• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
N4Us said:
Keits is definitely gonna be a Top 8 contender for quite a while, from what I can see.

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom — Top 8
1. EG Marn
2. KBeast
3. EG Justin Wong
4. Kurasa
5. Psychochronic
5. Royal Flush
7. skisonic
7. Keits

You guys are right. He'll definitely be top 8, especially since Mike Ross, Shady K, Ricky Ortiz, John Choi, all of the players on Wednesday Night Fights, the Empire (Sanford, Yipes, Die, Huggy Bear, Twisted Jago, etc), CTF crowd, all of the online warriors, etc won't be playing.

I'm not trying to troll or say he won't be a top player, as he has obviously been a fan and has gotten some quality hands-on time. But all of the tournaments in the last year with surprise players/upsets and online Evo have shown us that there are some hungry fighting-game players out there.

If Evo has a crazy cash prize for MVC3, it's going to be ridiculous. It's already going to be ridiculous @ Final Round, etc.

Spiderjericho said:
1. EG Marn
2. KBeast
3. EG Justin Wong
4. Kurasa
5. Psychochronic
5. Royal Flush
7. skisonic
7. Keits

You guys are right. He'll definitely be top 8, especially since Mike Ross, Shady K, Ricky Ortiz, John Choi, all of the players on Wednesday Night Fights, the Empire (Sanford, Yipes, Die, Huggy Bear, Twisted Jago, etc), CTF crowd, all of the online warriors, etc won't be playing.

I'm not trying to troll or say he won't be a top player, as he has obviously been a fan and has gotten some quality hands-on time. But all of the tournaments in the last year with surprise players/upsets and online Evo have shown us that there are some hungry fighting-game players out there.

If Evo has a crazy cash prize for MVC3, it's going to be ridiculous. It's already going to be ridiculous @ Final Round, etc.

They won't?

God's Beard said:
My intro video won me a free copy of Marvel 3! So now I'll have it for 360 and PS3 whenever I get a new xbox.
Congrats! Will you be able to show us or is Capcom holding it for release closer to mid-February?

N4Us

Spiderjericho said:
1. EG Marn
2. KBeast
3. EG Justin Wong
4. Kurasa
5. Psychochronic
5. Royal Flush
7. skisonic
7. Keits

Well, yeah, all the competition from TvC+MvC2+Newcomers is definitely gonna be packed.

I'm probably just premature with my last statement but I won't be surprised if he does exceptionally well for a while.

Nah, I doubt he'll make top 8. SF4's players will migrate to that game as well and the competition will be bigger than TvC. He'll have to work even harder and perform better when a lot of fighting game talent enters the playing field.

N4Us said:
Well, yeah, all the competition from TvC+MvC2+Newcomers is definitely gonna be packed.

I'm probably just premature with my last statement but I won't be surprised if he does exceptionally well for a while.

He'll do ok, I can't see Keits getting top 8 consistently outside of the first month though. Too much talent from SF4 is going to migrate to MvC3. The comp in TvC is laughable, getting top 8 there isn't really saying anything.

hey guys! havn't been able to post, been feeling like absolute shit the past few days.

but thanks for all who watched the Crossroads Stream! and thanks to Shingin and LevelUp for holdin it down!

it was a great success and plan's are in the works for Crossroads 2 later this year! So, God's Beard, hopefully you can make it out to the next one!

EraldoCoil said:
hey guys! havn't been able to post, been feeling like absolute shit the past few days.

but thanks for all who watched the Crossroads Stream! and thanks to Shingin and LevelUp for holdin it down!

it was a great success and plan's are in the works for Crossroads 2 later this year! So, God's Beard, hopefully you can make it out to the next one!
Is it gonna be Fresno again or are you gonna do a real central cal tourny in SLO? Halfway between SF and LA, baby!

USD

http://www.capcom.co.jp/blog/sf4/development_blog/2011/02/01_3029.html

CHUN-LI
-Focus Attack armor box is larger, extended forward, so some attacks that would whiff before won't

Focus armor box in AE
eDWhT.jpg

-Backflip Kick (DF+LK) start-up is 12F, and hitbox is somewhat smaller, so it might be harder use in the same way in AE

EL FUERTE
-Major changes to Ultra Spark (UC2)
-Start-up is 4F (1F slower), and hitbox shrinks right after the move hits active frames
-11 Active frames
-After the 5F active frame, hitbox becomes bigger; by the 11F the hitbox is the same size it was in Super
-Damage is now 450 (down from 500)

UC2 damage in Super
XcjxH.jpg

UC2 damage in AE
1Oc4U.jpg

SAKURA
-st.MK hurtbox from the shin to tip is cut, making it easier to use as a check
-Depending on the situation, it can be used as a front anti-air

st.MK in AE
TS9SD.jpg

-No changes to cr.HP, but because the move is 4F and forces stand, it's a good move to include in combos
-In the last two active fames, the hitbox becomes bigger, and there's no hurtbox from the wrist to tip, making it an unusually strong anti-air

cr.HP
lYpfh.jpg

CODY
-Almost no changes to hitboxes
-The now-3F cr.LK has extremely long reach, and is easy to use as a poke
-The move is only +2 on hit, so you can't link after it, but we recommend cancelling it into Ruffian Kick

cr.LK
XlMIZ.jpg

GUILE
-A number of damage changes introduced
-Flash Kick is now 100/120/130 for LK/MK/HK (down from 130/140/160)
-Sonic Hurricane does 300 damage (down from 420), start-up is 10 frames (slower from 1+7)
- Flying Mare (neutral/forward air throw) and Flying Buster Drop (back air throw) are now 4F, so be aware they're slightly different from Super

UC2 damage in Super
io1vP.jpg

UC2 damage in AE
0k8Im.jpg

M.BISON
-st.HK, frequently used as a poke, anti-air, etc., does different damage at the tip and base, as mentioned in the previous blgo
-80 damage from the calf to tip, 110 at point-blank
-Has two hitboxes, but only one actually hits

st.HK in AE
aDb5w.jpg

-cr.LK has a bigger hurtbox, extended foward
-Depending on your opponents attack, it might be stuffed or trade more often

cr.LK in AE
huRHl.jpg

Next week is E.Honda, Gouken, Rose, Ibuki, Seth, and Akuma.

USD

I really don't understand the changes to Sonic Hurricane. What do they even want you to use it for? If Flash Kick FADC UC2 still works, it's hardly worth it, since both moves do less damage. It's slower, making it harder to use as anti-air. The new damage value is also at full charge, so using a half-charged Ultra is now basically tickling your opponent. You might as well just use UC1 all time, at least it gives you damage.

SmokeMaxX

USD said:
I really don't understand the changes to Sonic Hurricane. What do they even want you to use it for? If Flash Kick FADC UC2 still works, it's hardly worth it, since both moves do less damage. It's slower, making it harder to use as anti-air. The new damage value is also at full charge, so using a half-charged Ultra is now basically tickling your opponent. You might as well just use UC1 all time, at least it gives you damage.
My guess is that they want you to use it only in projectile wars since Guile builds less meter from sonic booms and SSF4 meter building was what helped keep Guile at about the same level as shotos in SSF4.

Guile doesn't need extra damage in combos because he's a keepaway character. He doesn't need an anti-air ultra because basically he has 2-3 other really good anti-air options. He doesn't need extra damage off Flash Kick fadc since his reward for the safe flash kick should be "getting out" not doing damage to you + getting out.

Wiseblade

USD said:
[EL FUERTE
-Start-up is 4F (1F slower), and hitbox shrinks right after the move hits active frames
-11 Active frames
-After the 5F active frame, hitbox becomes bigger; by the 11F the hitbox is the same size it was in Super

UC2 damage in Super
XcjxH.jpg

UC2 damage in AE
1Oc4U.jpg

450 damage is the same as Zangief's/T.Hawk's U2, so that isn't bad at all. It's just a shame that they also moved the majority of the damage to the "spinny" part of the ultra too. I'm going to miss doing 300 damage in a single hit...

I'm far more worried about the hitbox changes. When I played AE a couple of weeks ago I didn't notice anything, but from the sound of things catching whiffed normals and some special may become significantly harder/impossible.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Anyone up for some games on xbl later? Just got back into the game.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I might play with you sometime. But only if you sign a waiver that says I'm not responsible for any heart attacks that may result.

black_vegeta said:
I played some last night for the 1st in a long time, sooooooo rusty.

Even though I suck at this game, I suck even more.

Tell me about it. I did the same thing and was getting bodied pretty badly, even moreso than normal.

JoeFenix

I want to get back into SSF4, is anyone playing on XBL? I'm not a great player but I'm always up for learning and getting better!

Gamertag is JoeFenix, hit me up if you want to kick my ass!

Mikhal

USD said:
EL FUERTE
-11 Active frames

UC2 damage in Super
XcjxH.jpg

UC2 damage in AE
1Oc4U.jpg

I love how they use Yun of all people to show the damage in Super compared to AE...

Yo Markman, when you gonna make a stick with that godlike Seimitsu LS-56-01?

Don't make me mod a Steel Battalion controller. You won't like me when I'm angry.

Corky

Lost Fragment said:
I might play with you sometime. But only if you sign a waiver that says I'm not responsible for any heart attacks that may result.

xD! I wish I was kidding but I've already ripped out my 360 and vowed to never play again :I

black_vegeta said:
I played some last night for the 1st in a long time, sooooooo rusty.

Even though I suck at this game, I suck even more.

Did the same thing earlier in the week. Played for about an hour and ended up wanting to throw my controller through my tv.

Corky

Sir Garbageman said:
Did the same thing earlier in the week. Played for about an hour and ended up wanting to throw my controller through my tv.

See!

I'm not the only crazy one, ya'll are crazy.

Sir Garbageman said:

I lost 600 BP and 200 PP. I lost more than that at first, but I made a comeback after getting used to the laggy ass timing.

So as my last hurrah before a probable switch over to MvC3 I've started playing a bit of Dan. And you know what? I actually kinda like it. He's not as toothless as I expected (I get lots of mileage out of lk Dan Kicks) but I still feel like I really earned it every time that I get a win. On the downside everyone seems to think that I'm trolling, even though I don't taunt at all, and I get like 5 times the hate mail that I used to get. I think that I'm actually improving my mental game and blocking by not having super safe pokes that I can just throw out there all the time.

On a totally random side note in addition to video games I really love to read non-fiction history books on random topics. So to mix things up a bit I started reading books related to the games that I was playing. So after playing Assassin's Creed II I read a biography on Lorenzo De'Medici and after playing STALKER I hit up a few history books on Chernobyl. Street Fighter was throwing me for a bit of a loop though, until I randomly ran into the perfect fit digging around the library.

41Ozw6fi2kL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

I'm expecting an entire chapter on Blanka at by the end.

black_vegeta said:
I lost 600 BP and 200 PP. I lost more than that at first, but I made a comeback after getting used to the laggy ass timing.

I just play for fun now.....online is too ass making it impossible to level up properly.

black_vegeta said:

I haven't played in weeks and for whatever reason I was playing super aggressive and making bonehead mistakes.

Out of all competitive multiplayer games, I think fighting game skills deteriorate the fastest.

Dem Guile nerfs. I've always wanted to see how the devs justify some of these changes, and who influenced them as well.

Speaking of which, is there a place I that lists all the changes for all the old SF2 games? I've always been curious. Of course we all have an idea of what's been changed over the years, but has someone actually listed them all out?

the_log_ride said:
Speaking of which, is there a place I that lists all the changes for all the old SF2 games? I've always been curious. Of course we all have an idea of what's been changed over the years, but has someone actually listed them all out?
Yeah, that is quite curious. I think WW (?) Guile had some bullshit where he could dizzy you in like 3 hits, perform some kind of throw glitch that leaves you in the dizzy state and other BS.

LakeEarth

black_vegeta said:
I lost 450pp in 3 matches the other day. -128, -123, -114, same guy each time. He was definitely better than his score led me to believe.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I just play Endless these days. The level of comp from randoms seems far more consistent than in ranked, and the ones that aren't that good tend to leave after a match or two. Maybe it's just me.

Imm0rt4l

I was playing a guy player in ranked who had a shit ton of bp, beat him twice molywhoped him on the 3rd and he started kicking me from his rooms after that. I wasn't actively hunting him down, but looking for "more skilled". Currently at 4kpp, saw a guy with over 7k the other day named old goku which kinda triped me out.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Imm0rt4l said:
I was playing a guy player in ranked who had a shit ton of bp, beat him twice molywhoped him on the 3rd and he started kicking me from his rooms after that. I wasn't actively hunting him down, but looking for "more skilled". Currently at 4kpp, saw a guy with over 7k the other day named old goku which kinda triped me out.

Yeah something similar happened to me with some Chun player once. I noticed a while back this same guy was uploading videos on SRK of him beating top players in random ranked matches, and it kinda made me lol that he was uploading these vids to make himself look like a badass, but dodged little ol' me.

But he actually is pretty good from what I remember. Not top-player good or anything, but good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom