• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cHaotix8

_dementia said:
Yeah the Asus. It's a night and day difference from my old Samsung.

Make sure you have it in Game Mode. The first two weeks I had mines I was playing on standard and it messed me up.

Lost Fragment said:
Been getting an inordinate amount of silly messages lately.

I was messing around with Rufus the other day and some dude sends me "You're not Justin Wong." Well, no fucking shit. You have to be Justin Wong to play Rufus or something?

Then some other dude sends me a message when I was playing Bison, talking about how he mains Bison and mine is pretty terrible and that I should pick another character since AE is gonna eat me and my terrible Bison alive. Yes, my Bison is terrible, but I've never really played Bison before the past few days. For some reason, some people have this idea that every time someone plays a match they're always taking it super seriously and they always use their mains and that they're like, never allowed to fuck around with characters they don't really play.

lol Xbox

Like that on PS3 side, too. Online matches are serious business apparently.

JeTmAn81

Has Hakan been buffed for AE? It seems a shame that one of the two new characters for Super is apparently bottom-tier. He's really a fun character and I can't help laughing even when it's my Akuma that is getting squirted out for a high-speed faceplant.

Lost Fragment said:
Been getting an inordinate amount of silly messages lately.

I was messing around with Rufus the other day and some dude sends me "You're not Justin Wong." Well, no fucking shit. You have to be Justin Wong to play Rufus or something?

Then some other dude sends me a message when I was playing Bison, talking about how he mains Bison and mine is pretty terrible and that I should pick another character since AE is gonna eat me and my terrible Bison alive. Yes, my Bison is terrible, but I've never really played Bison before the past few days. For some reason, some people have this idea that every time someone plays a match they're always taking it super seriously and they always use their mains and that they're like, never allowed to fuck around with characters they don't really play.

lol Xbox

I sent a message to a person playing a very shitty Adon (this was right after GamerBee being at EVO). I said "Shitty LamerBee."

He replied, "can't I fucking experiment with new characters, shit!?"

LOL.................................I felt like a dick afterwards. :(

the_log_ride said:
Online matches are serious business apparently.

This as well.

black_vegeta said:
I sent a message to a person playing a very shitty Adon (this was right after GamerBee being at EVO). I said "Shitty LamerBee."

This as well.

I used Ryu for the first time in ranked. Lost 8 in a row. Tried Blanka for the first time in ranked. 6 game winning streak.

I am trying to learn Akuma. How do you guys even use shotos? How do they work?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
notworksafe said:
I've gotten a PSN message that was yelling at me for using throws and described them as "cheating". Gotta love stuff like that.

Eh, I got same thing on 360. He kept getting close to me and I grabbed him most of time. Sometime, I airgrabbed him in air.

He ragequitted and I send him a message to see why. He said I grabbed too much and I cheated.

I chuckled, I admit.

I got too much rage and nasty messages from players on 360. If they don't like to lose then don't play.

MiniBossBattle said:
I used Ryu for the first time in ranked. Lost 8 in a row. Tried Blanka for the first time in ranked. 6 game winning streak.

I am trying to learn Akuma. How do you guys even use shotos? How do they work?

cr.MK xx Fireballs all day, and MASH DEM JABS

notworksafe

And shoryuken when your opponent jumps at you. Most players online seem to forget that srk is a great anti-air and will jump at you all day.

IntelliHeath said:
Eh, I got same thing on 360. He kept getting close to me and I grabbed him most of time. Sometime, I airgrabbed him in air.

He ragequitted and I send him a message to see why. He said I grabbed too much and I cheated.

I chuckled, I admit.

I got too much rage and nasty messages from players on 360. If they don't like to lose then don't play.
Yeah, that's essentially the same thing that happened in my match. Thing is, I'm not what one would call "good", but when someone keeps leaving themselves open, I'll take advantage of it.

prodystopian said:
Nice did you adjust any of the settings. I've got it looking nice in Standard mode for web surfing, but in gaming mode, it looks a bit off and I haven't been able to dial in the colors.
Game mode turns off the post-precessing to ensure a lag free as possible experience. I just use game mode for games.

Imm0rt4l

black_vegeta said:

This as well.

Haha I just made a psn account this week for when my roommate/friends come over and want to play and they can't fuck with my account. The handle is super scrub, and I can't lie I've actually logged onto the account and trolled, but if I'm on it I'm usually just trying different characters.

the_log_ride said:

Sounds like Balrog

black_vegeta said:

This as well.

ahahaha, u r a bad man

the_log_ride said:

Fuck dat, mash lp srk all day.

Mash to the point where the "SHORYUKEN" audio doesn't even finish. SHORYU, SHORYU, SHORYU, SHORYU, SHORYU, SHORYU, SHORYU, SHORYU, SHORYU, SHORYU, SHORYU, SHORYU, SHORYU, SHORYU, SHORYU, SHORYU, SHORYU, SHORYU, SHORYU, SHORYU, SHORYU...

You should only stop mashing because your hands are cramping up. That's the true Shoto way!

Threi

notag
black_vegeta said:

i mean damn man at least not use a char that beats damn near everyone when you send that

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Instant air burning kick is pretty much the ultimate newbie troll move. When they finally start blocking the right way, just start making it hit from the other side.

explodet

JeTmAn81 said:
Has Hakan been buffed for AE? It seems a shame that one of the two new characters for Super is apparently bottom-tier. He's really a fun character and I can't help laughing even when it's my Akuma that is getting squirted out for a high-speed faceplant.
Hakan got a few new toys, like oil shower stacking, and an LK oil shower followup to oil slide.
And I believe they tweaked inputs so the oil slide/oil rocket issue isn't as bad (seriously? seriously? seriously?)

As long as Hakan remains oily fun tier, it's all good.

El Sloth said:
Congrats on popping your tournament cherry! Sounds like you had fun. I have yet to go to a tourney because I have no confidence in my skills, but reading stories like yours make me want to go anyways. Were the matches recorded?

Yeah i did have fun. Obviously it sucked not getting that fight money, but seriously, whats the worst that could happen when you go? You lose? big deal.
Some of the matches were being recorded or streamed, im not sure which. The guy who was doing commentary was pretty funny though.

Probably the best moments were watching Zeniside (Gnarly Seth, plays on the peaceful jay stream sometimes) completely body some viper. The guy afterwards was salty as fuck, complaining about seth's 50-50's and how he couldnt do anything (which is true, especially with viper)
Also, a player called Whybee was having a good match with a viper but was on the verge of death. The viper tried a burn kick to chip him out but he activated juri's U2 at the last second and caught him with it for a full KO. The place went nuts.
I definately plan on actually playing now and getting ready for the next tourney

JeTmAn81 said:

I'm pretty sure Hakan has both oil stacking as well as quicker oil application. He also has SERIOUSLY?

Satyamdas

Banned
Lost Fragment said:
Then some other dude sends me a message when I was playing Bison, talking about how he mains Bison and mine is pretty terrible and that I should pick another character since AE is gonna eat me and my terrible Bison alive. Yes, my Bison is terrible, but I've never really played Bison before the past few days.
Fucking DBJ, I swear for being so gdlk at the game the dude has zero class. ^_^

I've also been getting more hate messages recently. "UR CHEAP!" "U PLAY LIKE A [insert gay slur]!!" Quite amusing, really. The best troll response I have come up with is to send the nastiest, most venom-dripping, shit-talking message back (usually with a rhetorical question) so that I KNOW they'll want to respond to it, and then I immediately hit the Block Communication button. This means I have to imagine their outrage, but it's a price I'm willing to pay to be Master Troll™.

problem.png

Imm0rt4l said:
I'm not a biter I'm a writer for myself and others
I do a gouken move, I'm only biggin up my brother

yea he can airdash up, down, forward and back.
its not a airdash
its a special move. if he makes contact with a char it attacks and can be supercancelled.

_dementia said:
Yeah, just look at all those tourneys he's winning.

except the people who are talking about blanka...arent tournament level. and the ones who are are often talking about fighting blanka...on the internet. so...next?

blanka online. do random shit. mash/autofire electricity. very hard to deal with.

black_vegeta said:
Same could be said with Rog.

I don't why people say this...
because they have no valid argument.

AkumaHokoru said:
its not a airdash
its a special move. if he makes contact with a char it attacks and can be supercancelled.

How does this work? Isn't his super the demon? If they are hit, doesn't the hitstun prevent them from being grabbed by it?

AkumaHokoru said:
except the people who are talking about blanka...arent tournament level. and the ones who are are often talking about fighting blanka...on the internet. so...next?

blanka online. do random shit. mash/autofire electricity. very hard to deal with.
And I said scrubs can't fight him. Where's the disagreement exactly?

Satyamdas

Banned
_dementia said:
Yeah, just look at all those tourneys he's winning.
I don't think people hate Blanka because they don't know how to beat him, or because he gets easy wins. I have a great record vs. Blanka but I still hate fighting him because of his style. I don't like his stupid hop back-n-forth tick into throw or electricity shit, I don't like 500 crossups, I don't like the invincibility on EX Upball or that Yoga Tower doesn't avoid regular Blanka Balls, I don't like that his slide has 914 active frames, I don't like his sound effects/voice, his stupid ambiguous U1 on my wakeup or the retarded amount of chip damage it does, etc. He's just not a fun character to fight. I'm sure people feel that way about fighting Sim, and finding Sim annoying is legitimate too. I just don't think Sim has that built-in troll element to him that Blanka does. You are trolled just by virtue of fighting Blanka.

Satyamdas said:
I've also been getting more hate messages recently. "UR CHEAP!" "U PLAY LIKE A [insert gay slur]!!" Quite amusing, really. The best troll response I have come up with is to send the nastiest, most venom-dripping, shit-talking message back (usually with a rhetorical question) so that I KNOW they'll want to respond to it, and then I immediately hit the Block Communication button. This means I have to imagine their outrage, but it's a price I'm willing to pay to be Master Troll™.

When I get hatemail I just send back friendly, flirty messages like "Love playing against you sweetie! XOXO." The responses that I get back after that tend to be quite amusing...

Satyamdas said:
This means I have to imagine their outrage, but it's a price I'm willing to pay to be Master Troll™.
problem.png

I send pretend hatemail.

Subject: OMG U SUCK LOL
Body: Just kidding good game, play again some time!

TheFightingFish said:
When I get hatemail I just send back friendly, flirty messages like "Love playing against you sweetie! XOXO." The responses that I get back after that tend to be quite amusing...

I'm so stealing that

black_vegeta said:
What nerfs did he get nalied with?

Yun, Yang, and Fei

Nah, 'Sim got hit with dmg nerfs to a bunch of shit (normals, flames, and super), and slowed down start up of his st.LK.

But I think he needed the dmg toned down to encourage us to rush down our opponents more. It's alright, It'll kinda feel like Vanilla again, which means I'll be on suicide watch.

Stay free, me.

And there's definitely an art to trolling. You guys got some good ideas in here. Gonna have to try 'em out for myself.

MiniBossBattle said:
Log_ride - AE Fei player confirmed.

haha! Nah, man.

He'll be my 2ndary to Yun :p

the_log_ride said:
Yun, Yang, and Fei

Nah, 'Sim got hit with dmg nerfs to a bunch of shit (normals, flames, and super), and slowed down start up of his st.LK.

But I think he needed the dmg toned down to encourage us to rush down our opponents more. It's alright, It'll kinda feel like Vanilla again, which means I'll be on suicide watch.

Stay free, me.

Log_ride - AE Fei player confirmed.

jlai

Speaking of monitors, does anyone know of a good 27"ish monitor that has the low input lag suitable for execution/timing based games like SF4?

Satyamdas

Banned
TheFightingFish said:
Yeah I used to do that too, especially in response to the "UR A F**" msgs. I'd indulge their gay fantasies, but it turns out they wanted to keep messaging back and forth way more than I was interested in. Now I am too busy grinding dat ranked to bother, I just hit em with the Troll Fatality and keep it movin.

the_log_ride said:
Actually it's just the recovery that got slowed down, and by 1 frame by most accounts. So it's nothing. The damage reduction on normals and EX Flame is BS, but I can live with Super being 300. His j.mp also got fucked with, it trades a lot now whereas in Super that shit was GDLK and damn near invincible.

Satyamdas said:
Yeah I used to do that too, especially in response to the "UR A F**" msgs. I'd indulge their gay fantasies, but it turns out they wanted to keep messaging back and forth way more than I was interested in. Now I am too busy grinding dat ranked to bother, I just hit em with the Troll Fatality and keep it movin.

Actually it's just the recovery that got slowed down, and by 1 frame by most accounts. So it's nothing. The damage reduction on normals and EX Flame is BS, but I can live with Super being 300. His j.mp also got fucked with, it trades a lot now whereas in Super that shit was GDLK and damn near invincible.

just standing LK, right? not Back+LK? You're right though. Super nerf is tolerable, but the other stuff is a head-scratcher to me. I'm just mad salty, man. Like an improved cr.MP is supposed to make up for shit? I've got a feeling that AE is gonna be rough times...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom