't know the exact method of them importing a video game machine from Japan, but I have a hard time seeing how it would be such a problem.

If you don't know how arcade machines are purchased, why are you butting in on this topic? I already said that if the game isn't being sold outside of Japan (which I believe it isn't), then it was acquired illegally, I don't see much room for argument.

LakeEarth

Nice write-up, GodBeard. I really hope they make an AE patch or something in Super.

FYI, when your GPU is beginning to fry, don't play training stage. It's a seizure waiting to happen.

USD

Early notice, but the next AE NSB will be on 2/27 (the weekend of Winter Brawl 5), while the next BBCS2 NSB (after the one happening tomorrow) will be on 3/6.

Minor update to the character breakdown:

7 - M.Bison
5 - Chun-Li, Fei Long, Makoto, Yun
4 - Akuma, Blanka, Cody, Sagat
3 - Balrog, C.Viper, E.Honda, Seth, Yang
2 - El Fuerte, Guy, Hakan, Ibuki, Ken, Rufus, T.Hawk, Vega,, Zangief
1 - Abel, Adon, Cammy, Dudley, Gen, Gouken, Juri, Rose
0 - Dan, Dee Jay, Dhalsim, Guile, Ryu, Sakura

SmokeMaxX

I'm also surprised at the number of Bisons. He's always been good, but not always popular. Maybe he's so good and easy in AE (with big nerfs to Guile/Honda) that people can't help but play him. Hell, Bison really only had trouble getting in on defensive/turtle characters and since they're nerfing them... Delicious.

I'm also pleasantly surprised at the number of Blanka players. When I played AE, Blanka didn't seem THAT different, but I guess I didn't play him enough to find out how his changes affected him.

hitsugi

LakeEarth said:
Nice write-up, GodBeard. I really hope they make an AE patch or something in Super.

FYI, when your GPU is beginning to fry, don't play training stage. It's a seizure waiting to happen.

It really feels like SSF4 is done until AE. Since AE has hit a few arcades here, I've had no motivation to bother with my outdated game at home D: but with MVC3 right around the corner, it's perfect timing in Capcom-land.

SmokeMaxX

Anybody know if the new WWE Fightstick will be pretty much identical to the MadCatz SE? It looks similar, but supposedly MadCatz is offering a 5 year warranty on it. Maybe they're using the TvC stick as a basis? That would probably make more sense since the parts are very nearly on par with Sanwa parts.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Oichi said:
If you don't know how arcade machines are purchased, why are you butting in on this topic? I already said that if the game isn't being sold outside of Japan (which I believe it isn't), then it was acquired illegally, I don't see much room for argument.

I don't mean to come off like a jerk, but some of us actually don't know how they are purchasesd and would like to know exactly what and how Capcom could do anything.

Remember, you're talking on a board which routinely imports officially released games, movies, music and anime that are not being sold outside of their home country and are imported. This includes arcade boards if you look at the pick up threads.

So, could you break it down?

Evo - if AE is released a decent amount of time before will they switch SSF4 for AE? Will they not have a choice, what with the patch probably required to play online even if you don't buy the characters?

USD

APZonerunner said:
Evo - if AE is released a decent amount of time before will they switch SSF4 for AE? Will they not have a choice, what with the patch probably required to play online even if you don't buy the characters?
The DLC cutoff for Evo is June 1. Hopefully AE will be out on consoles by then.

As for the second point, I'm not sure how it will work (if AE comes out after the cutoff but before Evo), unless they just have the consoles prepared well before hand.

SmokeMaxX said:
Anybody know if the new WWE Fightstick will be pretty much identical to the MadCatz SE? It looks similar, but supposedly MadCatz is offering a 5 year warranty on it. Maybe they're using the TvC stick as a basis? That would probably make more sense since the parts are very nearly on par with Sanwa parts.
MarkMan confirmed it's identical to the parts on the TvC stick.

do you guys ever have trouble landing your BnB combo's online but can do it fine offline?

I'm running into this problem now and was wondering what the solution to that would be.

I almost forgot, one big thing I learned from this whole thing is I really really hate Sanwa parts. They're too loose and gross.

DryEyeRelief said:
Did you get to try all three characters? Who did you fight?

Yes, and Zangief. Always Zangief.

diztrukted said:
do you guys ever have trouble landing your BnB combo's online but can do it fine offline?

I'm running into this problem now and was wondering what the solution to that would be.
Getting better Internet will help, but latency will always be an issue then you play online.

USD

biosnake20 said:
when in nsb19 starting?
It's scheduled to start at 11 PM EST (about 10 hours from now), but I expect the stream to be up an hour or so before that. Stream will be on the NSB and NSB2 channels.

Earlier this week I saw Gama testing out the stream, trying to get it running at 60FPS with a solid bitrate. Would be godlike if it happens.

Satyamdas

Banned
God's Beard said:
I almost forgot, one big thing I learned from this whole thing is I really really hate Sanwa parts. They're too loose and gross.
ie1HZI.jpg

Honestly my TE was my first time ever using a Sanwa stick, buttons, AND square gate. I remember wiggling the stick and going "Oh fuck, I just wasted $100-whatever on some loosey goosey trash." Tried Seimitsus and an octo-gate, and stiffened the fuck out of the lever by adding an extra spring to give me that old Happ feeling I remembered from my SF2 arcade days. That never felt right so I went back to the stock Sanwa parts and learned the error of my ways. And now anything less feels like total shiteballs. Did stretch the spring to make the stick a smidge stiffer, though, but I have come to appreciate the superior Japanese way. ^_^

\(^o^)/

Satyamdas

Banned
Wiseblade said:
I still hold firm that Fuerte - Sakura is 7-3, but Wiseblade - DBJ is 1-9. ¬.¬
Who do you think you're fooling? Everybody knows dat DBJ Sakura is 10-0 vs. the world!

Actually, dbj sakura got blown up in PJ yesterday (twice?) by a Fuerte! ^_^ :eek:

cHaotix8

All DBJ needs to do is bring some food to FR.

diztrukted said:
so I've just got to adjust to it? Well thanks anyways!

Plinking helps a bit but you have to come to accept that online is a completely different game. That's why I don't really care about stuff like points.

USD

Toge said:
thiiisss!!! hopefully not the same time as i am in work tomorrow
Look about ten posts above you.

Also, they're trying to divide the chat by language, so if you want to enjoy English chat, use the NSB2 chat.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
SmokeMaxX said:

If you're going to use this for SFIV, make sure you use controller type B.

It uses the same button layout as the MVC2 FightStick (LB/RB for the heavy attacks).

cHaotix8 said:
All DBJ needs to do is bring some food to FR.

Plinking helps a bit but you have to come to accept that online is a completely different game. That's why I don't really care about stuff like points.

it sounds like thats case, I just don't understand how people land their BnB's so easily yet when I try to do mine, either the start off move comes out and the second one missed or the start off move doesn't come out at all.

It's disorienting, even though I'd love to play in IRL person-to-person, I don't really have a way of getting to where people in my region play.

hitsugi

diztrukted said:
it sounds like thats case, I just don't understand how people land their BnB's so easily yet when I try to do mine, either the start off move comes out and the second one missed or the start off move doesn't come out at all.

It's disorienting, even though I'd love to play in IRL person-to-person, I don't really have a way of getting to where people in my region play.
There is just no explaining online misshaps. Sometimes I'm landing 1 frame links all day, sometimes I can't do Guys FF chain to save my life.

Toge

USD said:
Look about ten posts above you.

Also, they're trying to divide the chat by language, so if you want to enjoy English chat, use the NSB2 chat.
Sorry man I browse gaf on my phone so I tend to miss things sorry again :'(

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Actually I'm better on a pad but I'll never go back to it. Comfort > Ouch.
All these damn people saying playing on a joystick makes you ten times better. It's getting old.

kmnon.png

Practice! Practice! Practice!

After dropping so much cash on school and my little trip last night, I can't justify purchasing a 4th xbox right now. PSN sucks ass, but buying a new SE is cheaper than a new console.

I hope online is still fun without headsets.

God's Beard said:
Ok guys, I've made my decision. I just ordered the Special Edition of Marvel Vs Capcom 3 from the Capcom store.

...it's the PS3 version.
embrace the lag <3

I see you ordered from the Capcom store though. I know that Shuma Gorath shirt must have tempted you, but good luck with shipping. They're notoriously late. :/

God's Beard said:
I'll talk to you.

God's Beard said:
After dropping so much cash on school and my little trip last night, I can't justify purchasing a 4th xbox right now. PSN sucks ass, but buying a new SE is cheaper than a new console.

You will soon realize the awesomeness of psngafchat. Welcome!

Solune

God's Beard said:

Don't have a bluetooth set? Or MvC3 doesn't support voice chat?

def sim

Oichi said:

Why am I butting in? Because this is a discussion forum and I want to know? Wasn't being hostile duder.

Way to go aspergers over my question though.

def sim

Heavy's Sandvich said:
Playing Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max on psp at the minute.

My zoning with M. Bison is gdlk

just mash on standing medium kick /realtalk

I wanted to love that game on PSP so much but playing it broke my hands.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
rance said:
Why am I butting in? Because this is a discussion forum and I want to know? Wasn't being hostile duder.

Way to go aspergers over my question though.

I'm not incredibly familiar with the technicalities either so someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it has to do with the contracts distributors are bound to and international trade agreements. Console games aren't really supposed to be sold outside their intended territories either, which is why when people in North America import games, they usually do so though businesses based in China.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom