• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
USD said:
Trollden Cen's sources tell him that AE on consoles will have two additional characters (beyond the four added in the arcade release) and will be disc-only. Take it with a grain of Morton.
Doubt the disc-only bit, but if it means 2 more characters, I'm sure I'll succumb.

hitsugi

Does anyone from Capcom read this thread..?

because we should have had Karin a long time ago, and AE should definitely be DLC

AkumaHokoru said:
hate to tell you..but henry's source is mostly solid...sorry

As long as it's a reasonable price, I'm down.

Possible release date mang?

I'm thinking whenever they officially reveal Oni and Evil Roo.

are they going to rebalance this game again?

It would be strange if they did and make AE obsolete, wouldn't it? Plus, the fact they are adding two new characters.

USD said:
Trollden Cen's sources tell him that AE on consoles will have two additional characters (beyond the four added in the arcade release) and will be disc-only. Take it with a grain of Morton.
DO NOT WANT DISC ONLY.

If one of the characters is Rolento for DLC, will BUY. Capcom would be dumb to split the playerbase with another disc-only release. I'd imagine it could be a complete edition with all the DLC costumes and new characters on disc.

AkumaHokoru said:
hate to tell you..but henry's source is mostly solid...sorry
I can't recall if he's been right yet. Didn't he say AE DLC will release in June or such?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I'm cool with them packing the DLC in with like, a $25 greatest hits limited re-release or something if they also make it available as DLC for those of us who already own Super.

Imma be pissed if you can only get it by buying the new disc.

USD

I think the main point he was trying make though is that Capcom would be treating the game as a full release, as opposed to just a simple DLC add-on, and that the addition of two extra characters would justify that.

I wonder if it'll be a Greatest Hits/Platinum Hits kind of deal like VF4 Evo last gen. I assume the costumes will be compatible like SF4 to SSF4.

Im hoping for a Disc release really..Im hoping that releasing a disc Capcom will make the netcode better.And maybe all previous DLC on the disc
That shit aint happening :(
the_log_ride said:
As long as home and arcade are exactly the same eventually.... Goddammit, Capcom!
^ also this

B1gg_Randall said:
Im hoping for a Disc release really..Im hoping that releasing a disc Capcom will make the netcode better.And maybe all previous DLC on the disc
That shit aint happening :(
Disc would be better for tournaments, certainly.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
Given that the DLC's likely to be at least $20, I'd rather just have a new disc. Also, I suspect that'll be much better in terms of adoption rate.

MIMIC

Banned
2 more characters (Rose & Adon) and I'll finally have the C rank achievement. Maybe I should just do it now and get it over with.....

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
DjangoReinhardt said:
Given that the DLC's likely to be at least $20, I'd rather just have a new disc. Also, I suspect that'll be much better in terms of adoption rate.

Not to mention easier for the tournament scene.

XenoRaven

USD said:
Bought.

Conceited said:
lol wut

http://www.shadowloo.com/interviews/mct-blog-presents-nemo-interview

Nemo says Adon is top 5.

1.ユン Yun
2.フェイロン Feilong
3.ヤン Yang
4.まこと Makoto
5.アドン Adon
6.ケン Ken
7.サガット Sagat
8.ゴウキ Akuma
9.ヴァイパー Viper
10.ザンギ Zangief
Wow, even without his old wakeup timing?

Movin' on up!

Brobzoid said:
Is he calling Adon a troll character?! :mad:
I get trolled online by Adons quite a bit. Jag kick pressure in lag is like a personal hell for me :(
I mean online is online so whatever, but I can see safe specials and that shit-eating grin of his elevating him to troll status.

vg260

Lost Fragment said:
I'm cool with them packing the DLC in with like, a $25 greatest hits limited re-release or something if they also make it available as DLC for those of us who already own Super.

Imma be pissed if you can only get it by buying the new disc.

Agree 100%. Making it-disc only is gonna piss off a lot of people, and possibly turn them off to the franchise.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
_dementia said:
I get trolled online by Adons quite a bit. Jag kick pressure in lag is like a personal hell for me :(
I mean online is online so whatever, but I can see safe specials and that shit-eating grin of his elevating him to troll status.
What a mean ninja edit. You shouldn't hate someone based on their looks. :(

HiResDes

Conceited said:
lol wut

http://www.shadowloo.com/interviews/mct-blog-presents-nemo-interview

Nemo says Adon is top 5.

1.ユン Yun
2.フェイロン Feilong
3.ヤン Yang
4.まこと Makoto
5.アドン Adon
6.ケン Ken
7.サガット Sagat
8.ゴウキ Akuma
9.ヴァイパー Viper
10.ザンギ Zangief
No dictator? Well get off the Bison bandwagon, let me use him in peace. Hold on, what buffs did Sagat get?

_dementia said:

The worse is when Adons that jump circles around me with crossups. His fast jump out beats mine. My only option is to FADC out of the crossups into safety. Makes me rage a bit. >:-|

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
black_vegeta said:
The worse is when Adons that jump circles around me with crossups. His fast jump out beats mine. My only option is to FADC out of the crossups into safety. Makes me rage a bit. >:-|

As an Adon player I find this is a sure-fire way to piss people off.

Honestly, having Yun and Yang in AE is bad enough for me, but having them be top tier is killing my hype. I really dislike their character design and playstyle. I hope it's like Rufus and Fei Long where they are top tier, but hard to use. Yang seems like that type of character, but Yun is supposedly easy as hell to use. That full screen EX Punch is stupid.

hitsugi

Yun, even at his most basic level, is extremely easy to be effective with. There's no denying that, but someone had to be top tier in this game... Doesn't mean they're all you're going to see or play against.

MIMIC

Banned
FINALLY!

2s00j0x.jpg

(Adon fucking sucks, btw)

MIMIC

Banned
black_vegeta said:
HOw long did it take?

A LONG ass time. Sometimes I would do 1 character and then not go back for another week. It's a lot of work.....which is why I decided to just get my last 3 done today (T. Hawk, Adon & Rose)

On average, I'd say that to rank 1 character up, it took maybe 45 mins to an hour and a half--factoring in losses and finding a match/waiting in a lobby. I was playing 1 rounders so I could 1) make it go quicker and 2) possibly play lesser-skilled people.

Satyamdas

Banned
Playing a bit of MvC3 online and seeing that 1 Round Ranked Match setting pic reminded me of just how unbelievably shitty Capcom has done online modes in SF4/SSF4/MvC3.

SF4:
- Ranked matches can be changed from standard 2/3 Rounds, 99 sec. time limit
- No lobbies
- Weak replay options
- No quick rematch option for player matches

+ Player matches
+ Smiley face icons ^_^
+ Championship Mode
+ Most accurate lag indicator

SSF4:
- Same Ranked problem of allowing 30 Sec/1 Rd. settings (Why in the fuck this was not fixed I will never know)
- Disconnect % hidden unless you scroll down before each match and press a button to see it, when there is tons of screen space to display it like in SF4
- No more smiley face icons. I want to use that pink laughing smiley on loser trolls >:|
- Champ mode gone and replaced by the quickly deserted Tourney/Team battles
- Player match gone (I know you can make 2 person lobbies, but it isn't the same because you will end up waiting forever for someone to join and they usually leave right away. Should have been there as an extra choice to Ranked and Endless like it is in MvC3)
- Lag indicators going from 5 to 4 bars, which produces much more inaccurate results

+ Endless lobbies and spectating added (by far the best improvement)
+ Much improved Replay mode

MvC3:
- No lag indicators before Ranked/Player matches, which means you
- Can't browse Ranked/Player for good connections. Or browse at all, actually
- Lag indicator only for the host of a lobby, and not with the other players in the lobby (fucking REALLY?)
- After 'failed to join' message you are sent back to the main Online menu instead of the submenu you were just in
- No spectating (yet), huge boner killer. HUGE.
- Can't do a quick rematch with a friend you invited to a player match, but you CAN do quick rematch vs. a random player match opponent. THE FUCK, Capcom?!?!?

+ Can't change the time limit in Ranked matches (FINALLY!)
+ Lobbies have more information at a glance, and the ability to sit out for a while but remain in the lobby is nice (but having to press Y to reserve a spot upon entering is fucktarded)
+ Player matches return alongside Ranked and Endless

This is just a personal gripe list obviously. Some things are just tiny nitpicks and others are WTF are you serious?! But I am nonetheless astounded at Capcom's ability to continually fuck basic online shit up while simultaneously improving other things. I am not filled with confidence in Capcom releasing a DLC patch to include spectating or implement lag indicators for all opponents, but we'll see.

ij6nIu.gif

Satyamdas said:
Playing a bit of MvC3 online and seeing that 1 Round Ranked Match setting pic reminded me of just how unbelievably shitty Capcom has done online modes in SF4/SSF4/MvC3.

<lolz snipped>

This is just a personal gripe list obviously. Some things are just tiny nitpicks and others are WTF are you serious?! But I am nonetheless astounded at Capcom's ability to continually fuck basic online shit up while simultaneously improving other things. I am not filled with confidence in Capcom releasing a DLC patch to include spectating or implement lag indicators for all opponents, but we'll see.

ij6nIu.gif

The Capcommunists aren't going to hear any of that.

It really is a shame that the market leader (in hype) for fighting games is also the worst candidate for online implementation. Why are they not suckling at the teat of Tony Cannon (GGPO) and Arc System Works (BB GODLY netcode)?

I'm sure this stuff works fine in Japan and in areas with better than normal internet speeds; but given how absolutely screwed most American consumers are when it comes to ISP choices (here I have two, one works - the other doesn't) you can't assume every player has a godly connection when designing netcode. :|

After spending a few hours on MvC3, I think I can safely say I'm going no where. This place will always be my true home. I wasn't hyped for MvC3, I basically bought it because I felt obligated to. I'll still keep playing it and try to learn the mechanics of the game. But SSF4 will remain my main game and I'm really starving for AE right now.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
MvC3's online UI makes me thankful for the way they did SSF4's for the most part. And most of the bad things about SSF4's can be avoided if you just make your own lobbies.

Rice-Eater said:
After spending a few hours on MvC3, I think I can safely say I'm going no where. This place will always be my true home. I wasn't hyped for MvC3, I basically bought it because I felt obligated to. I'll still keep playing it and try to learn the mechanics of the game. But SSF4 will remain my main game and I'm really starving for AE right now.

Heh heh - yeah, barring my attempting to be good at BB, I'm way more comfortable with more methodical fighters. Even if I don't care for a lot of what Ono changed in this game, there's no denying I don't feel out of my element when I play this most of the time.

Satyamdas

Banned
The Take Out Bandit said:
The Capcommunists aren't going to hear any of that.

It really is a shame that the market leader (in hype) for fighting games is also the worst candidate for online implementation. Why are they not suckling at the teat of Tony Cannon (GGPO) and Arc System Works (BB GODLY netcode)?

I'm sure this stuff works fine in Japan and in areas with better than normal internet speeds; but given how absolutely screwed most American consumers are when it comes to ISP choices (here I have two, one works - the other doesn't) you can't assume every player has a godly connection when designing netcode. :|
Honestly I don't have much of a gripe with the netcode itself. SF4 was good, SSF4 is also good, and I haven't played enough MvC3 to judge how it compares. I mean in SSF4 I play guys in Florida (I'm in Ca.), and it is completely playable even on a yellow connection. I've never played BB but I'll trust those who've played both and say that BB's netcode is better, so I don't doubt that Capcom could tighten up their netcode even further.

My problem is the plethora of issues with the implementation of their online. There are just so many common sense things that they keep fucking up, it really boggles the mind as to how a company who can produce such great games can be so bass ackwards when it comes to basic online shit.

The Take Out Bandit said:
Heh heh - yeah, barring my attempting to be good at BB, I'm way more comfortable with more methodical fighters. Even if I don't care for a lot of what Ono changed in this game, there's no denying I don't feel out of my element when I play this most of the time.

That's exactly how I feel, I learned how to play on a stick through SSF4. So transitioning from that to MvC3 feels very strange and awkward. I use to play MvC2 a lot back in the day, but mainly on console using a pad. I somehow feel like I would do better on a pad for MvC3 now even though I'm pretty comfortable using a stick as strange as that sounds.

But anyways, that's not the main reason. I'm just not having much fun playing the game. I like watching the game, but I don't seem to enjoy playing it. Unlike SSF4 which I love watching and playing the game. I don't know, I use to really love playing MvC2, but the magic is gone apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom