• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
CcrooK said:
There's new rumors?

yeah sorry should've been more specific but yea something along the lines of " we're heading in the right direction with regards to a pcversion ".

So basically what dementia said.

Leunam

The good thing about Super is that it’s very well balanced. If you look at the tournaments, you see a lot of different characters participating, which you don’t see in a lot of other fighting games. Arcade Edition is kind of a special case in that it’s kind of deliberately not so well rounded. There are some extreme personalities, some “ultimate evil” style characters – we wanted them to be tuned up a bit and the player to think about “how am I supposed to beat this ultimate character?” It’s a little more geared towards the hardcore...

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

esbern said:
you have two twin teenagers that skate board around all day and are blowing up your 'ultimate evil characters' ono, and most other characters too.
I think those are the cats he's talking about. The demon characters aren't out officially yet.

Ono has a point though. There are tons of people who love unbalanced/broken shit. Just look at the long tournament lives for games like 3S and MvC2.

XenoRaven

_dementia said:
I think those are the cats he's talking about. The demon characters aren't out officially yet.

Ono has a point though. There are tons of people who love unbalanced/broken shit. Just look at the long tournament lives for games like 3S and MvC2.
They have been announced though. If you take away the leak this statement could be taken as a way to hype Evil Ryu and Oni before their actual release.

I honestly don't think Yun and Yang could be considered "ultimate." It's still pretty early on. Great characters, but not so great that we're going to be reliving 3S or MVC2. Of course, we already know that E. Ryu and Oni aren't even that great. Basically this is just Ono being Ono. The dude just says things. They may not even necessarily make any sense.

Imm0rt4l said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6LBrBiwMHo&feature=player_embedded#

pretty dope last round

It'll probably be taken down soon
Oni's cross through slash thingy looks like something I will never block correctly ever.
At least with EX I know to block the side opposite me.

BotoxAgent said:
I've been trying learn Blanka lately. I'm so sorry GAF!!
Cool. GAF lacks Blankas. Diversity is fun.

Just one question though: "U tight?"

I got my new monitor. It's great.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
glZ0l.jpg

:)

lol, can't blame you GAF. Even though I am learning blanka, I still have a deep hatred towards the green bastard. I played Vexco, and he left after 2 fights (even though he won both of them, lol)...no one likes fighting blanka.

The combination of Tsrai videos and the discussion about Honda and his jab-->hands, made me realize that I should work on tightening up my piano input execution. Dementia - u tight? lol

My blanka is complete ass right now. But it's nice terrorizing flowchart shotos online by being uber lame.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Joekage said:
So I decided my secondary is going to be Ken. Alternating between him and Cody on XBL. My win percentage with Cody is miles ahead of Ken but man, now I know why scrubs have so much fun with him. Something about hitting that fierce shoryuken that warms your soul. Even better when you're hit confirming it haha. Although, it seems most people aren't used to Ken's who can anti-air dp.. it's legitimately where I get 60% of my damage from haha. Don't even get me started on anti-air U1 lol

If you're gonna shoto, at least do it with Evil Ryu so you can say "I'm a kid and evil Ryu is badass *tee-hee*." :|

Careful, you don't want to turn into this (kidding)

FOREVER A BALL.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
popped in SF4 vanilla PS3 today and spent fifteen minutes trying to find someone, ANYONE, to play. And when I finally do he counter-picks (oh vanilla) and rage-quits 30 seconds into the first round. MOTHERFUCKER WHAT YOU DIDNT EVEN HAVE A HIGH BP

... I just wanted to play the game. :c

I need to buy super

Imm0rt4l

~Devil Trigger~ said:
Akuma biting Gouken's style

I'm not a biter I'm a writer for myself and others
I do a gouken move, I'm only biggin up my brother

the_log_ride said:
Does he have a double jump? Or was that a dash upwards after jumping?

Pretty brutal win animation, too, at the end.
yea he can airdash up, down, forward and back.

notworksafe

The good thing about Super is that it’s very well balanced. If you look at the tournaments, you see a lot of different characters participating, which you don’t see in a lot of other fighting games. Arcade Edition is kind of a special case in that it’s kind of deliberately not so well rounded. There are some extreme personalities, some “ultimate evil” style characters – we wanted them to be tuned up a bit and the player to think about “how am I supposed to beat this ultimate character?” It’s a little more geared towards the hardcore...
Ugh , I hate this. So basically anyone not playing an S tier character needs godlike execution and strategy in order to win? Wasn't the whole point of 4 to not need godlike execution and be less geared toward the fighting hardcore? Lame.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
notworksafe said:
Ugh , I hate this. So basically anyone not playing an S tier character needs godlike execution and strategy in order to win? Wasn't the whole point of 4 to not need godlike execution and be less geared toward the fighting hardcore? Lame.

The moment FADC was introduced, SF4 became skewed towards the hardcore. People chose not to see it, but that's really the mechanic that skews it.

Basically, use Yun/Yang/Akuma for tourneys, use who you like for casuals.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
notworksafe said:
it's vanilla sagat all over again!

notworksafe

Kintaro said:
The moment FADC was introduced, SF4 became skewed towards the hardcore. People chose not to see it, but that's really the mechanic that skews it.

Fuck that! Ken always!

Juri sometimes...

hitsugi

Kintaro said:
Why Akuma over fei long? If your execution is on point, fei is really ridiculous.. Can't even dash against him

Does a quote like that from trollno actually validate banning these characters from tournament play? The first impressions from oni and evil were that they werent too terrible unbalanced, but judging by that oni x rose vid oni has quite a bit of health which is the traditional balance against highly offensive characters. This also doesnt even take into account that at least 2 more characters are liable to be released. Who knows how strong they will be...

Kintaro said:

haha Ono's trolling you guys hard.

Onion_Relish said:
Does a quote like that from trollno actually validate banning these characters from tournament play? The first impressions from oni and evil were that they werent too terrible unbalanced, but judging by that oni x rose vid oni has quite a bit of health which is the traditional balance against highly offensive characters. This also doesnt even take into account that at least 2 more characters are liable to be released. Who knows how strong they will be...
How fucking troll would it be if one of the new characters was O.Sagat?

no U2, no Angry Scar, returning LK cancel, vanilla health/damage.

El Sloth

Banned
Onion_Relish said:
Yesterday was my first street fighter tournament!

Vancouver Street Battle: 3v3 Teams and Singles

Overall it was a fun but poorly executed times. After the first half of teams got finished too many people started jumping around and getting lost and generally dragging ass. We started at 2 and finished at 7 =/ Unfortunately I was pretty free during the teams but i got some respect in the singles. Lost a nail biter with an Akuma that I know i could have beaten, then after going 1-1 with a dudley he switched to chun and gave me a whoopin. I was so worn down by that time that I forgot how to block lol.

All in all though I hope they have another one and seeing as I havent played for about 4 months I think i did alright. Managed to pull of a clutch nightmare booster through an akuma fireball and had a guy go "holy shit did you see that? that was fucking clutch!"

Feelsgoodman.jpg

Now I know why there is so much love for the street fighter scene in America. You guys have such good competitors!
Congrats on popping your tournament cherry! Sounds like you had fun. I have yet to go to a tourney because I have no confidence in my skills, but reading stories like yours make me want to go anyways. Were the matches recorded?

BotoxAgent said:
playing blanka is a lonely life....I never seen so many people leave my lobbies so fast, lol
I had never gotten so much hate mail before I started picking up Blanka(in ranked). In endless people who come in with the intent of trying new characters w/o losing points say fuck it when they see I'm playing Blanka and go straight to their 10,000 BP Bison or what have you. lol

Surprisingly enough, I get more ragequitters when playing Makoto.

Don't let GAF get you down about the Green Troll-Machine! It's worth trolling the flowchart shotos in ranked! And occasional flowchart T-Hawks!

Fei Long and Yang are difficult characters to use in my opinion. From the videos, they both rely heavily on FADC and combo execution. It's not the same as Sagat Vanilla where he dished and absorbed tons damage. Although, Yun looks cheap to me.

Kintaro

hitsugi said:
Why Akuma over fei long? If your execution is on point, fei is really ridiculous.. Can't even dash against him

My bad. I forgot Fei Long.

Yun, Yang, Fei Long, Akuma, Makoto.

Kintaro said:
My bad. I forgot Fei Long.

Yun, Yang, Fei Long, Akuma, Makoto.

These guys exist soley for the purpose of ruining your fighting game experience, cheating you out of wins because you need perfect execution to fight against them.
How can you forget a top tier character?

wait until the dlc comes out geez

Kintaro

DryEyeRelief said:
These guys exist soley for the purpose of ruining your fighting game experience, cheating you out of wins because you need perfect execution to fight against them.
How can you forget a top tier character?

wait until the dlc comes out geez

lol I honestly don't care much anymore. I've accepted our Dive Kick Fighter 4 future. =)

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Been getting an inordinate amount of silly messages lately.

I was messing around with Rufus the other day and some dude sends me "You're not Justin Wong." Well, no fucking shit. You have to be Justin Wong to play Rufus or something?

Then some other dude sends me a message when I was playing Bison, talking about how he mains Bison and mine is pretty terrible and that I should pick another character since AE is gonna eat me and my terrible Bison alive. Yes, my Bison is terrible, but I've never really played Bison before the past few days. For some reason, some people have this idea that every time someone plays a match they're always taking it super seriously and they always use their mains and that they're like, never allowed to fuck around with characters they don't really play.

lol Xbox

notworksafe

I've gotten a PSN message that was yelling at me for using throws and described them as "cheating". Gotta love stuff like that.

_dementia said:
Yeah the Asus. It's a night and day difference from my old Samsung.

Nice did you adjust any of the settings. I've got it looking nice in Standard mode for web surfing, but in gaming mode, it looks a bit off and I haven't been able to dial in the colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom