• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
h3ro said:
Anyone else hearing Mike Ross' "OH NO... OH NO" ?
backtobasics7ru1.gif

(USD made this)

ThatCrazyGuy said:
How did he play lame? His hand combos were on point. He was sitting on D/B without moving that much.

He played the Honda match right against Ross (very defensive). I really liked his play in the other matches though.

El Sloth

Banned
FlightOfHeaven said:
I think it was lame that Ross was in there in the first place.
Why? Tatsu, Hugo101, and Crizzle were also there. And Wolfkrone was the one who won the 360 tourney. All well known tournament players.

cHaotix8 said:
No, he's from Corpus Christi. Funny thing is, Arthur beat him in the mirror match in yesterdays tournament.

I see. Damn, this Evo is going to be crazy. Random killers from all over the place. Gamerbee, Iperu, XSK Samurai, Vangief, Mike Chow, AndyOCR, Online Tony, Tatsu, etc all sprouting from the SFIV community, all new comers.

def sim

God's Beard said:
What? It's a tournament.

NO TOURNAMENT PLAYERS ALLOWED IN TOURNAMENTS.

I'm guessing he assumed Evo online was intended only for casuals. Silly stuff since the prize is a free trip to compete in IRL Evo.

FindMyFarms said:
>>Jewelman is a lot better online than he is offline<< SMH at him winning EVO online :/ Good stuff though, gotta show love to my TX peeps, but I think Ross and Hugo101 would have both beaten him offline.

The Honda we play against in Dallas is Seiei Enbu AKA Team White Guys AKA Retekin AKA Arthur my roommate lawlz.

Man, you got paid!! He seems to be pretty decent to get top three. Man, Burnyourbra must be pretty good to get 9th.

I'm sure most of those high-level players would do a little better offline than online. But one can't deny that tournament players seem to place high.

FindMyFarms said:
>>Jewelman is a lot better online than he is offline<< SMH at him winning EVO online :/ Good stuff though, gotta show love to my TX peeps, but I think Ross and Hugo101 would have both beaten him offline.

The Honda we play against in Dallas is Seiei Enbu AKA Team White Guys AKA Retekin AKA Arthur my roommate lawlz.
Stealth bragging is stealthy. ^_^

Also, stop ducking me. I'm friends with your roommate on XBL. ^_^

dragonballjoseph said:
Stealth bragging is stealthy. ^_^

Also, stop ducking me. I'm friends with your roommate on XBL. ^_^

Nah i'm just sayin that I don't consider myself or my roommate(or anyone from TX really) to be on Mike Ross's level and we both beat jewelman consistently. I'm not saying Jewelman is bad, he's a great player, but he does have an edge when it comes to online play.

FindMyFarms said:
Nah i'm just sayin that I don't consider myself or my roommate(or anyone from TX really) to be on Mike Ross's level and we both beat jewelman consistently. I'm not saying Jewelman is bad, he's a great player, but he does have an edge when it comes to online play.
I think I'm the same way as Jewelman actually. I'd probably do better in tournies if I was awarded superficial points. lol

Yo, I can't wait till we watch the youtube of FMF vs. DBJ @ Final Round.

Evo's problem is it's still niche in the ghetto fighting game community. But I hope with MK9 and MVC3, the turnout is bananas.

Spiderjericho said:
Yo, I can't wait till we watch the youtube of FMF vs. DBJ @ Final Round.

Evo's problem is it's still niche in the ghetto fighting game community. But I hope with MK9 and MVC3, the turnout is bananas.
I plan on streaming GAF casuals whenever we meet up for final round. So you'll see it live!

And i didn't even know about SRK or EVO until the end of 2009. Heck, I didn't even know about Final Round until a week before it happened last year.

I'm just saying it's lame Ross (or any other famed tourney player) was there because I'd like to see someone new and relatively unknown have a shot at going to Evo. More big name players being created can only be a good thing.

But I am an ignorant pleb when it comes to fighting games and the scene, so carry on.

Axis

FlightOfHeaven said:
I'm just saying it's lame Ross (or any other famed tourney player) was there because I'd like to see someone new and relatively unknown have a shot at going to Evo. More big name players being created can only be a good thing.

let them earn it

N4Us

I wasn't around when it happened, but apparently one of my XBL friends (who's notorious among us for having a not-so-great internet connection) managed to get into an SRKLive lobby when they were streaming a few days back.

When it was his turn, apparently he caused the SRKLive's console to crash and their stream to freeze. [lolsmiley.gif] Trying to see if it's in their archives.

edit: ^ I feel you Log, Dan was horrid to get to C.

Another Sunday, another day I work, and another finals of a Street Fighter tournament that I missed :(

Oh wellz, at least I can still watch the archive.

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
First of all, sorry about the size of my av. It was given to me by a power-tripping mod in one of the sports threads, presumably to get me banned the next time i posted? I don't know, i don't really care what he was thinking, but that whole situation was irritating to say the least. That's the main reason i haven't been around, apart from having less free time.

CPS2 said:
Thanks for posting this, and the ones before it too. I'm glad everyone still seems to be enjoying them.

FlightOfHeaven said:
Why is he still doing SFIV?
I'm trying to finish this Combo DVD that i announced last year. It might disappoint a lot of people if i canceled it, so i feel it's my responsiblity to get it done and to do a good job so that nobody can accuse me of slacking on it.

Honestly if it wasn't for that, i would've stopped a while ago - probably before Chun Li. It's not that i'm more interested in SF4 than SSF4. I'm just obligated to see this through with SF4. Even though when all is said and done, i'll probably end up with a fair amount of bonus content that nobody's expecting at all.

Threi said:
so ultra > super does juggle.

I kept trying it in training mode myself for fun but could never get it lol
For some strange reason, it only works if you hold Kick during ultra. Then you have to get the second hit of the super to connect, because the first hit always whiffs. So spacing is important too, because he'll just slide under if you're too close.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Majestros said:
First of all, sorry about the size of my av. It was given to me by a power-tripping mod in one of the sports threads, presumably to get me banned the next time i posted? I don't know, i don't really care what he was thinking, but that whole situation was irritating to say the least. That's the main reason i haven't been around, apart from having less free time.
Well, enough of that nonsense.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Been seeing a lot of Yeb lately. He was at some tournament reppin the Gen recently and I just saw a few vids of him on Shin Akuma's YouTube. I guess he's back?

LakeEarth

Majestros said:
For some strange reason, it only works if you hold Kick during ultra. Then you have to get the second hit of the super to connect, because the first hit always whiffs. So spacing is important too, because he'll just slide under if you're too close.
Yeah, kicks just comes out 1 frame faster for whatever reason.

EDIT - ooh, re-read. Probably a hitbox thing.

CPS2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom