• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocwell

Shito said:
Not a single word about Makoto's new dash?
Boy, this blog is such a letdown. :(
Her dash is one frame faster, she can combo jab > xxx after hp hayate fadc and mp XXX after mp oroshi fadc. What exactly were you hoping for?

Panda you need to come back our Moe levels have diminished to unacceptably low amounts.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Makoto's dash is only a frame faster, but the real buff to her dash is they changed the animation so it's harder to react to + she doesn't push back as much when she collides with her opponent's hitbox.

Also, wtf they buffed her cr.mk? Shit's already a godlike aa but I'll take it.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
as soon as my ps3 and copy of ssf4 is replaced ill be back with bells on.

starcraft gaf is great, but its not as challenging as getting bopped fo' free by floyd and the various cody players.

USD

Tonight, The Break Weekly is making the switch over to Arcade Edition, while also adding Marvel vs. Capcom 3 to the mix. According to Jaxel last week, AE will be single-elimination, while MvC3 will be double-elimination. As far as I know, no one is doing regular streams of AE in the US yet, so this will definitely be something to watch.

Tomorrow is the glorious return of Wednesday Night Fights, with (console) Super Street Fighter IV and Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Looking forward to it, since Wednesdays used to be one of the biggest days for streaming, but with Guard Crush on hiatus (read: dead) and Starbase kind of silently disappearing, there hasn't been much.

Finally, this weekend (Feb 19-20) is the Beat By Contest in Switzerland. As mentioned earlier, EG won't be in attendance, but you'll still be able to see the best of Europe (Alioune, Luffy, Ryan Hart, V-Ryu, Evans, Starnab and others) along with several stars from Japan (Mago, Tokido, and Sako) and Dieminion to rep the US. Not much info yet, but the event will be streamed. That's scheduled to start at 10 AM (GMT +1).

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
USD said:
Finally, this weekend (Feb 19-20) is the Beat By Contest in Switzerland. As mentioned earlier, EG won't be in attendance, but you'll still be able to see the best of Europe (Alioune, Luffy, Ryan Hart, V-Ryu, Evans, Starnab and others) along with several stars from Japan (Mago, Tokido, and Sako) and Dieminion rep the US. Not much info yet, but the event will be streamed. That's scheduled to start at 10 AM (GMT +1).

Pretty lowdown to just call up and be like "yo, not coming" and not even offer an explanation. Especially this close to the event. I'd be mad salty if I was an organizer of that tournament.

Pandaman said:
iirc, psn gaf was nonstop mak, ibuki and duds so i have to get my trolling quota in incase AE makes those characters not trash.

plus i saw coil not using dat rawg and it worried me.

Manpanda, hurry up and get you stuff fixed. We running a FT10 again.

MvC3 is fun, but I know that the SF series will always be my favorite, no matter what. Shoutouts to this community and the mainstays in PSN gafchat. I learn so much, and am so humbled everytime I play you all.

USD

Lost Fragment said:
Pretty lowdown to just call up and be like "yo, not coming" and not even offer an explanation. Especially this close to the event. I'd be mad salty if I was an organizer of that tournament.
Yeah, I really don't like how it went down. Just by how the news piece reads, you can feel the agitation. And as a stream monster, I don't get to watch what could have been Europe vs US vs Japan, so that's definitely disappointing.

PANNNNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

*cue music*

ANNNNNND IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII WILLLLLLLLLLL ALLLLLLLLWWWWWAAAAAYYYYYYSSSSS LOOOOOOVE YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

<3

Shito

Rocwell said:
Her dash is one frame faster, she can combo jab > xxx after hp hayate fadc and mp XXX after mp oroshi fadc. What exactly were you hoping for?
This kind of info...

Lost Fragment said:
Makoto's dash is only a frame faster, but the real buff to her dash is they changed the animation so it's harder to react to + she doesn't push back as much when she collides with her opponent's hitbox.
Thank you, didn't know about all that!
Fukiage and c.MK is a big buff, but so is her dash: I find this rather appalling the *official* blog doesn't even speak about all this.

USD

Shito said:
This kind of info...

Thank you, didn't know about all that!
Fukiage and c.MK is a big buff, but so is her dash: I find this rather disappointing the *official* blog doesn't even speak about all this.
That's because they mentioned most of those changes before. This is the second round of info, with pics and more specific, detailed information. The faster dash is old news. The only thing that wasn't mentioned before was the improved cr.MK.

Shito

Fair enough, must have missed Lost Fragment's info from the last time.
Still, I didn't remember they specifically told her dash was 1 frame faster, but I admit I don't recall this first round all that well.

Morris

Disco Devil
Pandaman said:
iirc, psn gaf was nonstop mak, ibuki and duds so i have to get my trolling quota in incase AE makes those characters not trash.

plus i saw coil not using dat rawg and it worried me.

Yo that random ultra on the match I won wasn't random son, I punished that footsie :c

You should have seeing me playing Mosh tho. I scare. Hard.

MarshMellow96 said:
Okay, so I'm playing SSFIV to get used to my arcade stick again and I've totally forgotten how to buffer supers. I'm talking about hadouken xx super, shoryuken xx super, hp xx super etc..

Anyone care to help? It's driving me nuts and I just can't get it out.

EDIT:

I seem to be able to get it intermittently on 2p. I get it with d,df,f p, d,f, f p..

But on 1p I'm inputting d,df,f p, d,df, f p (with negative edge) and getting nothing.

I've already had to fix my SE once - maybe it's crapping out on that side?

Quoting for another page, unless you're too busy raging at each other.

MarshMellow96 said:
Quoting for another page, unless you're too busy raging at each other.

Specials cancelled into Supers are all about quick movements with the sticks. It hinges on how comfortable you are moving that stick around, really. From your post, it looks like you favor one side over the other. You've really got to just put some time in training mode and dial that muscle memory in.

HP fireball xx Shinku Hado should simply be you inputting two fireball motions quickly and smoothly one after the other. Shoryu xx Shinku is the same thing. After you get the shoryu input off it's another FB motion + punch for the shinku.

Take a look at some vids on youtube that show the players' hands to get an idea of what you should be doing.

Here, it's not that great, but at least you'll have some point of reference. Check out that challenge and the one right after it (#s 19 & 20)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7JPfQaLOwA#t=1m32s

Rocwell

the_log_ride said:
HP fireball xx Shinku Hado should simply be you inputting two fireball motions quickly and smoothly one after the other. Shoryu xx Shinku is the same thing. After you get the shoryu input off it's another FB motion + punch for the shinku.
Basically this, also you mentioned you're using neg edge for the super which is not as good as another button press where you get 2 inputs for the super to come out instead of just one. Double tapping and piano'ing are useful techniques for hitting links into special/super/ultra combos.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Pandaman said:
floyd, i dont remember you being so free with those random ultras.

Oh, That Mosh guy is the real deal. I didn't get to capture the rest of the matches where he pretty much owned everybody in the time he was there. Floyd was the only person that actually gave him some comp. The rest of us were just random selecting though but he was serious. LOL.

We're trying to get first to 15 between him and Floyd. Whenever those two can decide on a day and time, I'll stream it. :)

You guys want me to stream tonight?

Threi said:
lol PSN drama

Wouldn't exactly call it drama when said person is free. The amount of trolling he did on my stream, even Sp00ky would've banned his ass and Sp00ky is very tolerant of that.

Edit: Any of you guys playing MVC3, I'm going to run a PS3 tourney. Winner will get MVC3 stick......and many other stuff. Ooooooooooooo.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Morro! said:
Yo that random ultra on the match I won wasn't random son, I punished that footsie :c

You should have seeing me playing Mosh tho. I scare. Hard.
its always mindgames when they work. :p

Rocwell said:
Basically this, also you mentioned you're using neg edge for the super which is not as good as another button press where you get 2 inputs for the super to come out instead of just one. Double tapping and piano'ing are useful techniques for hitting links into special/super/ultra combos.

So a smooth motion and some more inputs. Got it. Thanks guys!

Imm0rt4l

Got my new pad today along with MVC3!! *does the harlem shake

Welcome Back Panda.

Kadey said:
Hey guys. Some fun stuff last few days. Shoutouts to 37 viewers.

Mosh, Canadian top players made an appearance on the stream. Beasted on Rebelo and Shine in a tourney.

Him vs Floyd.
http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/279623070

The runback.
http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/279629195

Him beasting on Edge and Gundam.
http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/279624829
http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/279630033

Some great Blanka player whom also used a few other characters made an appearance.
http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/279627804

Him vs Rice Eater. They had some good matches going. Ignore the dudes talking on the mic. Didn't mute any of them.
http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/279631701

Anybody watched the stream last night. Tell me whether the stream looked and sounded like the videos. I just want to make sure everything was good. Always trying to improve. :)

awww I wish I was there to play this guy.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Conceited said:
Is this real life? Are you really this out of touch reality?

The mere fact that you think I care about getting blown up on PSN is hilarious. I could lose 1000 games in a row and I wouldn't care, I play this game for fun and fun only, I'm a stream monster through and through.

But man, bragging about wealth in a gaming forum/stream chat, that is some seriously sad stuff right there. Especially because you seem to think that somehow makes you better than me.

Anyways, you are clearly a crazy person, so I'll stop trolling you now. It's no fun when you take it so seriously.

Money can't buy class.

JudgeN

Can someone add me to the PSN list/chat room:

JudgeN

I started about a week ago and getting the timing down for combo's is killing me, maybe in another month ill be ready for online play.

USD

Trollden Cen's sources tell him that AE on consoles will have two additional characters (beyond the four added in the arcade release) and will be disc-only. Take it with a grain of Morton.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
USD said:
Trollden Cen's sources tell him that AE on consoles will have two additional characters (beyond the four added in the arcade release) and will be disc-only. Take it with a grain of Morton.

Lower the price by another $10 and it should be good otherwise I think many people will be angry. Capcom is really really taking advantage of the situation. They know the majority of the fanbase will get it no matter.

Imm0rt4l

USD said:
That's some bullshit if true.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
awww I wish I was there to play this guy.

He's one of my followers so he'll pop up a lot on my stream. I think he loves the spotlight. Guy already uploaded his winning matches to his YT. He didn't upload the match of him losing to Floyd. That's just wrong. LOL.
Can someone add me to the PSN list/chat room:

JudgeN

I started about a week ago and getting the timing down for combo's is killing me, maybe in another month ill be ready for online play.

You have to friend first in order to be added. Kadey1up.

-------------------------

I'll be taking a playlist if anybody wants certain songs or gaming tunes played on the stream. Just give me like a list of ten or something.

hitsugi

Kadey said:
Lower the price by another $10 and it should be good otherwise I think many people will be angry. Capcom is really really taking advantage of the situation. They know the majority of the fanbase will get it no matter.

unfortunately, it seems Capcom may be getting a bit too greedy.. we'll see though D:

Imm0rt4l

Kadey said:
He's one of my followers so he'll pop up a lot on my stream. I think he loves the spotlight. Guy already uploaded his winning matches to his YT. He didn't upload the match of him losing to Floyd. That's just wrong. LOL.

You have to friend first in order to be added. Kadey1up.

-------------------------

I'll be taking a playlist if anybody wants certain songs or gaming tunes played on the stream. Just give me like a list of ten or something.

I think he might be a sagat I played recently and bodied on my alt account that had zero bp/pp best of 5 if it is then I'm gonna upload it lol(through blackberry cam) , maybe I'll even tag him in it. I kinda hope it is him now.

I had a bunch of fights saved where floyd beat me on my old ps3, but I never got a chance to upload them as I don't have my capture card anymore. I felt kinda shitty bout that cuz the only night i recorded with me and him only had 3 matches and I won 2 of em which isn't really indicative of our fights from 6 months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom